Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Groddil

Redfang retrieved the axe.
"Got it, chief. Gimme a shout when ya need me again."
The stoat walked out of the cabin and descended below deck. He found an empty bunk and claimed it for himself. He kept one eye open as he slept, watchful, in case any of the rats decided to get some revenge. In his mind he was planning. How could he ruin Rapshade's perfectly planned invasion without the ferret knowing it was him?

One-Ear crept through the gates.
"Thanks...Mixy, isn't it? Why did you want me to be quiet, is my voice that bad?"

Ashleg

"I can't let my dad see me," Mixy said curtly, folding her arms.
"My friend and I are going somewhere to get something done, and if any of the adults find out they'll stop us. And yes, I'm Mixy. You're One-Ear?"

--

Rapshade watched Redfang as the stoat left, and then it got quiet.
Besides the wind whistling through the late autumn trees, he could've sworn he heard Fangfang's voice.
No. He's supposed to be dead.

Groddil

One-Ear nodded, motioning to the stump where his second ear had been.
"Kinda obvious isn't it? Where are you going?"

Mortembell had watched the wretched rat flee the Abbey. Walking back into the Great Hall, she jerked her head at the door.
"Rat ran for it. He's somewhere in the woods now."
She took her seat at the table and reached absentmindedly at a flagon of October Ale.
"I think we should have stopped him, what if he goes back and tells his captain?"

Ashleg

Mixy turned and started walking.
"Somewhere. But I don't know you well enough to tell, do I?"

--

Grant shook his head.
"If we'd stopped him you probably would have hurt him again. If he tells his captain, it isn't like it will matter to us. Rapshade already knows of Redwall Abbey."

Groddil

One-Ear folded his paws.
"Let me guess, it has something to do with Rapshade, doesn't it? Why else would you be sneaking off? I heard what your father said, you have every right to go do whatever plan of revenge it is you're thinking about, but if you think you can keep me away from those scum and the stoat that killed my father, you've got another thing coming."
He lowered his voice and placed a paw on Mixy's shoulder.
"We've both lost loved ones to those vermin, you can trust me."

Hickory

Jetfur smiled weakly at the sight of Fangfang. "Yeah, nice to see you alive an' well... WAIT A MINUTE!"

The rat scrambled back onto the ship. "Yer supposed to be dead, that's what the Cap'n told me! I ain't allowing any deadbeasts near me. CAP'N RAPSHADE!"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Mixy narrowed her eyes and removed One-Ear's paw from her shoulder.
"First of all, don't you bally touch me." She snapped. "I guess you can come as long as you mind your own business and we mind ours. Bracklew and I are going for Rapshade, you can get the stoat."

--

Fangfang's eyes widened. "Wait, I'm dead? Tha' would explain so much! They didn't want me t' leave because I died an' I'd scare everybeast if I left...Ohoho, this'll be fun..."
He smirked and chased Jetfur up the ship.
"Woooo, I'm dead an' I'm goin' to get ye!"

Rapshade blinked and took a step back, drawing his sword.
The sight that presented itself to him was both hilarious and terrifying.
Somebeast was actually running from Fangfang.
But it made sense since he was dead. Perhaps he should run, too.
"Jetty mate, come on, we can't let th' ghost get to us or he'll end us here an'  now."

Hickory

Jetfur unfurled his whip and leapt up the stairs to the aft deck. "Aye, mebbe will can kill 'im again! You slice 'im, I'll lash 'im!"

Ashleg

"But he's a ghost, I don't think ye can do that! ...Whatever, let's try anyway."
Rapshade growled and advanced on Fangfang and pointed his sabre at the rat.
Fang, thinking it was all a game, smirked and circled the captain.
"I know why yer back. You want revenge on me for that day, you remember now. Well... I'm not gonna let that 'appen, and Jetfur isn't, either." Rapshade threatened, lashing out with the sword.
Fang laughed and clumsily dodged it.
"What day, Cap'n?"

LT Sandpaw

"Fang!" Saltooth gawked in surprise as the little rat rushed past him. Had he not seen Fang scale the walls? There was absolutely no way he could have survived being captured by the Redwallers.

Deciding against giving chase up the ship after a potential ghost Saltooth sped off around to the prow of the ship, still curious to see what was happening. After some difficulty he scaled the prow, and perched among the ropes watching the rather one sided fight take place on deck.

~*~*~*~*~*~

It took Bracklew half a moment to slink into Duncan's dorm, and another to locate the box. Casting guilty looks over his shoulder, the young squirrel hid the daggers under his tunic. He also struck it lucky, and found a tinder box inside the box as well. Removing it, and slipping it into his pocket, the thief slunk off, taking the long way out as to avoid the meeting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Having given up waiting for One-ear some time back Rayne walked back into the Abbey meeting. Most of the creatures were looking at each other in a confused sort of way. Rayne slipped into the chair next to Grant and Duncan looking from one to the other.

"Well what did I miss?" She asked innocently.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Jetfur played with his whip menacingly. "Let's find out, shall we?"

Ashleg

"Find out what, Jetty?" Fang asked innocently, darting under Rapshade when the ferret snarled and lunged at him. Rapshade went sprawling onto the place where Fangfang had previously stood, but quickly got back on his paws.
"That's th' last time you mess with me, ghost," he threatened, swinging the sabre dangerously. "Jetfur, whip him!"
Fang grinned crookedly. "Y'can't whip me, y' can't touch me, I'm a ghost, remember?"

--

Duncan sighed.
"A lot of commotion, that's what."

Groddil

Redfang had emerged from below deck at the first sign of commotion. He scoffed.
"Ghost? He looks real t'me. Stop goin' all crazy."
He grabbed the axe from his belt and threw it at Fangfang.

One-Ear looked at the hare.
"'Kay got it, don't trust me. Fox an all that."

Mortembell called over to Rayne.
"The hedgehog we put up in the Infirmary lost his marbles, that's what. He shot up an' walked right down 'ere without help. He took off the bandages an' keeps tearing his face. Apparently he can't feel pain, an' ee's running around yelling about doom and second sight an' all that nonsense."

Ashleg

Mixy sighed and began on her way again, hoping Bracklew hadn't been waiting too long.
"It's not that, it's just that I barely know you. Are you coming or what?"

--

Fang shrieked and threw himself to the deck just as Chopper whirled by overhead.
"Yeah fine I'm not a ghost, I thought yer all playin' a game with me..." He got up and dusted himself off, measuring only up to Rapshade's chest.
The ferret looked surprised, and lowered his sabre.
"But I thought you were dead, Fang. You're supposed t' be dead, they killed you."
The small rat chuckled and walked past him, looking unphased.
He waved a paw dismissively at Rapshade. "Nah, I'm alive. T' quote th' Redwallers, they don't kill beasts there."

Groddil

One-Ear twirled the long katana.
"Course I am. Me pa's sword can do a lot of damage, and I ain't gonna deny it of that right. Say, I thought you said your friend was coming too...Bracklew, wasn't it?"

Redfang retrieved Chopper from where it stuck fast in the ship's prow.
"They don't kill beasts there, but that don't stop 'em from torturing ya. What 'appened to ya, you're all torn and bloodied."