News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Dragon of Kigen Mountain

Started by Jetthebinturong, December 04, 2013, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

The panda looked up the path to the peak of Kigen Mountain, usually you could just about make out the tip of Zenchi'Koken'nin's tail through the mist, now you could not. Usually you could hear the dragon's claws scratching on the rocks above you, today you could not. Usually you could feel the hot breath of the dragon coming down to you from the path, today you could not. The panda sighed, turned around and walked back down the mountain towards his village.

Shoshin and his fellow questers were about a league away from the base of Kigen Mountain. The squirrel was tall for his species, had pale yellow fur and dark brown eyes that glistened in anticipation, the patriarch of the Chisana-Risu tribe had always loved adventure ever since he was a boy, he was always going off and doing daring things often leaving his tribe longer than a good patriarch should have but they still voted him to lead their tribe. "So" he said, turning to his red panda companion "since we're going to be adventuring together for quite a long time, we may as well get to know each other. So, what's your name and what's your story?"

Meanwhile, a few leagues from the coast of Hakaan, a ship bearing a captain and three passengers made it's way out to sea and the country of Abada....
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Shadefur nightblade

Seizaburo Kodo-San, or just Kodo-San, was practicing his dart throwing skills on tiny square targets, when he heard foot steps behind him and turned to see a tall, sinewy golden tiger walk into the room. "hello, I am Kodo- San, the grand ninja of Hakaan, you may have heard of me." Sang Ho inwardly smiled " no I have not, but I am known as Sang-Ho, let's go find our partner and discuss our mission. He then turned on his heel and walked out on to the deck, followed by Kodo-San.

estar222

Emlei was on deck, and was leaning off the starboard side of the ship, hanging from the ratlines, and enjoying the winds flowing through her fur, sending tingling sensations through her in a most enjoyable fashion.

She was vaguely aware of her comrades in arms coming up on the deck behind her, but she didn't turn around; she wanted to enjoy the breeze a while longer.

She had been crying, too. That wasn't something she wanted them to see. The wind was drying her eyes for her, but they weren't quite done yet. This is what she gets for thinking of Ashiga, the blasted fool. He was a murderer! He was a traitor, and deceiver!

And she loved him.

He was the only man she'd ever have been able to love, and he had betrayed her, and her master.

She turned into the wind a little more, as tears filled her eyes again.

She would not let her fellow ninjas see her crying.
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Shadefur nightblade

Sang Ho called out to the other ninja "Hello, my name is Sang Ho, I am one of your partners, and this is Kodo-San, your other partner. What are you called?" he said.  He hng on to the rail, looking up at the weasel.

estar222

The tears cleared just as the other ninja called to her.

"I am Emlei Kurodasata."

She hopped down, landing agilely, and facing them.

She held out a paw for them to shake.

"It will be an honour serving Great Hakaan with you."
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Shadefur nightblade

Sang Ho accepted the weasel's hand readily and bowed formally. " I am pleased to meet you, Emlei ..." he was cut off before he could finish his sentence by Kodo-San " well, now that we know each other let's get on with business." he said, turning and walking toward the mess hall. He already disliked his colleagues, but then again, he didn't get along with anyone. He opened the door and took a seat at the edge of the table, waiting for the others.

Meanwhile in Abada, the emperor was working hard preparing his troops for war. He had just seen off a large task force to invade the foreign countrys. He was relaxing at his throne when a guard came bursting in. " My lord, you are needed by High General Enlil!" he said, coming to stiff attention. " Alright, lead me to him, fool." he said to the trembling rat. "Yes sir!" the guard said and marched off with the marten in tow. The rat led him to a court yard where the red panda stood yelling at a group of new recruits. " You are the lousiest bunch of layabouts I've ever seen, move your stinking bums!!!!" he roared " Enlil!" the marten said. "yes, my lord?" the general replied. " Why have you called upon me?"

Cornflower MM

OOC: Really umb question: Are the questors on land yet? I can't really tell.

Jetthebinturong

OOC: The questers have always been on land, the ninjas are still at sea though

The Shade

OOC: I take it you were referring  to my character Jet... BIC:

Si-Qon turned to the tall, Japanese squirrel standing along side him. He smiled, many had asked these questions. Only the most trusted had received an answer.

"My name is Si-Qon. It is a pleasure. As for my story, well, hmmm, not much to say for the likes of myself. I haven't been in this land long, I'm a traveler you see..."  his voice trailed off.

"But enough about me, what is your name?" he asked.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jetthebinturong

Shoshin smiled "My name is Shoshin and I am the patriarch of the Chisana-Risu tribe of squirrels" without invitation Shoshin began to explain who the Chisana-Risu were "The Chisana-Risu alongside the Kurai Hana weasels and the Sheng Xiu red pandas, is one of the oldest tribes in Hakaan. The tribes were formed when the three original guardians of Hakaan, Dai-Ni the squirrel, Dai-San the weasel and Di-Yi the red panda fell out. They took mates and decided to settle away from each other thus forming the tribes. The Chisana-Risu and the Kurai Hana have a history of rivalry with each other and the Sheng Xiu cut themselves off from the rest of Hakaan. Speaking of the Sheng Xiu, if you are not one of them, where do you come from and how did you get chosen for this quest?"

Cornflower MM

OOC: Brakinata will make her appearance!! I'm not that good with Japanese things, so I'd appreciate some tips and if I'm wrong, point it out.

BIC: Brakinata heard some beasts talking near her spot. Fearing tigers from her village, she shrank back. Then she heard "and how did you get chosen for this quest?" Her ears perked. She had always liked Adventures!! She decided to follow them.

OOC: Is that alright, Jet?

Jetthebinturong

OOC: It's fine but try to make them longer in future

Cornflower MM

OOC: Alright....*Puts thinking cap on*

The Shade

Si-Qon nodded.

"Yes, I was once in the tribe of Sheng Xiu, pandas like myself. However...I was different. Looking back, I now realize just how I was different; I was a warrior and quester, right from the moment I was born. I didn't get on very well with those the same age as me. I was always different..." he repeated.

"Patriarch of the Chisana-Risa eh? I'm afraid I don't know much about them. Are they good warriors?"
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Cornflower MM

OOC: Are they walking and talking?