News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Song of the Explorer

Started by Delthion, November 06, 2014, 04:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrad the Painless

Gorelan turned when a member of his crew pointed out another ship. "The Golden Fangs eh?" he said aloud. Gorelan's loyal crew glanced at each other and shuffled about nervously from paw to paw. It had been a while since they had done battle, the most recent being about a season ago. Gorelan pushed past his crew as he saw the other ship approach and dock not too far away. Pacing the quarterdeck, he shouted; "It seems that another wishes to attack the fire mountain?" he called mockingly to the distant ship. One of his vermin crew spoke up. "Captain.....are you going to-" Gorelan turned quickly on one paw, detaching a sword from his silky sash around his hips. The blade of the sharpened sword almost touched the trembling chest of the rat who had spoke aloud. "Yes, do you have any words to speak about my decision?" Gorelan said forcefully as the sword inched in closer to rat, waiting to strike like a pike. The poor rat shook his head and Gorelan lowered the sword. "Good, then we shall have to wait for our challenge...." he said as he turned to focus his attention back on the enemy ship. 
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Ashleg

Stellan gave the stoat a glare before turning toward the other ship.
He pointed his sword at it.
"Oi! You, there!" He called across, " I believe that we had seen this area first; the mountain shall be mine! Well, it'd be...smart of you to take your vessel and your crew elsewhere. Got it, bucko?"

Conrad the Painless

Gorelan smirked. "Aye," he called back, "but it seems that we've arrived here first!" Behind him, his crew began to gather up their weapons sullenly. "Say, we're both seafaring beasts are we not, we could make an alliance?" Gorelan called again.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Ashleg

"Seafaring, aye, but an alliance is something I'd laugh at! How 'bout we come peacefully meet you instead, eh?" Stellan shouted back, nodding to his crew.
He wouldn't wait for an answer from Gorelan.
"Mudeye, Thara, come along n' bring a couple others of yer choice. The rest of ye, stay here!"

Conrad the Painless

Gorelan winked at his own band of vermin. "Aye, peacefully..." He said, as he ordered the crew to lower the smaller craft attached to the side of the ship. "Five of you get in, before I throw your mangy hides over the side!"

LT Sandpaw

Ivan strolled along the shore watching the sun rise higher into the sky, his mind on other things he wished that time would speed up so they could set off sooner. Turning to look at the crowded shore, the ships tall masts swaying with the tide, smart banners fluttering in the morning wind.
A jumping cat caught his eye as it landed on Onoirath's ship the Prince Charlie and stalked along the deck.
"Hello comrade, what are you doing?" Ivan called to the figure.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

"Come, let us talk this out in the land between our two vessels, shall we?"
Stellan called out, exiting his ship with the three other crewmembers.

Delthion

Onoirath had been strolling on the beach when two vessels came into sight, he wasn't sure about their intent, so he dashed into the mountain, awoke the rest of his crew-members and assembled them in his ship. Judging that they were close enough to hear him he shouted; "What are your intentions on this fine land?" Then he stood waiting for a reply.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Delthion I think they are far enough out that our characters couldn't see them.

Delthion

OOC: I don't know. But it seemed that they were close enough to see us, therefore they should be close enough for us to see them.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Conrad the Painless

OOC: You can see our ships faintly on the horizon, but that's about it.

Gorelan nodded and jumped into the small boat, his crew showing respect by making enough room for him at the bow. Without turning his back on the front of the craft, Gorelan ordered two rats to start rowing. At the edition of a threat, the small boat began to move in the intended direction, rolling up and down with the gentle waves.

Delthion

With no response Onoirath said; "We better cast off just to be sure, then we'll can see what their intentions are." Then he marched off to the Boony Prince Charlie and gave the order to set sail.

Conrad the Painless

Quote from: AbbotAlf0809 on November 11, 2014, 04:43:35 PM
Jacob Sparra took one massive wiff of the salty sea air and climbed down from the bow, slowly running his paws across the old oaken beams of his family's ancient vessel, The Black Abbey. He headed for the bridge barking orders at the woodlander corsairs accompanying him, "Raise sails, man the rigging!" Jacob looked towards the mainland with his spyglass, at the great mountain of Salamandastron. "If my spies are correct, then that convoy should be leaving soon..." he muttered to himself as his beats raised their flag. A White Castle with crossed cutlasses. "Arm all weapons and sail behind the rocks! We shall catch the convoy by surprise." He walked among the lower levels of his ship, inspecting his gunners, ensuring that the cannons where in perfect order if they were going to capture these ships. Walking back to the main deck he loaded his flintlock pistol.

OCC: Ok, so we got three goodbeast ships so far....and I think three pirate ships.

BIC: As Gorelan yelled at the two working the oars to row faster, he subconsciously took out his sling shot with one paw and put they other on the hilt of his sword. The bounty of the ships at the shore are rightfully mine! He sneered to himself. 

Delthion

OOC: Also your ship is much smaller than Scartooth's.

LT Sandpaw

Ivan looked with confusion from the cat to Onoirath who had just ordered them to set sail. Shrugging his confusion off for later he raced along the shore to his own vessel.
"Make ready to sail, you otter blokes into the water get us pushed off the rest of you to the rigging, get us moving." He yelled. Pulling the tiller free from is binding he's watched the few otters in his crew push the Surf Rider into the waves.