Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Hickory

Jetfur rolled his eyes. "Well, the thing is, no one wants to come down here and supervise the slaves clean this hole. You don't get my point. Either way, Rapshade doesn't care how clean this place is, as long as it moves the ship."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

The steersrat remained as quiet as a mouse his eyes pleasant and innocent. Reaching over he very subtlety shoved Tinygut forward. The small rat fell forward with a squeak causing several eyes to fall on him.

"It t'werent me Cap'n I didn' do it! 'ave mercy Cap'n!" His voice was despairingly high pitch and many of the pirates sniggered. Saltooth leaned over to Blackclaw whispering into his ear.

"Ain't th' likkle runt jus' perfect fer a fallbeast. I wonner wot e' Cap'n will do ter 'im?" Blackclaw shrugged munching on a garlic clove.

~*~*~*~*~

The only sign that Brandon was surprised was the tiny flick of his tail. Otherwise his outside appearance remained the same. The senior mouse nodded to both youths and furrowed his brow. This wasn't how he had wanted to tell them, but he would just have to make do.

"Ho their just the beasts I was looking for, as for your questions I will tell you as we walk." He motioned for them to follow him and proceeded towards the door. "Your father knows this Rapshade, eligibly he died on some reef but it was questionable. So the last thing I need is some march hare grabbing up his sword and demanding blood. AS for why your father will do that, well its his story to tell not mine. Anyway I need to know whether you can show me where that cabin is?"

"We can find it sir." Bracklew cut across having finally swallowed his scone. "But why do you want to go there?" The mouse's answer was simple but direct and had no meaning to the young squirrel.

"Creekpaw."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

OOC-
May he kill him..?
Either way, just cut to the rest of the crew kind of cringing.
IC-
It took a moment for Rapshade to blink the shock out of his eyes, but his gaze soon became cold and angry again. "Aha, Tinygut...I'd never have expected that from you. First you mock me and then lie about not doing it? Oh, please." The ferret reached out and grabbed the small rat by the neck, dragging him behind the bushes. He held up his sabre.
"They don't need to see what I'll do to you. Hearing your screams will be enough to chill their blood..."

Fangfang laughed. It was rare he actually understood something.
"Okay, mate!" The rat put on an awkward smile and padded around the room, flicking his tail every so often. His eyes widened as he looked back at Jetfur. "Y'have a lot of friends here, eh?"
By "friends" he meant slaves. In all honesty, the rat was just too innocent to have come down here before.

--

Mixy slowly began nodding. Creekpaw? Yes, she knew that Creekpaw was there but what did she have to do with it? The hare decided to ask.
"Sir? You're being a little...Er, vague. What do you mean by 'Creekpaw'? And if I can't tell m' father, how will he know to tell me this story you mentioned?" When they got further into Mossflower she pointed to the right. "It's that way...Maybe when we get there I'll stand back. It wasn't very nice."

Hickory

Ashleg

Some random mouse glanced at him again. Fang cringed and inched back towards the door.
"Ha, okay...I think I should get goin' now, mate..."

Hickory

Jetfur nodded understandingly. "Of course, mate. Let me open the door f'ya." He used his whip once again to open the door.

LT Sandpaw

Creekpaw had joined them at some point and they continued, Mixy's innocent questions were beginning to irk the mouse. He hated trying to avoid the story that connected Rapshade and Mixy. He decided on the simplest answer.

"I can not tell you that story Mixy, nor should you request it of your father. If he sees fit he well tell you. And not before." Creekpaw decided to intervene on the warrior's behalf.

"I t'was a slave little matey. To this creature Rapsahde an' 'is slave driver Jetfur. Tis th' ugly truth." She grunted hefting her javelin. "Sometimes I 'ope the scum still breaths, I 'ad a matey on th' boat, a mouse by th' name Bimble. E' didn' deserve to die on some reef."

She fell silent clearly not want to talk any more. Brandon led the way forging a path though the woodlands, while Creekpaw, Bracklew and Mixy followed behind. The squirrel youth was unusually quiet, subdued by the recent turn of the conversation.

~*~*~*~*~

A collected moan rose from the pirates as Rapsahde finished with his most recent victim. More then one watched flinched as the screams faded.

"Well ain't e' a Cap'n wit' a 'eart o' gold." Saltooth commented to Blackclaw who was struggling not to vomit. "Poor likkle Tinygut, I didn' s'pect that mate, th' Cap'n is worse to 'is own crew then 'is enemies. I tell yer wot mate, e's black 'earted fer sure."

"Dangerous mate." Blackclaw agreed rising from his bent over position.

"Mayhap some o' th' crew agree, that e' needs ta be replaced." Saltooth considered tapping one of his dagger hilts. Blackclaw nodded and sniggered, there whispered conversation had been heard by a wicked looking fox who wielded a rusty hook. The corsair joined in unbidden.

"I be with ye mates, jus' say th' when n' where. We'd be better off without a beast like o' Rapshade leadin' us." All three vermin nodded in silent coalition. Whispered plans began to form, each one slightly more brutal and wicked then the last.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

"Oh no, that's terrible!" Mixy gasped, shaking her head sadly. She'd never have expected that.
They walked in silence for a while, until Mixy spotted the house a bit up ahead. She pointed and ran to it.
"This is it, Brandon." The hare said, pushing the door open a little.
She instantly recoiled at the smell.
"Well...Yuck."

--

Rapshade cleaned his blade off in the grass and walked back out there.
"No more silly business from you guys. Understand? Y've been treading on my paws all morning. If y' don't want to wind up like him then just behave..." The ferret's word faded off and he shook his head tiredly.
"We're going to check this place out. Aye?"

Fangfang nodded rapidly and darted out of the room, taking a deep breath of the fresh air on the deck.

Cornflower MM

Ashleg

OOC-
Saltooth made a rude outburst to the captain and then put the blame on the rat Tinygut, whom Rapshade ended up killing (thinking it was he who said that.)
Mixy and Bracklew are walking with the Abbey warrior to uncover the mystery of Mixy's note, and Duncan was still talking with Rayne...About food, I think. :)

Cornflower MM

OOC: My thanks.

BIC: After getting her oatmeal and a scone spread with meadowcream and a small dollop of jam on top, Rayne went to sit next to Duncan. "Good food?" Sh einquired.

rrrrr

Abbot Grant came, yawning, around the corner. "Mmmm, scones, is it?" he murmered, and then yawned again.

OOC: I don't know when the cook can come in for the vermin side.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Ashleg

OOC-
He could be on the ship and talk to Fang, maybe. :)
IC-
Duncan was busy stuffing a scone in his face.
He nodded at both Grant and Rayne. "Yeah, great scones, wot! Go ahead and eat them before I get them all, heheh..."

Lady Ashenwyte

Mel saw the walls of Redwall before her and sighed. She walked up to the gate and knocked, and pulled her hood down.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ashleg

Duncan suddenly sat up straight, looking ready and alert.
"I hear somebeast knockin' at the door, wot! We haven't had a visitor in a while. Who should go get it?"

Mixy waited for one of the adults to go in.
She wouldn't be the first.