News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Do you think it's possible to implement hexadecimal colour codes instead of (or in addition to) the colour system we have already?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

Well, technically, you can already use hex codes, you just have to roll them yourself instead of having an automatic picker:

#A958D8

A color-picker is a good idea, though, and I'll try to find a mod that provides that kind of functionality.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

Oooooh!

I tried it without the hashtag before I asked the question. That's cool. I wanted them for something specific that I plan to do sometime so I do know the codes I need.

Regardless, a colour picker would be cool.

Jetthebinturong

Sorry for double posting, but something really weird is going on with the layout of the forum. I'll get some screenshots.
Spoiler

[close]

Does anyone have any idea what's going on or how to fix it? I think my posting interface has gone wrong too, but that's not as bad, it's just moved everything from the centre to the left.

James Gryphon

It was a bug in the new CSS that I wasn't aware of (it didn't show up in Safari, even after I refreshed it).

The old CSS has been uploaded, and'll be there until I can figure out what's going on. In the meantime, I'm going to do what I should have done in the first place and create a new theme for my experiment, instead of subjecting y'all to all of my "quick changes" before they're ready for prime-time. This'll also mind me to be careful to check my work in multiple browsers before it's done, since not everything'll display to other people like it does in my copy of Safari.
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

Oh, so that's what was wrong.

And that's nice, thanks.

James Gryphon

The shoutbox is gone, at least for the time being.

That said, I intend to look into immediately bringing in some new features to help mitigate this loss. For example, I might look into bringing back a certain post-drafting feature, to save posts-in-progress that were accidentally closed out of, which seemed to be mutually exclusive with the box.

It's struck me that the current two-theme setup, with Experimental and Core, is something of a hassle if I intend to install new mods. Therefore, I mean to look into finding a way to integrate the multi-background/color functionality into Core (as an option), without having to have a completely separate theme to do this.

More news will come ASAP as I get new inspiration and talk to Matthias.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

That draft saving thing seems like a good addition; it's always unfortunate to lose posts.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Is there any way to turn off the 'All' option next to the list of numbers? I keep accidently clicking it when I'm trying to open the newest page on a thread, and I have to scroll through hundreds of past posts, which isn't fun. :P

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

I like it when you're actually in the topic, but not when you're on the board, for the same reason.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

Is there any way to change your username? I just joined today and i spelt my name wrong :(

James Gryphon

Do you want it without the I?
« Subject to editing »

Rosie Willowwater

Yes, It was supposed to be Rosie Willowwater.

James Gryphon

I'll change it for you; you will have to reset your password, though.
« Subject to editing »

Rosie Willowwater