News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Epic of The Golden Tomb

Started by Unimaginative, September 23, 2014, 10:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

OOC: Sorry, I didn't explain fully. You sign up in the OOC topic in the OOC section, and make a character. My bad, sorry mate.

Jasper, I'm with you, we need to move forward. I'll help move along when I have some more time.

BIC: "Arya, are you going to stop gossiping with yer friend and start searching, or are yeh going to stand there forever?"
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Delthion

Overhearing Garin speaking impatiently to Arya and Saerilla, Oroinath got up, stretched briefly; examined his tree which he had carved. And proceeded over to where they were standing.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

"Garin, you can either wait for to finish my conversation, or you can count me out.. Which is it to be?!" Arya called back, wrinkling her nose. "Well, Saerilla, I suppose since Mr. Fusspots over there is getting impatient, I should go. Are you, by any chance interested in the Golden Tomb? If so, I say you're welcome to join us, and if Garin doesn't like it, we can split off on our own." Arya said with a smile to her fellow squirrel, before waiting for a reply.

Dannflower Reguba

Saerilla was staring at the map in bewilderment, recounting the happenings of that day. She had gone back to the inn like normal, and a smashed mug was not un-common, but then there were these beast discussing the Golden Tomb, then the fire that seemed way too out of place to be anything other than arson..... And now this..... Rusty the rat, of all beasts, gave her a map that was supposed to lead to the tomb. She felt un-settled, completely forgetting any of the panic she had before, "Why me?" As the whispered words died on her lips, she remembered that Arya was still standing next to her, "Hmm? Oh! Sorry, I just got lost in thought." She paused again, but this time she was contemplating what she thought of the offer. After a short few moments, she rolled the map up and held it out to the kindly conversant, "I don't think I'll be joining you, at least not right now. I memorized enough of the map to draw up a sketch of the way there in case I should follow later on... As of right now though, I've got some things on my mind." She gave one last warm smile accompanied with a slight nod before turning. As if struck by an after thought, she poke over her shoulder, "I'm sure that either way, well meet again, best of luck to you!"

She sighed, a good friend was hard to find, and this Arya certainly seemed like a potential good friend... But good friends don't matter if evil is furthered by ones actions. Saerilla sketched out the small portion of the map that she would need while the memory was fresh. The fire burned in her mind, the aroma of the rat lingered in her nose, and the questions raised bounced around like so many drops of water on a hot pan... The most prominent being Rusty.... It didn't make any sense, he was a known dirtbag, but his past was clouded enough that he could very well have been telling the full truth... Then again what was known of him suggested that he, more likely than not, had something hiding up his sleeve... And that was what worried her, "Do be careful Arya, I may have just sent you to the very edge of Dark Forest."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Arya smiled. "Alright, Seearilla. Thank ye, and good luck to you, too!" The squirrel was happy she would see the other maid, since Searilla seemed like she could be a wonderful friend. You never could tell, but Searilla didn't seem like the type to get friendly with a beast, then slip a dagger between their ribs. She mused on this as she walked over to Garin, nearly tripping over a small hole.

Delthion

Oroinath felt rather out of place, he had accidentally annoyed Arya, and Saerilla looked as if she wanted to be left alone for a time. Garin was too sly to be around for more than a minute or two, he could make you say something unintentionally and live to regret it, he would have to be wary of him. He paced back and forth for a time, still wondering what to do, eventually he decided just to stand near the group. He was hoping that they would set off soon, but judging from the length of the conversations that had just taken place, he thought that they could still be here for quite some time.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jasper

OOC: Yikes! We nearly let this RP die off! would anyone else second leaving the Inn or otherwise getting the story moving before the story really does die? Unfortunately I've heard strange rumors that Corn quit, so I'm not sure how many members we still have to keep the story alive...

Izeroth

OOC: Perhaps we could have Corn's character be injured somehow, and thus not be able to come with us?

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Corn's back, so we can keep going. I'm going to have to wait awhile before moving my character again, but when I do, and when you guys start getting into your journey...... Well, let's just say Jasper and I had a little, "talk."  ;D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gwen A. Mouse

((OOC: Yay, Corn's back!! But oh man, a "talk" doesn't sound like it will bode well for our characters. ;D Oh, and super minor auto on Foelin.))

Well, as the grumpy possum didn't seem to be paying any more attention to Emilaya, she decided to move on to a more interesting scene- namely, the spot where Rusty the rat handed a map to Saerilla. Then, as Arya rejoined her compatriots, Em sauntered up to the group, thumbs hooked into her belt.

"Good morning. Quite an exciting day, don't you think? Now, I couldn't help but overhear some mentions of a certain...historical site, shall we say. The journey there would provide adventure enough to entertain a roguish riverdog such as myself, I'm sure. So if you don't mind, I'd like to join you."
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Cornflower MM

Arya looked at Garin, hesitating before replying. "Well, we'd need to talk things over. It's Garin's call, so I'm just going to slip over here with that other chap. . . . " Arya said, indeed slipping away towards Oroinath.

Delthion

Onoirath saw Arya walking over towards him and was rather surprised. He had anticipated that she would be the least likely to do so, he pretended that he didn't notice her though and kept pacing: Wondering what the otter that had just appeared was going to do.

Cornflower MM

"Hey, you. What's your name again?" Arya asked the pacing squirrel. She knew he'd seen her. Arya idly wondered what his problem was, but decided she'd figure it out later.

Delthion

"I am called Onoirath." said Onoirath uneasily, he still wasn't sure what to expect of the squirrel. "What is yours?" he said at last.

Cornflower MM

"Well, Onoirath, I am Arya Brushtail. I believe I owe you an apology for snapping at you earlier." Aryta said, with a polite dip of her head. She figured that since she was apparantly going questing with him, she'd better apologize.