Bramblestar
[close]

Wisteria Wild Cat

I didn't really like Brambleclaw...

Mine would have to be,
1. Scourge
2. Bluestar
3. Hollyleaf
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Moss the Warriormaid

Aww, well at least you won't steal my crush. >:3

Redwallfan7

I'm more of a dog person, but I read the first two and I thought they were fairly decent. I think Brian's books are a little bit more detailed. Fireheart was my favorite character from them.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

I can't wait for the Survivor series!  That one looks really interesting.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Moss the Warriormaid

I suppose it does....

But I still think Warriors will be better.

Rainshadow

Yeah, I have to admit, out of the two different series there are by this author - Warriors and Seekers - I love Warriors much more.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Moss the Warriormaid

*high fives* Great choice!

Rainshadow

*Returns high five*  Oh yeah!

Moss the Warriormaid

Who's your fav characters in the Warrior series, Rain?

W0NWILL

Personally, I liked Jayfeather.

Moss the Warriormaid

Do you like Hollyleaf? 83

Dawnwing

Quote from: Moss the Warriormaid on July 29, 2012, 06:12:46 PM
IKR? How far have you gotten into the series? I've just finished up the Last Hope, and I'm waiting for 'The Sun Trail'; the first book of the next series!
I've read all the books that are out, plus all the extra short stories/plays/etc that are out.  Also, for iPod/iPad/iPhone users, there's a (free) Warriors app made by HarperCollins has information about the books and character profiles and a trivia game and stuff.  ;)

As far as Survivors, just so you're all aware, even though it's under the Erin Hunter name, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the people who wrote Warriors and Seekers.  Someone else came up with the series, someone else is writing the plotline, it's got a new writer, and it's totally different people editing it.  It doesn't even have Vicky Holmes making sure it matches the usual "Erin" voice like she does for Warriors and Seekers. (And based on the excerpt they have out, a lot of people don't think it sounds like Erin. Sentences are too choppy, is one frequent comment.)
From what we've heard, the current Erins are somewhat annoyed about it, and most fans are quite angry about it because they're using the popular Erin Hunter name to sell more copies, rather than selling it under its own merit as a new author's book.  They're using our loyalty to the women we've come to know and love over the last decade to try and sell something totally unrelated to them.  So as protest, many people, like me, are deciding to only get it from the library rather than purchasing it.  It may very well be a good book, but we choose to not support HarperCollins' somewhat decieving marketing scheme by giving them money for it.
(Yeah, this is one of the biggest things I meant when I said "the fanbase is growing quite unhappy with HarperCollins" earlier in this thread.)

Moss the Warriormaid

OH MY STARCLAN THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!!

*ahem*

How did you find this out, though? On the official website it says that they wrote.

Could one of the Ernis be writing with someone else?

Dawnwing

We know it for sure.  The Erin Hunter writers, particularly Kate Cary and Vicky Holmes (the "boss" Erin), interact with their fans a lot through Facebook, blogs, Vicky is the one who tours, etc.

Originally we knew about Survivors from a brief mention of it on a HarperCollins site; it said something about how during one of the Warriors releases, there would be a bookmark giveaway to promote "Survivors" and "Seekers new arc".  When asked if Survivors was the next Erin Hunter series, both Kate Cary and Vicky Holmes confirmed it.  At the time, they both seemed excited about it and the phrasing implied they thought they were going to write it - "That's our project for next year and we can't say anything about it yet", and using smilies.   A fan asked two months later on Kate's blog if it was true they were writing a new series called Survivors.  Kate said, "I'm afraid Vicky, Cherith, and I are not going to be included in this project", complete with sad face.  People asked Vicky if that meant Tui was writing it, but Vicky said no, Tui isn't either.  I asked if that meant the entire Survivors project was passed along and going to be published as a new author's book, and Kate replied that it will be by a group of American writers and editors, in "the style of Erin Hunter" and still be under the Erin Hunter name.  Once again, Vicky confirmed that yes, it's by new people, but not American, and that Survivors was not her idea.   
As far as the current Erins not being happy about it, apart from Kate using sad smilies about it, when a fan commented that Kate made Survivors possible because she wrote the first Warriors book, Kate responded, only half-jokingly, "I'm clearly totally replaceable".  And someone I know from another site who saw Vicky on tour said that Vicky had been talking about it at the Dayton tour stop and she said she isn't happy about it.

Since then, we've discovered the identity of the new writer - a Scottish woman named Gillian Phillip.  The current Erins have cordially welcomed her as an Erin, whatever their own thoughts about them not writing it.  Fans, too, do not take out their anger on her or blame her - it wasn't her idea, after all, it was the publisher's.

Basically, there are fans who just like animal books and don't care that it's not connected to the current Erins and don't care about the marketing scheme, there are those who plan to boycott Survivors completely, and there are those like me who will read it but not buy it.  I don't know what's going on with the rest of the series, they may even bring in a regular Erin to write a book even if Vicky's not guiding the process (but Vicky not being a part of it is the key thing bothering people here; she's the core of Erin). 

But, anyway, the main thing here is that I'm just trying to spread the word to other fans wherever I can about the truth behind Survivors, so they can make an informed decision about what they think about the series and whether they are going to buy it or not.