News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Phobias

Started by Matthias720, October 27, 2011, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

A couple years ago I did a research project on grizzly bears, I think they're awesome.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on March 29, 2015, 03:51:22 PM
A couple years ago I did a research project on grizzly bears, I think they're awesome.

They ARE awesome, but I wouldn't want to be standing anywhere near them :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

MatthiasMan

I think if I ever saw a grizzly bear, I'd be too scared of it to study it. I love bears and they are cuddly and cute, but real life bears scare me. They eat you alive. :-\

Izeroth

I've never been afraid of snakes, and I can't really understand why anyone would be. Most snake species are completely harmless, and they are neither slimy nor slippery.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Izeroth on April 04, 2015, 03:30:46 AM
I've never been afraid of snakes, and I can't really understand why anyone would be. Most snake species are completely harmless, and they are neither slimy nor slippery.

Maybe because most people are ready to assume that they are poisonous.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Morgazath

I have a small amount of a phobia for zombies. I can play certain games, but I can't watch any zombie movies.
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Eulaliaaa!

I've only seen one zombie movie and several zombie games, I don't find them too scary, though. The idea just doesn't seem scary to me, same with most monsters or stuff like that.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Izeroth

Most zombies just seem goofy to me. However, when done in a realistic way, I think zombies are pretty scary.

Luftwaffles

I like the concept of zombies and I don't really find them all that intimidating nor scary, but I'll have to admit that I jumped from my seat the first time I played Left 4 Dead 2. Those... darn... witches. When the concept is done right, I think that it has the potential to become anyone's nightmare.

Eulaliaaa!

I agree, it can be. I saw World War Z, but I didn't find it scary at all. Except for those jump scares, jump scares always get me. That reminds me, I don't like eating during a movie because I'm afraid there'll be a jump scare and I'll choke...

Lady Ashenwyte

I'm very scared of zombies.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Eulaliaaa!

Babies terrify me. The way they just sit there and stare, their laugh is disturbing too...

James Gryphon

Babies are, for the most part, scary little creatures. They all look the same, and they practice the most nauseating behavior. And they make a lot of noise, usually for no good reason. They're almost as annoying as our squawking bird and moaning dog team.
« Subject to editing »

Luftwaffles

My nephew scares me. He likes to do things that are either remarkably dangerous or just plain stupid... one day he is going to give me a heart attack (and yes, he is a baby).

W0NWILL

I'm not scared of babies, per say, but I hate them. They do absolutely nothing and are just annoying.

But, there is one creature I'm deathly afraid of, and people give me grief for quite a lot.

...Cows scare me beyond almost anything in the world. I don't know why, never have had any traumatic experiences with them, but I'm freakin' terrified of them.