News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

War in 1700 Cont.

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 28, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Daskar

OOC: France is up for grabs still.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: I'm quite sure that France has been taken over by Spain.

Message to King Sandpaw
Do not make me laugh. You are a pathetic excuse for a nation and I will crush you.
- Emperor Ashenwyte I
[close]

*Spanish soldiers lure the 3rd Infantry Division into a trap, surrounding them and causing enormous casualties*

*Assassins attack important Portuguese officials, including King Ariepata*

*The defenders at Cadiz start firing upon the Portuguese. Captain Alfonso leads a cunning flanking attack on the artillery ships that destroys most of them*
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Ottoman ships make landfall at Spain, unloading troops and artillery.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

*The 3rd Fusilier Division is put into a retreat after heavy losses. General Alfanso orders the forces of Portugal to preform a tactical retreat thirty miles out from Coruna to where the cannons are entrenched outside Vigo. Thus reinforced General Alfanso orders most of his army to retreat leaving a thin line to act as rearguard, making it look like a trap, the plan being that the Spanish would think so as well, and not attack swiftly. Meanwhile the remaining forces would return to Vigo fortifying it as to hold it against the Spanish. As expected Spanish Spies return to the army informing the general of Alfanso's plans. The Spanish preform a full scale attack falling straight into Alfanso's trap, which was a real trap. Inflicting heavy casualties using the entrenched cannons. General Alfanso then advances back to Coruna and lays siege to the city.*

*King Ariepata is protected from the assassination attempts by the Royal Guard, and uses the attacks as propaganda to rally his military commanders. Unconcerned about the heavy amount of fire coming from the city, Portuguese Conquistador Line Infantry smash into Cadiz using the sword and bayonet with equal abandon. Against Ariepata's orders the Portuguese army begins looting Cadiz raiding the deserted homes of Spanish Nobles.*

*Admiral Pedro rallies the scattered ships of the Portuguese navy and fights a desperate battle against the Spanish war fleet. Refusing to retreat the Portuguese manage to drive the Spanish back though not without heavy casualties, and loss of ships.*

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

*After some minor back and forth gunfire and artillery barrages, the Ottomans have slowly progressed through Spain. Cavalry patrols litter the countryside as the large Ottoman camp replenishes supplies at a farming village. They are ready to move on and reinforce their allies at the Spanish Portugese line.

*The commander of the invasion sends ahead a four man cavalry group to bring news of the Ottoman invasion to the Portugese.

SilentSam

OOC: I will either take France or Denmark-Norway, whichever wasn't taken over by now. *is too lazy to read most of topic"
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Hickory

Nevermind wrong thread.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: France is potentially taken by Bonaparte which is currently occupied by Spain and being invaded by England. Denmark-Norway was occupied by the Swedish but was "Liberated" by the Portuguese during the war with Swedish powers. You are welcome to take Denmark as a gift from the Empire of Portugal. Lets say you are the cousin or something to King Ariepata and he installs you as King of Denmark.

SilentSam

OOC: *takes Denmark-Norway*
Thank you, (cousin) King Ariepata! We are forever in your debt. Our country is a land of many riches. We shall give you 10,000 krones to help you in your conflict. We will try to enter the war sometime, after we stock up on troops. Here is an ancient Icelandic saga, as a gift. I shall now be called King Adriano!
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

LT Sandpaw

Yay.....

Stuff is happening.

Hickory

Lord Daskar

OOC: The true King of Sweden will return! And no, that's not you Groddil.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.