News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Warriors

Started by Rainshadow, July 25, 2012, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Warriors series is your favorite?

Warriors
5 (55.6%)
The New Prophecy
0 (0%)
The Power of Three
0 (0%)
Omen of the Stars
1 (11.1%)
Dawn of the Clans
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Wisteria Wild Cat

I LOVE Warriors! I've read all of them! I, sadly, don't own very many, only the first part of the series. My favorite cat is Bluestar, but I also like Mistyfoot/star. Oh, and Ravenpaw.  ;D
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 28, 2012, 05:00:59 PM
  Hmm, interesting.  Yeah, I've read Firestar's Quest, Bluestar's Prophecy, Crookedstar's Promise and Skyclan's Destiny.  I'm on the holds list for Yellowfang's Secret.  It makes me nervous though, because I had read that it's supposed to be a very emotional book, yet Bluestar's Prophecy and Crookedstar's Promise had me bawling.  I'm afraid that someone will come into my room and see me crying over a book.  Awkward.
Hah, well, I'll be okay with it, cause I never cry over books. ;D On the other hand, it'll probably leave me feeling very shellshocked...
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Wisteria Wild Cat on July 28, 2012, 06:02:05 PM
I LOVE Warriors! I've read all of them! I, sadly, don't own very many, only the first part of the series. My favorite cat is Bluestar, but I also like Mistyfoot/star. Oh, and Ravenpaw.  ;D

Who doesn't like Ravenpaw?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

Well, take a look at the most recent official description of the book.  The description alone makes it sound very depressing, particularly the last paragraph. "Drenched in heartache"... "bleak and dim"...

QuoteOne secret could destroy them all. . . .

Yellowkit is a ShadowClan cat through and through and she can't wait to become a fearless warrior. Then Yellowkit trains as an apprentice and finally receives her warrior name, Yellowfang—and much to her surprise, she realizes that her paws weren't meant to shed blood. Her true destiny lies as a healer, and she takes her place as ShadowClan's medicine cat apprentice.

But Yellowfang's dreams are haunted by a dark prophecy, and every paw step she takes seems drenched in heartache. As she struggles to separate herself from her warrior past, she realizes that the future she faces is bleak and dim—colored by a devastating secret that could destroy the warrior Clans.

As far as crying in books, I really don't much.  I did cry in Bluestar's Prophecy at the part where Snowfur dies and Bluefur tries to tell Whitekit.  I think the only other books I've cried in are Where The Red Fern Grows (I was ten and read it not long after my dog died), and The Hunger Games (especially since the first time I read it, I was Katniss' age and my little sister was Rue/Prim's age).

Skipper

SecondSeries
When the clans move from there old territory, why didn't Firestar or Cloudtail go and say goodbye to Princess?

I also think once Ravenpaw proved his courage and confidence in the Darkest hour that he should have re-joined Thunderclan and resumed training.
[close]

W0NWILL

a spoiling reply
So do I, I also think that before he left, Firestar should've given Ravenpaw a warrior name, he deserves it.
[close]

Rainshadow

Spoiler
Yes, but would Ravenpaw have liked his warrior name?  I mean, think about Daisy or Millie.  They came into the Clan, but they didn't want a warrior name.  Maybe Ravenpaw was the same.  Maybe he was so used to his apprentice name that he didn't want to change it now.
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Moss the Warriormaid

Oh my StarClan.

I LOVE THE WARRIOR SERIES SO MUCH!!!!

*ahem* ;D

My favorite character is Hollyleaf. Everyone acts likes she's evil just 'cause

The Power of Three, Hollyleaf's Story and Omen of the Stars
Killed Ashfur because he was going to kill Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and herself! I find that unfair that people judge her because she did that; on my ipod touch, I got 'Hollyleaf's Story' a book you can only get on mobile devices, and it said in a flash-back scene that she didn't want to kill Ashfur.
[close]

Wisteria Wild Cat

I also love Hollyleaf!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Moss the Warriormaid

IKR? How far have you gotten into the series? I've just finished up the Last Hope, and I'm waiting for 'The Sun Trail'; the first book of the next series!

Wisteria Wild Cat

I read them all, and now I'm waiting for the next book too! What do you think of 'Survivors'? Does it look good to you?

Moss the Warriormaid

Eh, I think Warriors will be much better.

Wisteria Wild Cat

Me too, I don't think I'll even bother trying 'Survivors'.

Moss the Warriormaid

I know, right? Seekers isn't as good as Warriors, don't you agree, though?

Wisteria Wild Cat

I liked Seekers a lot, but I thought Warriors was better, yes.  :)