News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanquol

"I control the vastest territory in the world. I won't relinquish it. Even if it's blood-smeared and defiled... this world belongs to me. I'll reign over this unclean world as a demon king and rebel against god."

-Emperor Ganishka

Sebias of Redwall

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." ~ Saint Teresa of Calcutta
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on December 24, 2019, 09:21:16 PM
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." ~ Saint Teresa of Calcutta
We read a book about her. She was an amazingly compassionate woman.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on December 25, 2019, 02:41:46 AM
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on December 24, 2019, 09:21:16 PM
We read a book about her. She was an amazingly compassionate woman.
Yeah. She's pretty awesome.

"The future starts today, not tomorrow."

"It is Jesus that you seek when you dream of happiness; He is waiting for you when nothing else you find satisfies you; He is the beauty to which you are so attracted; it is He who provoked you with that thirst for fullness that will not let you settle for compromise; it is He who urges you to shed the masks of a false life; it is He who reads in your heart your most genuine choices, the choices that others try to stifle."
~ both by St John Paul II

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

"I draw a line here in the ground. Step over it."
"No. What are you going to do about it?"
"Nothing. You're on my side now."
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

A government is only as good as the people who uphold it; they, as good as their creed; it,  as their belief; that, as it's object.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

"I didn't think it would end this way.

End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

What? Gandalf? See what?

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Well, that isn't so bad.

No. No, it isn't."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.

Revenge of the Sith novelisation, by Matt Stover
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Sebias of Redwall

"CORRECT, LITTLE VIXEN. YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF ALL TOO WELL. NOW ASK UP BEFORE I GET BORED." ~ The NARRATOR, A Realm Reborn by MathLuk.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

We can't go back, Mat. The Wheel has turned, for better or worse. And it will keep turning, as lights die and forests dim, storms call and skies break. Turn it will. The Wheel is not hope, and the Wheel does not care, the Wheel simply is. But so long as it turns, folk may hope, folk may care. For with light that fades, another will eventually grow, and each storm that rages must eventually die. As long as the Wheel turns. As long is it turns....

Thom Merillin, The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brendan Sanderson

Sebias of Redwall

"A day may come when the courage of men fails... but it is not THIS day."
– Aragorn

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

How do you fight someone smarter than yourself? The answer is simple. You make her think that you are sitting down across the table from her, ready to play her game. Then you punch her in the face as hard as you can.

Rand al'Thor (after 'punching' someone so hard that reality broke), The Gathering Storm, Robert Jordan and Brendan Sanderson

Sebias of Redwall

Lol. I like that one...

"Arise! Arise, riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword-day, a red day... ere the Sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin... and the world's ending! Death! Death! DEATH! FORTH EORLINGAS!"

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

Do not trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.

-Siuan Sanche, The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan

Sebias of Redwall

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Sons of Gondor... of Rohan... my brothers! I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship... but it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down... but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear, on this good earth, I bid you STAND, MEN OF THE WEST!"

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!