News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 28, 2016, 01:58:55 AM

OOC: You know Delthion's never actually done anything wrong, he's just been tagging along with Jason. He's going to get a horrible deal no matter how this turns out, just because he's held company with a bad guy.

Just goes to show you've got to choose your friends wisely.

It was his idea to try and kill Wilbur the first time, and he killed one of the two people who joined up with us. So technically...

BIC:

Jason laughed.
"You killed Byurn? Good. I don't know why you think I liked him so much, the man was a snake... Wilbur... Yes, I remember that name. He's the one who died, so that everyone else could live. Sad, yes, but it was either the cripple died, or all of us worked until our deaths, him included."
The survivor stood up.
"I never wanted any of this. I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to come to Florida in the first place, and I sure as the heavens above did not want what happened in Montreal. So, if I could get my vehicle and my son back, I'd be very happy if our paths never crossed again. The only people I want to see again are my family, but they're all dead except for Del. Who knows? Maybe if you ever find yourself in the Rockies after this is over, I'll buy you a drink and confess my sins so I can die a happy man. Until then, stay. Out. Of. My. Way. Because the next person who tries to take away the only family I have left, I swear to the powers that be, I will kill you slowly, even if I die doing it."
Somebody opened their mouth to speak, but Jason cut them off.
"And before you say anything, yes. I know. He's not biologically related to me, and living government officials with adoption paperwork are kind of hard to come by around here. But I'm the closest thing to a father the kid has, and that's what counts. Its an honor, really."
The survivor turned to Stone.
"General, let me tell you one thing. You, me, Byurn, the men from Montreal; we're all more alike then you may want to think. We're killers, who, in the absence of the law are governed only by our own morals. Some are stricter than others, yes, but right now? There's not an innocent man on the planet, and that's a cold, hard fact. It might be a god idea to remember that."

Delthion

"Well General, I think that my actions here speak for themselves. I have already befriended the man's family that unfortunately has since passed, and I have played with the children for an entire hour. What possible reason could you have to hate or fear me? I hope that this will lead to a long and beneficial relationship between myself and your people. Byurn enslaved all of us, Jason used his only play to get himself and me out of there, at the first opportunity we betrayed him because of his behaviour, I for one abhorred Byurn's ways, and now that I have found this place, I am pleasantly surprised to find good in the world!"

OOC: Responded.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

"What..." Antonio gasped, his eyes blazing with righteous anger. "I don't remember being let out after you killed Wilbur. Eul, Kyle, and I were still slaves. You... You... You..." Antonio had to take a breath for a moment, to recollect himself so he could keep talking. "You didn't do it to help us, you did it to save yourself."

The young doctor rounded on Delthion, realizing who he was for the first time. "You befriended them, and played with their kids? Did you charge through a horde of zombies to save them? That's what Eul did to save Eric. Did you take a bullet to provide covering fire so the others could escape? That's what I did." Antonio untucked his filth covered shirt and shredded Kevlar armor to show the large, green and yellow bruise from where the sniper's bullet had connected.
"Did you practically carry those kids for miles while... While fleeing from zombies? Because that's what Kyle did for Eric. We didn't want too, we didn't even need to save him, but we did anyway. Because that's what the human race needs, courage and selflessness that goes beyond reason."
Antonio stepped back coughing into his elbow as he seemed to reconsider. Chewing on his bottom lip he turned to face the general, the hard anger fading. "There's no love lost between us, but I'd rather not see the kid... kid... Delthion killed."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Delthion looked very confused. "What kid? I don't remember anything like that..."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

OOC:

Quote from: Delthion on September 30, 2016, 02:34:46 AM
"Well General, I think that my actions here speak for themselves. I have already befriended the man's family that unfortunately has since passed, and I have played with the children for an entire hour.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

OOC:
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 30, 2016, 02:44:55 PM
The young doctor rounded on Delthion, realizing who he was for the first time. "You befriended them, and played with their kids? Did you charge through a horde of zombies to save them? That's what Eul did to save Eric. Did you take a bullet to provide covering fire so the others could escape? That's what I did." Antonio untucked his filth covered shirt and shredded Kevlar armor to show the large, green and yellow bruise from where the sniper's bullet had connected.
"Did you practically carry those kids for miles while... While fleeing from zombies? Because that's what Kyle did for Eric. We didn't want too, we didn't even need to save him, but we did anyway. Because that's what the human race needs, courage and selflessness that goes beyond reason."
Antonio stepped back coughing into his elbow as he seemed to reconsider. Chewing on his bottom lip he turned to face the general, the hard anger fading. "There's no love lost between us, but I'd rather not see the kid... kid... Delthion killed."

James Gryphon

His character was referring to yours, but couldn't think of his name at first, it being some time since they last interacted.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Fatch of Southsward

General Stone and the knights listened carefully to everything that was said.

When Jason and Delthion remarked that Stone was out of control the town rumbled angrily and a few stones flew from the crowd, with a chorus of "Boos." One struck Jason across the brow, and blood trickled over his eyes.

At Antonio's declarations, several knights cheered and the town clapped. Some stepped towards Jason threateningly.

At Eul's words, Eric nodded, and winked at several townsfolk.

Delthion's plea drew some nods, and Axel nodded and grunted in an affirmative sort of way.

At Jason's declarations, The doctor and Stone once again exchanged dark looks. They plainly were not buying into his story. They also did not like his aggressive and angry tone.

Stone stepped forward slowly.

"Well. Your accounts of things don't quite match up, Jason. You claimed they were terrorists from Montreal, and you didn't know how they got here, yet you've admitted that you saw them at the slaver's compound?"

"You claim your intentions are good, but you have already helped take a valuable life away from us. You think I'm out of control? How would you react if someone as close as your brother was taken from you?"

"Now then... If anyone has anything left to say. Now's the time. Axel, line them up."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Groddil

"Of course my story didn't match up. It was pure speculation. I haven't seen these people in years, you expect me to remember exactly who they were?"
Jason bristled further as soon as the word 'brother' left Stone's mouth.
"A brother? What about a wife? Or a daughter who hadn't even turned ten? That's what happened in Montreal. That's what happened when three terrorists set off a pressure cooker bomb in the conference room my family was in, as I was giving a speech. My daughter watched her mother die a few feet away from her. Total chaos, dead people everywhere. She had a huge piece of shrapnel in her arm and she still didn't want to leave her mother. I had to drag her out of that building. And even then, when we thought we were safe in the streets, surrounded by cops, one of them still ran at the survivors with a gun. He got a few shots off before the police put him down. And my daughter never even lived to see the hospital. So don't talk to me about loss. You have no idea what it felt like to be there. For any of us... I think we both know what happens next. So get on with it."

OOC:

Quote from: Soren
Spoiler
[close]

Delthion

OOC: I am not sure you are dead quite yet, but in the event of your death. You were a good teammate Groddil! Always willing to carry out my nefarious plans. It's funny that even though I had all of the ideas, you were the one that carried them out and so I am the more virtuous one. ;D

Hickory

Kyle stared at Jason."You think all this is justified because you lost someone? If killing a person in the name of another was allowed, you and Delthion would both be stone dead. Acceptance is the first form of recovery... and it doesn't seem like you've accepted the fact that your family isn't coming back, and nothing ever will. Would they want you doing this?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Jason laughed.
"Justified? Nobody's trying to prove anything; everyone here knows what's about to happen and who's gonna die. But how about one more old saying before I go to Hell? 'Never judge somebody until you've walked a mile in their shoes.' You may think that I'm a monster, and in many ways I am, but I know what you feel. I'm not completely heartless, why do you think Del's still alive? Why didn't I kill him years ago when food was getting scarce? I've made my peace with the things I've done and I know my fate. All I hope is so do you, when the time comes. We're all guilty of something. All lost something and gained something. Now, if you'll hurry up, I've got a dance with the devil."
He looked at Stone expectantly.

Hickory

OOC: Kyle is 20 years older than Jason. ;)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Quote from: Sagetip on October 01, 2016, 01:44:25 PM
OOC: Kyle is 20 years older than Jason. ;)

Did not expect that. Edited.