News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Pomp and Circumstance

Started by Osu, January 08, 2014, 12:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

I have had an awesome idea for a roleplay: Salamandastron's annual regimental ball and banquet! All of the hares who live at the mountain dress up to the point of peacockery and have a grand old posh time until somebody starts a food fight and a whole table of hares get their shoelaces tied together and... and you get the point. As many shenanigans as we can think of!

I'm going to enforce some stipulations for this one, partly to see how it goes, and partly to intentionally slow things down because I'm slower than a glacier rolling uphill.

Every post must have a minimum of 200 words.
    All characters must be hares.
    All characters of rank participating must fit into one of the available stations (see below).
    No OOC commentary in the thread itself, that must occur in this thread or over PM.
    Please just one character per player for now or I'll never be able to catch up.
    Character profiles should include (at minimum): name, age, gender, personality.

The following character types are allowed -- feel free to claim one and fill out the profile however you like! Note your character doesn't HAVE to be one of these, this is just to make sure we don't end up playing with three badger lords, fourteen colonels, and two recruits. ;)

Badger Lord = taken
General OR Brigadier = not available
Colonel = taken
Major = taken
Captain = taken
Lieutenant = 2 available
Cadets = unlimited
Sergeants = 2 available
Corporals = unlimited
Enlistees = unlimited
Hares that live at the mountain but aren't in the Patrol = unlimited

I'll be flexible on some of the rules if you guys think they're kinda "out there." We can start whenever we get enough interested players.

Characters
Lord Hedgewood (Miss Rainbowsocks)
Col. Streampaw (Ungatt Tunn)
Maj. Clara (Rainshadow)
Capt. Ayla (Tiria Wildlough)
Capt. Wilhelm (Leatho Shellhound)
L. Corp. Everard (Osu)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Rainshadow

Alright!  An RP with a 200 word minimum!  (Sorry, I just get lost when there's a bunch of people and they all post rapidly, using one or two sentences.  I enjoy having longer, more deep and detailed posts.  ;))  Um, could I possibly play a major?  (And, having not read any of the books featuring the Long Patrol for quite some time, I don't really remember if there are only male majors in the books.  There can be female, correct?)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Ungatt Trunn

This sounds fun! I think I'll join. Think I can be a Colonel?

EDIT: Hey, is it just me, or does the title of this RP a Pride And Prejudice refrence? ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Leatho Shellhound

hmm, sounds cool,  :)

Just wondering, do you think that my posting is good enough for some thing like this Osu?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

@Ungatt:  Pomp and Circumstance is actually an orchestra piece that's played at many a graduation ceremony.  ;)

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Miss RainbowSocks

Hey, if nobody minds me sticking my nose in here, I would like to join! May I be a badger lord?

Cornflower MM

Sorry! It looks fun, but I very highly doubt that I'd be able to do 200 words per post, and I'm rather impatient.

Ungatt Trunn

Osu

Yay! I wasn't sure I'd get many bites with the rules. *excited excited*

Rainshadow - yep, a female major is fine with me. I'm sure there was one mentioned in one of the later books... Rakkety Tam, I think?... anyway, that's cool. The rank is yours!

Ungatt - sure thing, colonel's yours!

Leatho - yes, I do. Two hundred words isn't all that much, especially once we get going, and you're pretty good at all the other RP things, so I don't know what all you'd struggle with, if at all. (<-- Longest sentence ever?) If you ever have questions or anything, though, you can always comment in the OOC thread and we'll all figure it out one way or another. :)

Rainbowsocks - sure! The badger lord is yours.

Cornflower -- haha that's okay, I used to be like that, too. ;D

Everybody - go ahead and post your character profiles, I'll get the OP updated. Since there are two officers I'm going to go ahead and change what's left of the others from here on out.

Miss RainbowSocks

Alright, thanks! Here is my character sheet!

Name: Hedgewood

Age: (the age problem bothers me, but I'll give it in human years) 35

Personality: Hedgewood is as jolly as a beast could possibly be. His constant sense of humor, and his never-ceasing smile, give the effect of a clown. The badger is also known for his appetite. If possible, he could eat the whole larder of Salamandastron, and probably still have room for dessert. However, he can be a little bit absent-minded at times, especially when he's drunken one to many glasses of wine. This adds to his atmosphere of a circus clown, and is the source of much laughter. He loves to sing old ditties, and can play a special instrument he made himself, which he calls a Badger Pipe. It is thin and short, but has thousands of little holes of varying sizes, and some say it can play every note possible. Anyways, the Badger Pipe has a beautiful tone and goes very well with other instruments. Aside from being jolly, in times of serious business, none is more mature or focused than Hedgewood. He is the ultimate military man, and fights like an angry bull in a china shop. However, like I stated before, the badger is absent minded and not the sharpest tool in the shed, so therefore depends on his generals and colonels for smarts and strategies.

Appearance: Hedgewood is what one would call 'pleasantly plump'. Scratch that, he looks like a hippopotamus with a gland problem. This would add to his ferocity in battle, because he knows how to use his weight as an advantage. Furthermore, his eyes are a very strange color. His right eye is bright green and his left eye is stunning blue. People find it hard to look at him straight in the eye because of it. Aside from this, he looks just like a regular badger; mighty, battle-worn, and HUGE. He does not care to much for fashion, and so wears a plain green tunic with a brown belt and a large, red cloak. Like many badgers, Lord Hedgewood has a signature weapon. This would be a huge bow accompanied with thick, long arrows. The bow is a dark maroon color, and is engraved with pictures of battle. The arrows are also dark maroon, and the tips are said to be made of razor sharp, well-tempered iron. Hedgewood rarely misses.

Finished! :D

Ungatt Trunn

Alright, here's my character:

Name: Streampaw

Personality: Streampaw is one of the more reserved hare at Salamandastron. He always makes sure that all hares under his command are clean and spotless in everything they do. He has a nice, smooth voice, which is rather "clear" for a hair. He never raises his voice. Even though he may be rather reserved, if given the chance, he can be very playful and excitable. Though, this is only possible is something really wild happens. He can play the fiddle some, though he never shows off this talent.

Appearance: He has a face that matches his age. His fur color is sort-of a tanned brown sandy color. He usually wears a blue jerkin and a kilt. He has a long rapier as a weapon slashed through his belt (though, I might not use this in the story)

On a side note, Osu, do you know of a list that ranks all of the ranks in this RP from highest to lowest or vice versa? I'd like to know who ranks higher than who and whatnot. I'm not very fluent in matters of rank.

Osu

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 09, 2014, 07:58:37 PM
On a side note, Osu, do you know of a list that ranks all of the ranks in this RP from highest to lowest or vice versa? I'd like to know who ranks higher than who and whatnot. I'm not very fluent in matters of rank.
Great character! Ranks from highest to lowest per this RP: General, Brigadier, Colonel, Major, Captain, Lieutenant, Cadet, Master Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Sergeant, Corporal, Lancejack, Private.

Oh, I forgot to put sergeants as an option in the OP. *fixes* If you're interested, this is a good reference for British military ranks and such.

Quote from: Miss RainbowSocks on January 09, 2014, 06:48:45 PMHedgewood is what one would call 'pleasantly plump'. Scratch that, he looks like a hippopotamus with a gland problem. (Will add more later.)
I laughed so hard at this! :'D

Miss RainbowSocks

Osu

He looks great, Rainbow!

I think I'll wait a bit before I make a character, in case one is needed for something specific. As far as the RP goes, does anybody have any ballroom shenanigan ideas? Best I can come up with is dibbuns crashing the party or something, which isn't much. You guys?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Osu on January 10, 2014, 04:35:25 PM
I think I'll wait a bit before I make a character, in case one is needed for something specific. As far as the RP goes, does anybody have any ballroom shenanigan ideas? Best I can come up with is dibbuns crashing the party or something, which isn't much. You guys?

Sorry, but all I'm picturing is a massive food fight.  :P