A Winter to Freeze Your Heart part 2

Started by Unimaginative, February 10, 2014, 06:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

OOC: Hi there Oakpaw Did you make a character? Also when Talking as your self and not as your character you should type OOC (Out Of Character) and when you are done talking and would like to go back to your character you Type BIC (Back In Character). 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 12, 2014, 11:19:03 PM
OOC: And how the heck did they know it was a ruse? Vermin are superstitious, many of the strongest were brought down by there belief in ghosts and such like, there's absolutely no way they could have known. This just doesn't seem like fair RP'ing.
OOC: Jantar isn't superstitious, and Raphael just does what she tells him to do. Also Grund being stabbed made Jantar suspect something was up. And it was my character that got killed, and I'm not gonna kill Bryant, he can get away easily. 

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 13, 2014, 02:12:10 AM
OOC: Remember it was the sear. Sears are either very superstitious (If they really have the gift) Or not at all and are just good actors. If that is the case I think Jantar was clever enough to figure it out. The others however are not and even if Jantar tries to convince them otherwise they will still be scared out of there whits.  Also Rachel the new character you introduce I don't think Han Accepted him yet.
Exactly, and Jantar acts at being a seer, I think I mentioned that in her app. And I know Raphael isn't accepted yet, but I just got so excited, and I wanted to do that bit. I won't use him again till Han gets on, and accepts him.

PoisonOakpaw

OOC

Major Oakpaw the Gallant at your services. 

Poison Oakpaw, a legend in his own mind is a frequent Abbey visitor and terror of the abbey kitchen. Clumsy and a notorious sleep walker to boot there is never a dull moment when he is around.  Confident to the extreme he is a flop eared gentleman's gentleman and beloved by all in the abbey and at Salamandastron. 

Oakpaw is well known for leading a solo midnight charge from a thicket of poison oak straight into a marauding band of utterly stunned sea rat slavers.  There are still conflicting stories, but even though he returned a hero in a nightie he swears he wasn't sleepwalking.   

For his selfless deed Oakpaw was promoted back to Major for the third time since losing it most recently during the now famous Salamandastron soufflĂ© disaster and nature awarded him the worst case of poison oak in recorded history.  Also from the daring midnight rescue came the nick name that would ruffle the old campaigners feathers for years to come.   

Will this character be ok?  I always like the rabbits the best.  I'm new to this, should I just read up and jump in the mix?  Thanks guys hope you are doing good. 

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rachel25 on April 12, 2014, 05:23:03 PM
Through the crowded vermin a young weasel walked up to Jantar. Unlike the others, he was fully dressed, and looked like he'd been awake for hours. He stood right next to her, and whispered in her ear, "Why did you shout out? I thought your plan was just to kill him, and let him be found the next morning?"
"It was, but it seems the woodlanders got to him first, he's been stabbed through the heart."
"Is that bad?"
"No, its perfect. Now we have someone to blame for his death."
"What about the creature by the gate, the one posing as a ghost?"
"He must be a diversion, go, and deal with him, and any other woodlander you see." 
"Yes, milady."
The young weasel, who's name was, Raphael nodded, and walked away. He went to an upstairs window, and opened it. He loaded up his bow, and aimed it at the ghost. Just before he fired, he noticed an otter hiding behind a tree. The one who killed Grund maybe?
Raphael changed his target, and aimed at the otter.
-----------------
Zanga was hard pressed not to burst out laughing, the vermin looked truly terrified. He decided to leave, he didn't want to laugh, and give himself away. He was just turning to leave, when he left a sudden pain, in his back. Zanga looked down, and saw the very point of an arrow sticking out of his chest. He opened his mouth, and blood dripped out. He staggered sideways, then collapsed, dead.
-------------------------
Raphael nodded pleased, the arrow had almost come out the other side of the otter. He reloaded, and aimed at the ghost again.   

OOC YOU KILLED HIM!!!!!!! Now you better be prepared, for Arya has grief issues, remember?

BIC Bryant heard the low whistle, and then saw an otter collapse by a tree. He almost ran over, but instead he decided to go back over the walls in a little bit, and get the otter. He walked slowly back through the gate, almost being ran over by a ferret, and then he was out if the gates!

Faiyloe

Quote from: PoisonOakpaw on April 14, 2014, 05:40:17 AM
OOC

Major Oakpaw the Gallant at your services. 

Poison Oakpaw, a legend in his own mind is a frequent Abbey visitor and terror of the abbey kitchen. Clumsy and a notorious sleep walker to boot there is never a dull moment when he is around.  Confident to the extreme he is a flop eared gentleman's gentleman and beloved by all in the abbey and at Salamandastron. 

Oakpaw is well known for leading a solo midnight charge from a thicket of poison oak straight into a marauding band of utterly stunned sea rat slavers.  There are still conflicting stories, but even though he returned a hero in a nightie he swears he wasn't sleepwalking.   

For his selfless deed Oakpaw was promoted back to Major for the third time since losing it most recently during the now famous Salamandastron soufflĂ© disaster and nature awarded him the worst case of poison oak in recorded history.  Also from the daring midnight rescue came the nick name that would ruffle the old campaigners feathers for years to come.   

Will this character be ok?  I always like the rabbits the best.  I'm new to this, should I just read up and jump in the mix?  Thanks guys hope you are doing good. 

There is a character sheet in the OOC topic for this RP you would have to fill it out there and wait for Han to accept you.

rachel25

Jantar fought her way to a window, she wanted to see what was happening, everyone was panicking, one rat was crying!
She saw an otter go down with an arrow in his back, "Good old Raphael." She smiled.

OOC: Where's Han? I need him to accepted Raphael! 

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoyce saw his compatriot fall. The sounds of the vermin cringing and screaming died away as he looked up slightly to see the coward who'd done the deed. Spotting him he pulled off the hood and veil section of the outfit and stared straight at the unfortunate beast, conveying his threat through his eyes. The coldness captured in those silver eyes radiated one simple fact. The vermin had just put a number on the days he had left to live.... And it wasn't a very large one at that. Making sure that his new target knew full well what he'd just gotten himself into, Ervoyce fanned the flames with his tail bringing in a cloud of smoke with the back draft. Using the cover to disappear, he made a hissing sound to call an end to the haunting. He doused the flames with a small amount of water, causing another flare of smoke as the gates were left to sizzle.

OOC: Only Ervoyce's head is visible in the darkness, and that was only for his threat. It's about time we leave, haunting's are only good if you DON'T drag them out.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

OOC Bryant went out the gates at my last post, or did you nit see that part?

BIC Arya saw Bryant come out of the gates, and then there was two big flares of smoke and Ervoyce. But where was Vatra? She bit her lip, hoping she'd get out OK.

Faiyloe

Vatra had seen Zanga fall and her blood began to boil. Against better reason she ran along the wall top and down into the orchard She almost tripped over a dead weasel. She stopped and took his sword off of him and with the sword in one paw and her dirk in the other she crept around behind the frantic creatures in the dark and into the abbey. She wanted blood and blood would be spilled. There would be quite a few who would wander down a dark corridor and never see the light of day.     

rachel25

OOC: HANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIC: Jantar watched as dark smoke went everywhere, why hadn't Raphael killed the ghost?

Cornflower MM

Arya couldn't stand it anymore, and went over the wall to see  where Vatra had gone, as she still hadn't come out the gates. She looked over at the Orchard and gasped. Time seemed to low. "No........" She whispered, then ran down the wall and flung herself the last few feet down, and raced over to Zanga's body, all the while murmuring, "No. No. No, he can't be...No. No. No, can't be..." And so on, and so forth. she shoved past a weasel, not even noticing him, nor he her. She flung herself down, and took his cold, lifeless paw and held it to her cheek. "Nooooo...." She said, then screamed a scream full of pain, loss, disbelief, grief and sorrow. It sounded like the screech of a wild and injured animal. She bent over in pain, hugging herself as if trying to keep herself together, sobbing wildly. More like bawling, actually, remembering the good times they'd had together: Zanga, his head in her lap, sleeping. Zangw, shoving her protesting self towards Ervoyce. Zanga, flashing her favourite grin at her. Zanga, Zanga, Zanga.

OOC Too dramatic? Arya a had always felt like Santa was part of her family. In other words, all she had left, and what about Bryant, Ervoyce, and Vatra, you may say? Bryant was a loner, and she never had known him well. And she'd always felt like a tag-along with Vatra and Ervoyce.

Faiyloe

Vatra slipped threw the dark and came up behind a rat with a piece of rope.  there was a muffled shriek and and he lay strangled on the floor.  Vatra then crept off in to the dark again only to come up behind a stoat who promptly died with a stab to the back. The fire of blood was rushing threw her vain when she heard a blood curtailing cry. She recognized it as the sound of loss and grief and she felt as if some beast and stabbed her in the chest as a memory Shown clearly in her mind.

Alec lay in the loam his eyes looking into hers and he whispered her name "Kawalan... I... I Love you" His Eyes closed and She let out a shrieking cry of anguish.

Vatra swallowed hard and clenched her teeth and and fists and started towards the sound.

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoyce barely had time to hear the scream before he was turned around with the mask back on, he refused to lose another this night. Flying back through the gate he drank in the scene with his focused gaze changing targets repeatedly in quick succession. He spotted Arya, and noticed a blob of movement that could only be Vatra. Some of the vermin who had just come out and ad not witnessed the haunting were closing in on his friend. The dark squirrel's eyes lit up as he got an idea, turning to look at the still smoldering gates he smiled despite himself, a ghost was one thing, but what about a demon?

"HEAR ME VERMIN!" Ervoyce shouted above the ruckus, drawing attention like no other, "There are souls that belong in hellgates this night! COME TO ME!" With the entire back and top sections of the suit blazing with a flaring light, nothing but a shadow could be seen of the flaming terror that had arisen from the sparks of the gate. He charged straight for the vermin line sword drawn, covered in oil and consuming fire. He started a spin-happy blade dance but only used the knife in his left hand to draw blood as he wanted to keep the inferno on his sword lit as long as possible. He could only hope the extraction would be quick, there was time for grieving later, but the heat Ervoyce was experiencing was increasing at an uncomfortably rapid rate. He would wait as long as possible to ensure that when he whipped off the camouflage the entire thing would be ashes so as not to give away their trick, "Your blood shall fuel my fire vile creatures!"

"Please hurry Vatra! More than ever before I need your help!"

He closed his eyes, letting the dance of death and fear occupy his mind as heat turned to pain. 

OOC: Please get Arya out quick, I'm in a sticky situation right now.  ::)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Vatra started when she heard Ervoyces voice ringing threw the abbey with his threats. She now ran faster that she ever had before to the place where Arya lay. She fell down next to her and grabbed her by the shoulders shaking her. "We need to get out of here!" She said in a harsh whisper. Then with out waiting for an answer she grabbed the limp form of Zanga and carried  him over her shoulder.

OOC: I know there was a bit of PPing there if you don't like it Corn then I'll change it. 

Cornflower MM

OOC: It's fine!! Ah, I finally have my old 'n slow CPU back! I'm happy!

BIC: Arya was stunned out of her shock and grief whjen someone grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her. She didn't hear Vatra, but realized that she needed toi get out. She stood, with her arms around herself, and stumbled after Vatra, still sobbing.