News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What do you think the Forum will be like in 20 years?

Started by Delthion, December 27, 2015, 07:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

I 20 years I will have completed my rise to power as an admin, recreate the forum to become how I want it and ban all who oppose me.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jukka the Sling

It's unfortunately probable that the forum will be dead in twenty years.  Unless, of course, there is a big-budget, critically-acclaimed movie which draws more people to the books and then to this forum.  And I intend to make my kids read Redwall. XD
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

I will never have kids. Babies scare me. But if I do, I would force them to read the Redwall series... and name them all after ingredients in nachos ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Cornflower MM on December 28, 2015, 12:05:31 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on December 27, 2015, 10:42:58 PM
Dead and gone, honestly. Most if not all members will have moved on, the youngest perhaps getting their first jobs, the average ones living life with families of their own, and the oldest far too busy, burnt out, or bored to continue their activity.
New fans might find the site, if it is still accessible, and note the lack of activity. They can poke around and see what people have said about the series, and perhaps move on. Hardcore fans might try to revive the site or even start another, but there will never be the same zeal or bustle about the series as has been.
Countless other series will be written, drawing fans away either now, later, or from future participants, and the past will be the past.

If I'm getting my first job around the age of 33, then my life would SUCK.
Some people stay in college for a long time, that's all.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on December 28, 2015, 06:01:11 PM
I will never have kids. Babies scare me. But if I do, I would force them to read the Redwall series... and name them all after ingredients in nachos ;D
I'm nacho friend. Anymore. That was a creepy statement.

"READ IT! READ THE BLOOD-FILLED MOUSE BOOKS!"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Matthias720

Hmmm... 20 years you say?

I'd like to think that as I approach my 46th birthday, in 20 years, I'd still be here. But of course that assumes that the forum is still here. But as long as it remains, I want to be here, fostering growth in the fan base, generation to generation.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on December 28, 2015, 06:01:11 PM
Can I be Cheese's godfather? ;D

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Skyblade on January 08, 2016, 06:16:48 AM
Who knows if we will even be alive in 20 years?

The oldest of us here will be forty, so I think we'll be alive.

The forum would be a 404 error page.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Dotti Dillworthy

The forum being a 404 error page is my boggart, in my opinion. I believe that we will make a "Riddikulus" out of that boggart as long as there's magic and fun to our beloved virtual Abbey.
Twenty years from now I would be living somewhere in the world, away from my home country, with my handsome husband and some wonderful kids. I would be having a successful career as an artist, character designer and animator, designing characters for the animated continuation of Redwall, which would expand until The Rogue Crew movie adaptation. I would be a wonderful godmother to little Dibbuns of the virtual Abbey.

Leatho Shellhound

To be honest I hope to still be here when I'm 80 years old, by then I will have (hopfully) retired and will have most of the day to draw and write really long Role-Play posts. :D
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 08, 2016, 02:38:50 PM
Quote from: Skyblade on January 08, 2016, 06:16:48 AM
Who knows if we will even be alive in 20 years?

The oldest of us here will be forty, so I think we'll be alive.

I know that, but still. You never know what will happen.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rusvul

Quote from: Delthion on December 28, 2015, 05:29:15 AM
But you would not be able to keep up...
Yeah, actually, in all likelihood they would. It's called an IP ban. Or maybe they can ban a specific email adress from registering more accounts?