News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

BOOKS!!!

Started by Redwaller, April 19, 2013, 10:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Sorry if there is already a topic for this, but:

Here you discuss of anything concerning books.

So, I got Inheritance today from my library!(in english too!)

And I found one Warriors book, but it's the third.

I also took the first book of the Mismantle Chronicles.

EDIT: I've got a question: Today I saw The 39 Clues, is it a series you'd suggest?

Romsca

The 39 Clues is awesome!!! Yes, I'd definitely suggest it!

Redwaller

Okay, I'll add it to the list.  :)

Ungatt Trunn

My family has like around 750 books overal!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Leatho Shellhound

My family has several thousand books, literally. My dad has a big BIG collection!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

We own tons of books.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Buzz_Bumble

I've got LOTS of books - no idea how many though (there's over 150 Star Wars books for a start). I've kept most of the ones from when I was little and knowing someone who worked at a publisher / distributer meant I got lots of free and cheap books (until they close the warehouse down).

Redwaller

We have a fairly big collection of books. And me, I own about fifty books.

Rusvul

Eep! Wow, the only people who have more books than you guys are talking about are libraries, Elinor, and Mo! Not that a lot of books is a bad thing. I have a collection of a whole bunch of series I like or used to like. I would highly reccomend 39 clues, Inkheart, oh, Deltoraquest is a good series, but a very easy read. There's like fifty books. I own all of them except I think two, and those aren't books from the main series. Oh, and, duh, I recommend Redwall too :P

Redwaller

I'm going to read 39 Clues after a few other series.

And what is the order of those three? Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath.

The Mistmantle Chronicles are awesome! I read the first book in around 4 or 5 hours!

Romsca

Inkheart's first but I don't know the order of the other two

Rusvul

Heart, Spell, Death. In that order. Those words become incredibly important in the 2nd and 3rd books.

Dawnwing

I've got a ton of books.  My shelf in my room is taller than me and full, and I put a tiny two-shelf bookshelf as tall as my knee in my closet and that is also full.  I own nearly the entire Redwall series between regular books and audio, The Hunger Games trilogy, the Harry Potter series, the entire Warriors series (34 books plus 13 graphic novels), the Silverwing trilogy, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, three of the Twilight books, and a ton of other random things.  
When I move out and get my own place (because I don't have enough room in my bedroom), one of the first things I'm going to get is another bookshelf.  Maybe two.  xD

Buzz_Bumble

Yep, I've got a bookcase taller than me that's over-full - all the shelves are triple stacked (two rows of books deep and more horizontally on top of those), plus another two tall bookcases other rooms (although one is mostly magazines), plus two small bookcases, and a pile more books on the shelf in the top of the wardrobe and a couple of big boxes of magazines in another wardrobe.  :)

There's an elderly lady I visit from time to time who has bookshelves lining the hallway in her house all full of old books, mostly hardbacks.

Redwaller

Quote from: Dawnwing on April 23, 2013, 05:10:50 AM
the entire Warriors series (34 books plus 13 graphic novels)
34 books!!! My library has only one!  :o