An Osu Fanfiction Contest of Hareish Proportions :D (Closed!)

Started by Osu, December 15, 2013, 12:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

_

Entry Placements
_

First Place
Honor's Colours
Leatho Shellhound

Second Place
The Tale of the Blademaster
Jukka the Sling
The Chronicle of Cornspurrey
Captain Tammo

Third Place
The Last of the Long Patrol
Darkenmal

Congratulations, you guys!
Thank you all so much for your interest and participation in my little contest!

If you haven't read all of the entries yet, go do so!

I am shamelessly stealing Leatho's idea and hosting a fanfiction contest! Because I can't write and this fandom needs more hares. And fanfiction. Why do we not have more fanfiction? Anyway, the details:

Starts: December 15th, 2013
Ends: February 15th, 2014

Rules: Entries must meet the following requirements to be eligible:

• Entries must have a minimum of 500 words, and/or a maximum of 3,000 words. You can go under or over the word count requirement by 100 words, anything more than that and it will start to count against you!
  • Stories must be posted on or after the date of 15 December 2013.
  • Stories must be no higher than a "PG" rating.
  • Stories must be posted to this forum to count.
  • When you post your entry, be sure to place at the top of your post that it is (1) an entry for this contest, (2) what the final word count is, and (3) which book(s) you took your main hare character(s) from.

The Goal: ...of this lovely little contest is to write a short story about a hare, or as many hares as you like, from the Redwall series. Pick any hare character from the books and write a story about them. It can be about anything as long as the hare character is the central character.

Judging: ...is based on a point system. The goal is to get 100/100 points to win the contest! Points are broken down as follows:

• 35 points  :  creativity. Is your story something original and interesting?
  • 20 points  :  adherence to canon. Is it something Jacques himself might have written?
  • 20 points  :  you entered. Did you enter the contest? Then you get 20 points! Yaaay!!
  • 15 points  :  follow the rules. Does your story meet the contest rules requirements?
  • 10 points  :  readability. This is for spelling, grammar, format, etc.

Prizes: Wish I had something more substantial to offer y'all, but...

• First Place  :  I will draw you three pictures -- they can be anything you like. I can also try writing you a story as well, but I warn you I'm not too hot at the authoring thing. I can also make you an icon that moves a little, depending on what the movement is~
  • Second Place :  I will draw you two pictures of anything you like, it can be from your fic, related to Redwall, or completely unrelated to Redwall entirely.
  • Third Place  :  I will draw you a picture of anything you like, it can be from your fic, related to Redwall, or completely unrelated to Redwall entirely.
  • Additionally, every entry will get a sketch of whatever they want (if they like.) So in a way, everybody wins! *throws glitter* These are rendered upon request after your story has been posted in whole or in part. Just let me know what you'd like~ <3

I'm open to extending the finish date, but I think I'm just going to wait and see if there are any entries to begin with before I worry about that. XD Questions, comments? Post away!

Entries:
The Story of Corporal Rubadub by Gonff the Mousethief
Captain Cuthbert's Ramblings by Redwaller
The Last of the Long Patrol by Darkenmal
The Chronicle of Cornspurrey by Captain Tammo
Honor's Colours by Leatho Shellhound
The Tale of the Blademaster by Jukka the Sling
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwaller

I'll join!

Although I might not have much time to write.  :P

But it sounds real fun!

Captain Tammo

I'm in!!! I bet you'll never guess who mine will be about ;)

I WANT THOSE PICTURES!! Lol
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Leatho Shellhound

Yay! I love it when people use my ideas! My writing has gotten a little better (Thanks to this forum!) So I might try to get some thing that's legible (My dyslexia doesn't help).

Long Patrol here I come!

Edit:

I wanted to write mine on Tammo and Pasque (My favorite hare couple) after the book The Long Patrol takes place.  Is that okay with you, Captain Tammo? B/c I have a feeling you want to write it on that same topic.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

I already have a small part written.  :P

Mine will be about Captain Cuthbert Frunk W. Bloodpaw.  ;)

Gonff the Mousethief

can I join? I would really like to :) mine is going to be about how corporal rubadub went all drummy
where do i post it?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on December 15, 2013, 03:37:38 AM
Edit:

I wanted to write mine on Tammo and Pasque (My favorite hare couple) after the book The Long Patrol takes place.  Is that okay with you, Captain Tammo? B/c I have a feeling you want to write it on that same topic.

Not a problem at all buddy ;) Brian wrote these stories for more than just one of us to enjoy and expand upon!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Redwaller

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Leatho Shellhound

Wow ^^ I haven't even started my planning.

I think I'm going to re-read the Long Patrol before I start.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Osu

Wow, Gonff, that was fast, and you, too, Redwaller! :D Everybody, thanks for entering! I'm excited to see what you all come up with!

Those of you who have already started posting your stories, if you want the sketches that come with entering, just let me know~ :)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Brinty

I am thinking about joining, but I'm not sure what character to write on..
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.