Funniest Redwall moment

Started by Captain Tammo, July 01, 2011, 01:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Quote from: Banya on January 27, 2015, 06:34:46 PM
I love the moment not too far into Martin the Warrior when Keyla and Rose are singing to each other and as the vermin guard approaches, Keyla sings a song about maladies that he invents on the spot, and the vermin take him seriously. They argue with each other about the names of the ailments and try to recreate the song.  Even Keyla laughs aloud.
"I knew a fine big strong hedgehog long ago, he laughed at flurgy twinj.  Poor creature, he never laughed again!"

Yes, I like that part :D I think there's even a forum member called flurgy twinj, which is cool.

Vermin 1: From flurgy paws and grungy tummy, spirit keep us free. Wobby whiskers an' da de dah...
Vermin 2: Da de dah yerself, boulder bottom. They're not the right words!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Banya

Quote from: Skyblade on January 28, 2015, 04:17:12 AM
Quote from: Banya on January 27, 2015, 06:34:46 PM
I love the moment not too far into Martin the Warrior when Keyla and Rose are singing to each other and as the vermin guard approaches, Keyla sings a song about maladies that he invents on the spot, and the vermin take him seriously. They argue with each other about the names of the ailments and try to recreate the song.  Even Keyla laughs aloud.
"I knew a fine big strong hedgehog long ago, he laughed at flurgy twinj.  Poor creature, he never laughed again!"

Yes, I like that part :D I think there's even a forum member called flurgy twinj, which is cool.

Vermin 1: From flurgy paws and grungy tummy, spirit keep us free. Wobby whiskers an' da de dah...
Vermin 2: Da de dah yerself, boulder bottom. They're not the right words!

You're right, there is someone called Flurgy Twinj.  That's hilarious. 
You've got me laughing at this scene all over again.

Wot, wot!

:D there are so many funny moments  ;)

loved this one...

"Oh, corks. Do I have to climb up that great swayin' thing an' fold all those windy old bedsheets? Do I really, sir?"
  Rawnblade pointed a stern paw to the topmast. "Up, Woodsorrel, up!"
-Mariel of Redwall (Rawnblade to Tarquin L. Woodsorrel :D)

"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Hickory

Log a Log whipped out his rapier and pointed it at the stairs leading down to Cavern Hole. He yelled urgently, "A big rat with a bag of strawberries just ran down there! We can't 'ave that, can we? Get 'im!"
Whooping and roaring, the Dibbuns tore off in pursuit of the imaginary villain.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Oooh, that one part where the Dibbuns were on the wall and were throwing vegetables and stuff at the ones below to keep them off. (The picture for the chapter was great too.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ungatt Trunn

It's been a little while since I read any Redwall book (since I've been reading LotR and Crime And Punishment recently), so I honestly can't remember any funny moment in Redwall that well  :-\

Life is too short to rush through it.

Eulaliaaa!

Oh, I forgot what book it was from (Mariel of Redwall, maybe), but there was a band of rats attacking Redwall and dibbuns (Grubb, Bagg, and Runn I think) and they stole knives from the kitchens. They were chopping the grappling hooks that rats were throwing over the side of the walls while the Redwallers were busy attacking the rats from the other side.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Child murderers. . . Or would it be "murderer children"?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

Murderous children, I think. I'm pretty sure they didn't know the death and destruction that they were causing, I doubt they would have killed the rats if they knew.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Mhera

Can you really call them murderers anyway? Murder is unlawful killing, and since those varmints were invading the abbey with the intent to kill then their deaths were well deserved.

The Skarzs

Self defense, then.

I don't think that they would have been allowed to know that they were responsible for the deaths of quite a few creatures; would have scarred their minds, methinks.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

Self-defending children it is. It would have traumatized them, knowing they had actually killed other creatures. They thought it was all a game.

Wot, wot!

warrior Dibbuns  ;D

This one made me laugh too  ;)...

"Figgs followed Rosie about, throwing her paws in the air and repeating over and over, "Lack a day, no tucker's left, lack a day!" -The Bellmaker  :D
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Hickory

Raventail took a pace back, executing a scornful bow.
"Woah, Bigmagic fox be cleverer much much, scyoosee me!"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

rrrrr

Abbess Lycian's teapot over the Abbey wall ::)
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.