News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Redwall 3D Game/Levels

Started by s_purs, February 25, 2012, 10:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfstar

This does sound good, I always imagined a Redwall game. :)
Happy and kind.

s_purs

Thanks. Sorry guys, I've had a mad week at work and after work, wont be an update for a week, need to work out how i want it to look really

rakkety tam

its been over  a week and nothing when u gonna post something more
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

s_purs

Hey,

Yeah I was going to post today but never got round to it. Ive been ill for a couple of weeks- strained my eyes so looking at a computer hurts. Nearly better now so will get back working on the game after the bank holiday weekend.

Ben

s_purs

Hey all,

Sorry for the lack of updates over the past 3 weeks. I havent forgotten about you guys, I just haven't had time to do any work on it, so i didn't have anything to update here.

I have my art style sorted, and i will be in the painty style of Disney's Beauty And The Beast- I will put some examples up soon to show you what i mean, but I have been doing loads of research into it to get it sorted. Would be pointless getting too much work done until i knew how i wanted it to look as i would have had to change it all.

I will hopefully get round to working on it again next week, and i will keep you posted.

Some examples of the work I do for my job can be found on my newly updated website:

www.benmerrick.com

If you go to showreel and then watch the second video down that is the worl for the Xbox games i have worked on recently.

My Twitter is www.Twitter.com/benmerrick3d and my blog is at www.benmerrick.com/blog  . these are the things i keep most up to date with my work, i will only post major updates on this forum probably

Ben

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

psybox

can i have some of the models?  had a similar idea, only with the source engine.

s_purs

No sorry I cannot hand out my models as it is my work for my portfolio and I don't want them to be spread on the internet for other people to be able to use, sorry.

Leatho Shellhound

Dose this have some thing to do with it?

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

s_purs

Hey,

Sorry guys I had a really busy time at work and then got made redundant just before Christmas. I am starting working at Rare (http://www.rare.co.uk/) next week and when I get settled down I plan to get working back on this again.
I will definitely make some levels from the world of Redwall, its just finding the time. The good news is that over the past year I have got a lot better at my work so when I do get to work on this it will hopefully be much better than I planned in the first place.
Some of my recent work can be found on my website- http://www.benmerrick.com/?id=gallery-personal

If you dont see anything in 3 weeks time someone send me a message on here and it will remind me to get working on it.

Hope everybody is well,

Ben

Romsca

I'm really looking forward to it! Will it be able to work on a mac? Or just a pc? (I have a mac)

s_purs

Don't get your hopes up too much to begin with. First of all I will just make some areas of the world in 3D- which you will see as pictures/pieces of art and if I decide to then you could walk around them in a game level on your computer. There definitely wouldn't be any characters or story or anything in the world until I have made those first few areas and then i will see if I want to work on it more after that.

So this will just be some fan art- but hopefully some really amazing looking art- at the start and then I will decide after that.

Ben

Matthias720

Sounds like you landed a pretty sweet job. Congrats!

I'm glad to see that you have resurrected this project, and I'm looking forward to see what results you produce. :)

s_purs

Thanks, its something I've always been meaning to do but I had to put it on hold whilst I was busy and looking for a new job- needed to do the other work that was on my website to get a job which was a priority.

I would love to have one of the scenes progressing a lot by the end of march

Shadowed One

Hope you make it. I have actually doodles some plans for a Redwall MMO, but it will probably never get made.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc