News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Would you Rather?

Started by martins#1fan, July 18, 2011, 10:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

Turkey. I hate eating ham, although I do like it.

Would you rather walk up to a stranger and say "Poyo!", or walk up to a stranger and say "Weasels!"?
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Walk up to a stranger and say 'Poyo!.' Weasels are annoying.

Would you rather debate on the topic of Creation vs. Evolution for five hours, or debate on the subject of Redwall vs. Lord of the Rings for a year?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'd have tae say choice A. Ah like Redwall and Lord of the Rings greatly, and ah widnae like to ruin that with a debate about which is better or somethin' like tha'.

Wid ye rather be a Bene Gesserit or a cymek?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

James Gryphon

Since I'm a male, there's really only one possible response to that question.

Would you rather spend twenty-four hours alone, or spend a day constantly surrounded by strangers?
« Subject to editing »

winifred

24 hours alone to do what I like with!!! :) would you rather:go to your favorite amusement park or spend a day with close friends?
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Nightfire

Choice B, obviously. I have really great friends, and I would never pass them up for a roller coaster or something.

Would you rather get a sugar hangover or have a coffee headache?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Plugg Firetail

Sugar hangover. I hate coffee.

Would you rather have siblings or be an only child?

James Gryphon

That's an interesting question to ask, and I might have some insight into it since I have experienced both conditions, to an extent -- I have two sisters who're much older than I am, so they were in the house when I was young, then moved out as I grew older, and now I don't see either of them as much.

The one thing I've wondered what it'd be like to have siblings closer to my age, since I don't have any and never have. Right now, I suspect I would dislike it, because it doesn't give me as much leeway to do what I want... but that's where there's the catch.

As someone interested in alternate history, I'm acutely aware that a seemingly minor event can have a profound impact on someone's life. There are a lot of things I could've done differently in my own, some better, most worse.

If you had a sibling, though, where there previously was none, that changes everything, and adds in a myriad of possibilities. You might get along great; you might have an ongoing rivalry. It also matters whether they're a brother or a sister -- and, of course, you might even be twins, which adds another layer of detail. If you're identical, do you embrace your conformity with your sibling or abhor it?

The fact is that having siblings deeply impacts who you are as a person; it's likely that even your personality would be a bit different, as a result of having someone with you all the time, for better or for worse, and of course, the same applies for the alternative of being an only child.

So I can't give a conclusive answer to this question. Since I have siblings, I would rather have siblings, spaced away from me as they are; if I was an only child, I would rather be alone and unsurpassed. I don't think anyone can even really guess as to what would be better for them.

Would you rather slack off, while playing a team sport, and lose, or give 100%, take an injury, and win?
« Subject to editing »

Icefire

Give 100%, take an injury, and win

Would you rather eat a whole thing of butter or a whole thing of margarine?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

Umm, neither, to be honest, but if I was FORCED to, then I would choose butter. No idea why, though.

Would you rather be a fugitive on the run from Luke Cardassia, or Luke Cardassia hunting a fugitive?

James Gryphon

Who?

Would you rather have legal ownership of all the water on Earth or all the gold on Earth?
« Subject to editing »

Plugg Firetail

All the gold. Then I could buy all of the water.Would you rather grin or smile.

Captain Tammo

Smile. Would you rather be able to read minds, or be able to turn invisible
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nightfire

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 20, 2011, 06:38:48 PM
Who?

He's a bounty hunter from my fanfiction. Could ye jest answer?

And I would rather turn invisible, because I'm pretty good at reading people already.

Would you rather be an insane wildcat or an insane mouse?

Icefire

Wildcat!

Would you rather be the most beautiful person in the world, but have no singing ability or be the greatest singer in the world and be....well....not so beautiful?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!