Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on June 14, 2016, 11:58:51 PM

Is there any way to turn off the 'All' option next to the list of numbers? I keep accidently clicking it when I'm trying to open the newest page on a thread, and I have to scroll through hundreds of past posts, which isn't fun. :P

?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Søren

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on June 15, 2016, 09:47:04 PM
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on June 14, 2016, 11:58:51 PM

Is there any way to turn off the 'All' option next to the list of numbers? I keep accidently clicking it when I'm trying to open the newest page on a thread, and I have to scroll through hundreds of past posts, which isn't fun. :P

?
@LT Sandpaw There is a "Go Down" button at the top of the page that bumps you straight to the bottem.

I'm retired from the forum

Rosie Willowwater

What is the most effective way to share photos in a post?

Hickory

Well, you use the image tags

[.img][./img]

(without the periods)

And then you copy and paste the image address into the space between.

Don't forget that it has to be the image address. Just the image won't work.

Also, if you're uploading a saved image you'll want to use a hosting service too. Imgur, Photobucket, postimage.org. All are viable ways of uploading.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions just ask.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rosie Willowwater

What do you mean by a saved image?

Hickory

An image that you took yourself. For example, if I had a picture of my dog on my phone that I wanted to post, then I'd upload it to a site. (some sites, like Imgur, require for you to make an account, but others, like postimage, don't.)

The site will give you a menu that allows you to pick an image, the size (should you want it to change) and sometimes family-friendly or NSFW. It's pretty easy to learn your way around.

A word of caution: Sites like Imgur are prone to being a popular hosting sites for Reddit users, which usually means inappropriate content.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rosie Willowwater

James Gryphon

Everything Sage said is correct, and adequately describes the traditional way of uploading images. Now that we're on the new forum, it's also worth mentioning that if the image is on your hard drive, I believe you could also post it up here as an attachment (provided that it's smaller than 192 kilobytes).
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Quote from: Sagetip on June 16, 2016, 12:13:14 AM
And then you copy and paste the image address into the space between.

Don't forget that it has to be the image address. Just the image won't work.
It depends on where you get the picture. If I'm using Google images, I need to use the image address. If I'm trying to upload stuff from my Photobucket, however, I need to copy the image.
My recommendation is to test if it works by using the "preview" option.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Fatch of Southsward

Ok, so I started an RP game, and for the eighth player slot it's showing up like this:
6)
7)
8)
9)
Is there  way to make it not show up as the face?
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Jetthebinturong

You could put a space between the 8 and the bracket.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Or a period, or really anything that breaks up the smiley code. (Is that the term?)

Fatch of Southsward

~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Søren

@Fatch of Southsward Or, you can click the drop down "Attachments and Other Options" from the reply screen, and select "Don't use smileys". They then appear as 8)

I'm retired from the forum