News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Shoutbox Funeral

Started by Hickory, June 14, 2016, 06:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

We're gathered here today to honor the merciful saddening death of the shout box. It provided numerous ways to waste megabytes have fun, and was a source of entertainment for no one most members. I myself am was an avid supporter of our little baby shout box, and I am quite sad to see it go.

Over the years months, many one person has been constantly campaigning against the shout box. I speak of Great Overlord James Gryphon, the moderator. James, I thank you condemn you for killing something that needed to be destroyed was doing no harm.

For the rest of us, as we move on in our nonexistent lives, remember the shout box. A great friend of many, a counselor to some, and a great place to be for no one all on the forum.

Amen.

Could any of the people willing to pay respects come forward?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

James Gryphon

Wow, Del was right, it really did break the forum.

Hold on a few minutes.

Edit: Okay, refreshed the page. That looks better. (Still need to axe Great Hall.)
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

It is dead then, it is as I feared.

I WAS RIGHT AGAIN!!!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Eulaliaaa!

Dear Shoutbox.... I know our last words together were filled with pointless SPAM!, and I hope... wherever you are, you can bring yourself to forgive me. But for many days, you brought joy and entertainment... pointless SPAM and forum activity-eating conversations. While I could be unforgiving and cruel by saying you took away forum activity and were bringing about non-Redwall related conversations... I choose to be grateful for what you contributed to the forum. While I am not overly sad to see you go, I will miss you for like a few minutes before I move on. Rest in peace, Spambox Shoutbox... rest in peace.

A moment of silence, please, for our fallen Shoutbox.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

A song I think fits the mood:
« Subject to editing »

Kitsune

It's a shame that the shoutbox was so abused. It said "Shoutbox", I do believe, not "the Cellars". So, may I ask the entire forum why people posted their spam there?

One of the necessary elements of real relationships is casual conversation. "We have the Cellars for that," you say. Really? Every topic gets turned into universe-ending death battles. I suppose we will have to get used to communicating with each other through well-formed arguments like members of Parliament, or amidst the pure chaos of the Cellars.

I didn't want the shoutbox to die. However, I wanted the contorted Cellars that it had become to die. I suppose it is better this way, because I have found it increasingly hard to have normal conversations with any of you on what used to be the shoutbox.

Why didn't I post my opinions on the shoutbox discussion topic? Why didn't I try to stop the deletion? Why didn't I at least try? Because you wouldn't have listened. Every time one of you self-righteous fools open your mouths to spew paragraphs of opinions at each other, you are already ensuring that you will not listen to other views. My voice would be drowned out and utterly pointless. I only say what I say now because opinions are gone and the past is history. So, you might listen.

I will not be posting much. Not that it matters - I'm not even supposed to be here. If you wish to talk, PM me. I would appreciate some real conversation. Once the RP I am in is done, I will do what I have been delaying now for three months.

Aimless Gallivanter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JAMES WHY
im gay!!!!!!

Unimaginative

Shoutbox Funeral Song

[close]
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Kitsune on June 14, 2016, 06:59:53 PM
It's a shame that the shoutbox was so abused. It said "Shoutbox", I do believe, not "the Cellars". So, may I ask the entire forum why people posted their spam there?

One of the necessary elements of real relationships is casual conversation. "We have the Cellars for that," you say. Really? Every topic gets turned into universe-ending death battles. I suppose we will have to get used to communicating with each other through well-formed arguments like members of Parliament, or amidst the pure chaos of the Cellars.

I didn't want the shoutbox to die. However, I wanted the contorted Cellars that it had become to die. I suppose it is better this way, because I have found it increasingly hard to have normal conversations with any of you on what used to be the shoutbox.

Why didn't I post my opinions on the shoutbox discussion topic? Why didn't I try to stop the deletion? Why didn't I at least try? Because you wouldn't have listened. Every time one of you self-righteous fools open your mouths to spew paragraphs of opinions at each other, you are already ensuring that you will not listen to other views. My voice would be drowned out and utterly pointless. I only say what I say now because opinions are gone and the past is history. So, you might listen.

I will not be posting much. Not that it matters - I'm not even supposed to be here. If you wish to talk, PM me. I would appreciate some real conversation. Once the RP I am in is done, I will do what I have been delaying now for three months.

GUYS HE JUST HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD KIT NEEDS A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!!

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Aimless Gallivanter

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 14, 2016, 09:12:34 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on June 14, 2016, 06:59:53 PM

GUYS HE JUST HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD KIT NEEDS A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!!

*Aimless Gallivanter claps but is also crying
im gay!!!!!!

The Skarzs

Quote from: Sagetip on June 14, 2016, 06:32:48 PM
Over the years months, many one person has been constantly campaigning against the shout box. I speak of Great Overlord James Gryphon, the moderator. James, I thank you condemn you for killing something that needed to be destroyed was doing no harm.
I object!

I was the one who rekindled the discussion on the shout box; I was a big contributor to its removal. Victory is mine.
I really don't like seeing people upset, and I'm sorry, but I did what I thought was right, and it is what it is.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.