when rose dies
when the hares died in marial
skarlarth
rockjaw death and russa nordreays
shoggs death

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

AbbotAlf0805

Martin the Warrior for me.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Redwallfan7

I know. Martin and Rose could have had a romantic ending if she hadn't died  :'(
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Pearls of Lutra nearly made me cry.  I didn't like how they killed off some of the characters.  It was just a sad story.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Mattimeo was also sad... WarBeak was an awesome sparrow, and she died
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

WildDoogyPlumm

Probably Triss.  She loses so many of the creatures she cares about: her dad, Drufo, and Shogg.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Tiria Wildlough

But she made up for all that by being a Mary Sue!
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

What's a Mary Sue? I've heard the term before but don't know the meaning.
Martin the Warrior hands down.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Capn Greypatch

Outcast was pretty sad...I really loved Skarlath. And even Veil's death was pretty sad; he wasn't all bad in the end.

Bragoon and Saro's death in Loamhedge seems to be a popular answer too...and I would have to agree. Gotta love those two.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Redwallfan7

A mary sue is a character (most of the time a girl) who feels like she needs to rely on other people or constantly cling to other people to make her feel safe. At least, that's what I think the definition is. In my opinion, the only real Mary Sue I've met in the Redwall series is Celandine.

Dannflower Reguba

Thank you for the descriptive definition... WHERE  DID THE IDEA THAT TRISS IS A MARY SUE COME FROM!!!  ???  :o

Redwallfan7

I don't know... A lot of people say that both her and Rose are Mary sues, but I disagree. Rose wasn't constantly all "I knew my hero would come back" like Celandine was.

Flandor

Actually, a better definition of a Mary Sue is "little miss perfect." She's pretty, a fearless warrior, super lucky, gets the handsome guy, is envied by everyone etc.  Tiria or melanda MacBurl are good examples, in my opinion.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Dannflower Reguba

Thank you. That's what I thought when I heard the term first... To be honest I greatly dislike Tiria from The High Rhulain that's her book right? Because she is the most god-moded character in the books.  ;D (RP terms, sorry)