News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: there've been a few things I recognized ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

"I do," Antonio said, rolling his eyes and he hoisted his backpack on. "Which is why I don't trust you, but just as long as we don't have to surrender our... Our weapons, lead on."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Jason raised an eyebrow.
"That's an easy one. I must have killed... several hundred undead? Some directly, some indirectly. All for a reason. You want people? I've killed four. The first was a terrorist, before this happened, so long ago. He... killed my wife. Tried to kill me. The second and third were two other survivors. My son and I were alone, and they seemed dangerous. Kept pointing guns at us and making threats. We didn't want anything to do with them, but they wouldn't leave us alone. Self-defense. In all my life, I've only ever committed one murder. That was two years ago. My group had been captured by slavers, there was around ten of us. The slavers said that to gain their trust, we had to kill the weakest member. So that night, we made a plan. Once the slavers trusted us enough to let us off our chains, we'd make a run for it. I guess I drew the short straw, because I did it. The next day, we escaped, and me and Delthion never saw the others again. I'm not proud of it, but I think the only reason I keep going is because I've got one other relative left to take care of. If you take him, then I'm going with him, one way or another."

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1: (I'm going to assume you're on board to go with Eric. That seems to be the general vibe.)

As they walked as Eric instructed he answered Eul's question.

"Cure a bite? Heavens no - no doctor alive can do that. I've only ever heard of one cure, created by accident in a lab. No one was ever able to replicate it. We haven't heard anything about it in a long time."

"Besides, its best to keep your priorities in order to stay alive. Don't worry about curing a bite - worry about not getting bit in the first place. That's how we're all still here isn't it?" - he smiled grimly.

~~~ A short while later ~~~

Eric put his hands in the air suddenly, nodding at the others to do the same. They cut a winding path through deceptions and traps until they approached a great walled settlement. A lake, with fisherman on the edges sparkled in the sunlight, and the walls, lined with guards towered above them. Old cottages and dirt paths cut through the dense woodlands. The gate was open for them ahead. Two men sprinted out an embraced Eric in relief.

"Thank god you're alright Eric! What happened to your team?" Said the first man. He looked just like Eric - a brother perhaps?

"Dead. I would be to if not for these people here." Said Eric shakily

"Indeed? They seem to have weapons..." added the other guard.

Eric's brother shook his head. "I'll have no man or woman who saved my brother disarmed here. Come in! Come in! Anything we have I can offer you Eric's share and my own as well. We owe you deeply. We value a life's debt very highly here. They walked in the door and saw a strange sight - Delthion, along with a massive muscular man. They were talking to two small children. Delthion was on one knee...

Group 2:

Delthion and Axel were comforting the two little ones. Their father was gone forever, but they seemed to be taking it alright.

"I wish Daddy could come back." said the daughter unhappily. Axel, who seemed to have warmed towards Delthion quite a bit, wiped his eye momentarily, before turning to see newcomers.

Eric, his brother, Eul, Antonio and Kyle were walking up the path. Delthion turned and saw them as well...

Group 3:

The psychologist seemed to be deep in thought. "Very well, join the General and I. We will go see how Delthion is doing, and discuss your predicament."

Jason and the doctor left the room and were joined by the man that had held Jason and Delthion up earlier. The general and doctor talked in low voices, no doubt about things concerning Jason, as they approached Delthion's cottage. They saw two groups before them - Delthion and Axel on the left and Eul, Antonio, Kyle, Eric and Eric's brother on the right. Jason's eyes widened...
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Delthion

OOC: "Eric's brother". ;D

BIC: Delthion looked rather surprised to see the other group of survivors. Would they never learn not to follow the second group? He pretended not to notice the group, he wasn't willing to make the first move.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

At first Antonio didn't even recognize Dethion, he'd grown in the two years since they had met last, an though there was a slight flicker of remembrance Antonio couldn't recall the face. However as the young doctor looked from the kids to the approaching adults his awkward smile changed in a harsh glare in a moment. His hand went for the pistol shoved in his belt, but he thought better of it, simply leaving a hand resting on the weapon.
"That's Jason, I'd swear it." He whispered to Kyle, alerting the other survivor. "If he's teamed up with these people we might not be able... Able to trust them. We should prepare to fight our way out, you should tell Eul."
Adjusting his stance Antonio stepped forward tapping Eric on the shoulder, speaking in a louder voice. "Hey, do you know who that is?" He asked pointing to Jason.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Kyle looked at Delthion and Jason. He was still wary of Jason, substantially more so than Delthion. Hopefully the presence of armed guards would prevent him from trying anything on Antonio, Eul, and himself.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul had her gun out the second she saw Jason, pointing it at him and watching for any move he made. "What is he doing here?" she demanded, glancing at Del. "Him too."
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

Jason lifted an eyebrow at Eul.
"Hey, you, whoever you are. Why don't you put down that gun?"

Eulaliaaa!

"Whoever I am?" Eul repeated. "You know me, Jason. And you're a murderer." She kept her gun aimed at him, looking at Eric. "You can't trust him, he'll turn on you the second he feels like it. He killed one of our own without reason."

Groddil

"Murderer? One of yours? Which one were you? The two shifty men? The slaves with the weak link? Or the pre-undead terrorists? The terrorists, wasn't it? Yes, you look familiar. You were there, weren't you? In Montreal? How did you get to Florida, you unhinged freak?"

Delthion

Delthion assumed that Jason knew the true identities of those to whom he was speaking, and so trusted to what might or might not be a plan.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

A dozen armed men, pointing guns at various members in confusion joined in.

"What the heck is going on?"

"Drop the weapons!"

"Eric, why did you bring these people in here?"

The doctor and the general exchanged looks darkly...
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Groddil

Jason's looked around at the guards.
"Which one of you is Eric? You made a big mistake with this one. It has to be her. She was there. She's one of THEM. From Montreal. She'll kill you. Her and her terrorist buddies, they'll slit your throats when you aren't looking!"

Eulaliaaa!

"Why don't you tell them about Wilbur? You shot him and ran, you and your friend, Del. We're not terrorists, that's ridiculous. You were working with that guy, Byurn, weren't you? What was it that he talked to you about that one day, huh? You seemed fine when you came back." Eul wasn't about to live anywhere near this murderer, they'd all be dead before they knew it.