News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Down with instant chat

Started by James Gryphon, January 06, 2017, 08:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Feles

Seeing as I haven't actually been on the discord chat...
Quote from: Mask on January 07, 2017, 02:19:23 AM
I'm with James on this one.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

I kind of despise the Discord channel actually, mostly for reason that do not need to be said.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

I always end up forgetting about it since it blew up my phone the first day I had it resulting in me turning off notifications. I dunno how I feel about it. Much more easier to see pictures, but not that easy to span long drawn out responses.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

alexandre

I like the discord, though the Redwall Discussion topic takes things too far, that ought not be there. It isn't a second forum, it is just a place to chat about nothing in particular and have immediate responses.
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Sagetip on January 07, 2017, 04:29:32 AM
I kind of despise the Discord channel actually, mostly for reason that do not need to be said.

What, the fact we spent all day yesterday playing KMK? Or the fact that we don't watch our language quite so much?

The Discord chat is a place to hang out, get immediate responses, have fun, voice chat. I think it's brought us a little closer. We hardly talk about Redwall, and have a little Cellars craziness that ISN'T PPing or GMing. Is that so bad? As I said, I use both, I have both tabs open all day.

Eulaliaaa!

Well if it's voice chat, I especially have a problem with it and would never use it. Those surgeries I had on my mouth when I was little make it hard enough for people to understand me when talking face to face.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Cornflower MM

Voice chatting is an option. (And for that matter, some of us prefer to just eavesdrop) But I'm sorry to hear that, Eul.

Hickory

Quote from: Peony on January 07, 2017, 03:33:47 PM

What, the fact we spent all day yesterday playing KMK? Or the fact that we don't watch our language quite so much?

The Discord chat is a place to hang out, get immediate responses, have fun, voice chat. I think it's brought us a little closer. We hardly talk about Redwall, and have a little Cellars craziness that ISN'T PPing or GMing. Is that so bad? As I said, I use both, I have both tabs open all day.
I did not have problems with either.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

What, the fact we spent all day yesterday playing KMK? Or the fact that we don't watch our language quite so much? What's KMK?

The Discord chat is a place to hang out, get immediate responses, have fun, voice chat. I think it's brought us a little closer. I agree with everything that has been said in the pervious two sentences. We hardly talk about Redwall, and have a little Cellars craziness that ISN'T PPing or GMing. Is that so bad? As I said, I use both, I have both tabs open all day.

alexandre

Quote from: Groddil on January 08, 2017, 05:32:33 AM

What, the fact we spent all day yesterday playing KMK? Or the fact that we don't watch our language quite so much? What's KMK?

The Discord chat is a place to hang out, get immediate responses, have fun, voice chat. I think it's brought us a little closer. I agree with everything that has been said in the pervious two sentences. We hardly talk about Redwall, and have a little Cellars craziness that ISN'T PPing or GMing. Is that so bad? As I said, I use both, I have both tabs open all day.

KMK stands for "Kiss, Marry, Kill" It is a game where someone gives you three names, they can be anyone, IRL, fandom, forum, etc. And you state which one you would kiss, which one you would marry, and which one you would kill.
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3