News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders IX

Started by Rusvul, July 01, 2014, 03:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

You all find yourselves pulled away from your daily tasks, dissolved mid-step, and you materialize in the middle of a large black room. Below you is a black mesh floor, thick plates of metal overlapping each other seamlessly. The room is pentagonal, with tall blue swirling lights in each corner. The top point of the pentagon holds a black metal chair, and it faces away from you. Slowly, the chair swivels, and you are greeted by a black fox in a blue-and-black cybernetic uniform.

Hello, welcome to round nine of Overlord's Orders. I will be your Overlord on this flight, and *Ahem* You will obey me without question, failure to do so may result in your being thrown out of an airlock, vaporized, or slowly dissolved by nanites. Moving on!

The rules are as follows.

QuoteThe Rules
We will have an overlord (or overlady), who will be all powerful and control the game.
Everyone else will be a servant of theirs to do his or her bidding, which will be a new assignment at the beginning of each round.
The game begins by the Overlord issuing a task, sending out their servants, and then summoning everyone before them and questioning them about whether they got the thing they wanted.
Any given round may have anywhere from a developing storyline and plot to pure and simple tasking. At times, the gamemaster (Overlord) may deviate from the general pattern and do something different at the end than just another task.

Example Round:
Let’s say the Overlord might have wanted a jeep to use.
Stage 1: Introduction
The Overlord sends out their servants on a task and they return, and the Overlord will question their servants and ask them why they failed to bring them the thing they wanted (which will invariable happen, no one ever succeeds).
Stage 2: Defenses
Players can then blame their failure on some random thing (like maybe an elephant destroying the jeep) or someone else in the game; anything to shrug themselves off from fault.
Everyone can then blame someone, themselves, keep silent, or introduce some sort of new feature that happened while acquiring the item (in this case, a jeep). Eventually, the Overlord will process the information and decide who failed, or might just get tired of the arguing and randomly select someone at random.
Stage 3: Punishment
The person chosen to have failed by the Overlord is then thrown out, vaporized, or something creative, by the Overlord’s orders. The idea is to not be this person, and to survive as long as possible.

Likely, the Overlord will be choosing the best defenses as survivors.

Inter-game rules: The winner of any round is given hostship of the next game. This can tie in with them going from servant to overlord, or it can be original.

General Guidelines:
Free roleplaying, or game spam, is fine. This means having yourself eat a banana, talk about the weather or river dance.

Whenever someone says something, it becomes fact. It is what happened. If someone says an elephant destroyed a jeep, then anyone calling that person a liar is for certain lying; the jeep was destroyed by an elephant. What's up for telling for someone else is, for example, who set the elephant on the jeep.

Godmoding pertaining to persons should be restricted to some extent, just try to keep things with at least a hand in plausibility. Powerplaying is allowed. However, it cannot affect players between tasks. For instance, you cannot have a servants contract a disease and be unable to speak, or even die. You can have them be sick during the task, but you cannot impede them during the Sessions before the Overlord.

Normally, the Gamemaster will have technology restricting servants to a base during the game to prevent physically roleplaying and keep the game focused on its purpose. Overlords can powerplay.
Also, you cannot use an excuse like being brainwashed or cloned during the task. You are you-and you are responsible for what you did wrong.
Remember to keep things civil, stay inside the board rules, keep all hands and legs inside the game until it comes to a complete stop.

Now, in that console over there, you can find logs of the previous rounds. Hah, look at those pathetic little creatures. Trust me, if you fail as badly as they did, the nanites are too kind a fate for you... (In other words- as in, ones that make sense- If you've never played before, you should probably read one of the earlier rounds to get a feel for how the game works.)

Overlords Order's I 1
Overlord's Orders II
Overlord's Orders III
Overlord's Orders IV
Overlord's Orders V
Overlord's Orders VI
Special Holiday Round 2012
Overlord's Orders VII
Overlord's Orders VIII

You have all been equipped with small radiowave emitter an reciever implants. You can use these to communicate telepathically with any other implanted creatures nearby. Don't worry, these implants have only shown a limited tendency to explode... Er, as long as you stay away from most types of irradiation. Don't rub your face on the plasma conduits, in other words. Anyway, do not hesitate to ask me any questions you may have, these implants make communication easy, as long as we're all on the ship. (Don't hesitate to PM me questions.)

So, I've got a series of missions lined up for you. Unlike Overlords of days past, I won't send you on petty, arbitrary errands. No, these are at least partially relevant... Far more than that, for you, at least. Remember, the acid nanites don't like you unless I tell them to. I need eight people for these missions, ideally, although if you're all eager or shy, more or less could do, I suppose. Any of you who fail to comply will be transported home immediately, providing the teleporters don't mess up again... Personally, I wouldn't take my chances, but if you're that opposed to serving me, the option is open to you.

Oh, and if you do accept my mission, but you fall asleep on me? Your fate is worse than the fate that's worse than the nanites. I can't stand people who sleep on the job. (Don't go inactive, please! Inactivity is likely to get you disqualified, as it holds up the game for way too long. As much fun as the first rounds were, the later rounds of Overlord's Orders VIII are a good example of this. ;))

1. Cornflower MM
2. Leatho Shellhound
3. James Gryphon
4. Taggerung_Of_Redwall
5. Tam and Martin
6. DanielofRedwall

(Sign-ups now open! Deadline is most likely July 6, more information on the exact time will be posted before then.)

Cornflower MM

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Cornflower MM

Rusvul

Egg roll reversal, almost... :P

Fixed. Your name is correct, correct name is your.

Cornflower MM

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'm up for a new game!

Also, there's the updated rules that sort of started at Round VI but ended up only being posted again half the time that I'd recommend editing in to the first post. They're not only clearer but mention a couple new items we encountered through the rounds.  :)
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Rusvul

Rules updated, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I had missed some of the smaller details, and mistaken this rule set for the newer one :)

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

DanielofRedwall

...Sure, why not. Add me in.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Rusvul

Sign-ups closing tomorrow (July 6) at 6:00 US Central time, or whenever after that I get around to posting. (Don't count on any extra time.)

Cornflower MM

So sign ups are closed now?

Rusvul

Rusvul

The round will be starting sometime today.