News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Do you listen to the audiobooks?

Started by Osu, June 13, 2011, 03:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

I don't listen to audiobooks. But that's just me. I'm more of a fan of reading it myself
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gonff

I have read all of them and now I was thinking of trying the adiobooks. I'm not sure how much I'll like listening to it instead of reading it.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Matthias720

Osu

The audiobooks are wooonderfull I'm sure you'd love them! Start with the newest release of Redwall, it's one of the best!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Lily

The audiobooks were never readily available where I used to live, but I did have the abridged version of Redwall narrated by Brian Jacques on tape. I really want to give them a go, mainly for the songs.

Gonff

I got the audiobook of High Rhulian (spelling?) from the library today. (I had to get it on interlibrary loan since our small local library didn't have it.) Hopefully I will have time to listen to it soon...
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Gonff

I listened to it a little last night. The creatures don't sound like I imagined them but I'll have to listen to more of it to decide whether I like it or not.

One good thing about it: My younger brothers who can read but aren't able to read a book that long in the time we have it from the library will listen to the audiobook! So at least I can share redwall with them now.  ;D

Redwall Musician

I'm trying to get my sister to listen to the audio books. She isn't that interested. I think I like reading better though. I might listen to it just to hear the warcrys.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

DanielofRedwall

There are absolutely no audiobooks anywhere near where I live. I would love to, put I can't.  :'( There also aren't many redwall books themselves...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Dawnwing

I love the audiobooks!  I frequently check them out from my library.  My favorite audio versions of the books are Outcast of Redwall and High Rhulain, I think.  Whether the best part is the music/songs, the wonderful way the characters are portrayed, or Brian Jacques' narration is hard to say.

Gonff

I have decided I would rather read than listen to an adiobook. But as I said my brothers will listen to them.

Bananagirl

i love to read more that to listen but for when i can,t read like mowing the lawn or working out side its nice to listen, so based on what you all said i checked a audio book out from my library and i liked it, the characters voices are different than o thought they would be but Brian Jacques voice is amazing, he has the best  accent. so to sum up i like reading more but the audio books are very nice in themselves. thanks all for info on the audio books  ;D

Osu

Quote from: Nature Lover on July 12, 2011, 01:04:01 PM
One good thing about it: My younger brothers who can read but aren't able to read a book that long in the time we have it from the library will listen to the audiobook! So at least I can share redwall with them now.  ;D
This is wonderful! Good idea. :D

I got mine from iTunes - it's a pain, but the best I could do. The La Dita bookshop has a few, too. I like listening to the audiobooks while I'm drawing, crocheting, trying to sleep, and on long car trips. ;D

Lady_Gwalia

I LOVE the audiobooks! The full-cast ones with BJ narrating are amazing. The ones with Mark Jacques as Martin are the best. He is THE voice of Martin. I even have a copy of Mossflower signed by BJ and Mark Jacues :)
High or the hills, far or the seas,
Fly with the small birds and follow the breeze,
Go with your heart, where would you roam?
Back to the rose colored stones you call home.
~The Pearls of Lutra

Osu

I AGREE. Mark is the best Martin, no doubt about it. And Brian is a truly amazing story teller, fantastic reader. I could listen to his voice all day.

And I am totally jealous of your signed copy, Gwalia! ;D