News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

::)

As if people don't have enough bureaucracy in their lives.
« Subject to editing »

Feles

So I found another Redwall forum...
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Feles

The Long Patrol Forums
http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/index.php
Its dead now unfortunately.
I am Bobracha!

James Gryphon

Yeah, that one's been around for quite a while. It was functionally dead by the time the RAF came around in June '11.
« Subject to editing »

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Feles

Going through that old forum is kinda sad...
I am Bobracha!

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Maudie on January 11, 2017, 11:11:00 PM
Bilbo is so sassy...

So like this?

And dang, the newest thread on that forum is pretty touching. Kinda seems that that could
Be the fate of this place.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Feles

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 12, 2017, 12:10:27 AM
And dang, the newest thread on that forum is pretty touching. Kinda seems that that could
I fear that outcome.
I am Bobracha!

Søren

Quote from: Inquisitor on January 12, 2017, 12:42:00 AM
I fear that outcome.
-Storytime with Søren-

Gonff sits idly, not think about much. Seven years have passed since he last visited Loamhedge. "Surely", he thought as the virtual abbey crossed his kind for the first time in years, "surely there's nothing left. It's been so long..." He pulls out his phone from his pocket, which takes him to the old website. "Who's online?" he reads. "1 User, psybox; 12 guests". He scrolls through and finds his old board, a popular favorite "The Front Lawns".
He starts to type as he creates a new topic: "It's been so long...
I've graduated college a year ago and am now a successful novelist. I was on this forum long ago as Gonff the Mousethief. I didn't know this place still existed! Has anyone else been on lately?"
3 weeks later, replies come in. Slowly at first, but ever so steadily. Skarzs leaves a hello, relating how he now is a professional blacksmith and specializes in custom built replica weapons from book series's. He says how it all started with Martin the Warrior's sword. He's also married Faiyloe. Galli pops in to say how her illustrating career took to new heights, and she now is a graphic designer at a major firm. Søren stops by to relate how he has faired, and how he's teaching his own children about Redwall and has gifted them with his collection. James returns, tweaks something in the themes, and posts how he is now a software developer for Apple. Even Peony logs on to tell of her new dancing stardom. Maudie, Peri, Sky, Banya, Eul, Jet, Rrrrr, Alexander, Inquisitor, Kit and everyone else stops in to leave their message about where their lives are headed from here on. Gonff is filled with warm happiness as he rekindles the spark of the old forum.
4 years later, it's going strong again. James still is managing the forum, although with more difficulty ow that a new generation of Redwall readers have taken over: the children of the original member of the Loamhedge Abbey Forum, who stay, read and discuss the books that brought it all together so many years ago.

I'm retired from the forum

alexandre

Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Feles

Quote"Who's online?" he reads. "1 User, psybox; 12 guests".

* Inquisitor snorts

btw, I love the story.
I am Bobracha!

Chipster of Noonvale

Quote from: Søren on January 12, 2017, 02:05:35 AM
Quote from: Inquisitor on January 12, 2017, 12:42:00 AM
I fear that outcome.
-Storytime with Søren-

Gonff sits idly, not think about much. Seven years have passed since he last visited Loamhedge. "Surely", he thought as the virtual abbey crossed his kind for the first time in years, "surely there's nothing left. It's been so long..." He pulls out his phone from his pocket, which takes him to the old website. "Who's online?" he reads. "1 User, psybox; 12 guests". He scrolls through and finds his old board, a popular favorite "The Front Lawns".
He starts to type as he creates a new topic: "It's been so long...
I've graduated college a year ago and am now a successful novelist. I was on this forum long ago as Gonff the Mousethief. I didn't know this place still existed! Has anyone else been on lately?"
3 weeks later, replies come in. Slowly at first, but ever so steadily. Skarzs leaves a hello, relating how he now is a professional blacksmith and specializes in custom built replica weapons from book series's. He says how it all started with Martin the Warrior's sword. He's also married Faiyloe. Galli pops in to say how her illustrating career took to new heights, and she now is a graphic designer at a major firm. Søren stops by to relate how he has faired, and how he's teaching his own children about Redwall and has gifted them with his collection. James returns, tweaks something in the themes, and posts how he is now a software developer for Apple. Even Peony logs on to tell of her new dancing stardom. Maudie, Peri, Sky, Banya, Eul, Jet, Rrrrr, Alexander, Inquisitor, Kit and everyone else stops in to leave their message about where their lives are headed from here on. Gonff is filled with warm happiness as he rekindles the spark of the old forum.
4 years later, it's going strong again. James still is managing the forum, although with more difficulty ow that a new generation of Redwall readers have taken over: the children of the original member of the Loamhedge Abbey Forum, who stay, read and discuss the books that brought it all together so many years ago.
AMAZING.

Grond

Quote from: Inquisitor on January 11, 2017, 08:50:07 PM
The Long Patrol Forums
http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/index.php
Its dead now unfortunately.

Yeah that site's last glory days were in the mid 2000s, its been dead many years now, I was kinda active on there back then.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Jet the binturong on January 11, 2017, 12:12:22 AM
... So I just found out about Home-Owners Associations... what? Are they a real thing? How stupidly authoritarian are they usually? And can you tell them to stuff it without ramifications?

"Neighbourhood values." What a ridiculous concept.
Yup. You pay someone to provide no useful services at all, and to tell you what to do. And it's pretty much impossible to reverse their decisions, so don't even try.

Wait, that's called the EPA (and government in general).

I really think HOA's should be illegal, but... :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.