News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Legend Of Luke - General Book Discussion

Started by Ungatt Trunn, August 21, 2013, 06:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

I've just finished re-reading The Legend Of Luke, and it was better than I remember it being! It had a real adventure feel to it, which I haven't really felt since I started reading The Hobbit. I also like how the middle of the book is about Luke, and the rest is about Martin's travels. That is probably the biggest contributor to the adventure feel of it all. I also think that the main plotline was very, VERY well done. The only one that surpasses it in my book is Martin The Warrior. Over all, I think its a great book! Comments?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Vilu Daskar

I like the best part is when it talks about Luke
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on August 21, 2013, 07:06:34 PM
I like the best part is when it talks about Luke
Yes, I think that that is one of the main highlights of the book.

Faiyloe

I thought it was well written but I didn't like how it was two different story's. Luke's story was to short and it seemed to interrupt the flow of Martins story. Martins half of the story also seemed to lack a main villein which made it lose a lot of the adventure feel. On the other hand I really liked Luke's story. It had like you said an adventure feel which I think made up for the lack of it in the other half of the book.    
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Faiyloe on August 21, 2013, 07:11:43 PM
I thought it was well written but I didn't like how it was two different story's. Luke's story was to short and it seemed to interrupt the flow of Martins story. Martins half of the story also seemed to lack a main villein which made it lose a lot of the adventure feel. On the other hand I really liked Luke's story. It had like you said an adventure feel which I think made up for the lack of it in the other half of the book.    
I sort of think the opposite. I liked how there was two different story lines. It sort of gave it the true feeling of being realistic.  :)

Emperor Ublaz

I agree with Ungatt. The double storyline was unique. No other Redwall book that I have read possesses that.
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

An' bezidez, ze book vaz zuppozed tae be aboot Luke Ze Varrior anyvay. Martin'z tvo partz lacked a villian becauze zey didnae need vone. Ze ztory vaz Luke'z, zae 'iz vaz ze vone viz ze main villian in it.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Faiyloe

I think what I was trying to say was that Martins story took up most of the book and with out a villein I lost interest before I could get to the good stuff. I really wish he had made Luke's story longer.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

I like Folgrim and Chugger's friendship in the book

Tam and Martin

No offense to all those who liked it but it is near the bottom for my list of favorite Redwall books. I't good yes! but not as good as the others I think.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on August 22, 2013, 03:51:39 PM
o offense to all those who liked it but it is near the bottom for my list of favorite Redwall books. I't good yes! but not as good as the others I think.
Its currently my number 2 book...but we all have different opinions. :)

The Shade

Quote from: Faiyloe on August 22, 2013, 12:46:56 AM
I think what I was trying to say was that Martins story took up most of the book and with out a villein I lost interest before I could get to the good stuff. I really wish he had made Luke's story longer.

Same, I really liked Lukes adventure, and wished it was longer... :P
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Faiyloe on August 21, 2013, 07:11:43 PM
I thought it was well written but I didn't like how it was two different story's. Luke's story was to short and it seemed to interrupt the flow of Martins story.
But the main point of Martin's side of the adventure was to find out what happened to his father.

Russano the Wise

Right now The Legend of Luke is one of my favorite Redwall books. When I first read it a long time ago I didn't think much about it. It was a good book but not one of my favorites. But when I re-read it a month or two ago I really loved it. Luke had some great quotes and the book also contained one of my favorite Redwall quotes ever. You can see it in my signature.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Russano the Wise on August 22, 2013, 06:56:51 PM
Right now The Legend of Luke is one of my favorite Redwall books. When I first read it a long time ago I didn't think much about it. It was a good book but not one of my favorites. But when I re-read it a month or two ago I really loved it. Luke had some great quotes and the book also contained one of my favorite Redwall quotes ever. You can see it in my signature.
I think that quote was the best one in the whole book! True wisdom it had to it. :)