The (Hypothetical) Next Redwall Champion

Started by Matthias720, September 23, 2011, 02:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Dotti on January 04, 2012, 02:40:16 AM
Quote from: Mad Maudie on October 31, 2011, 04:19:07 PM

Personally i would have liked to see it a girl Squirrel who lives in redwall and was about to make her final vows when the Vermin attack so it gets postponed but she ends up finding she is a warrior and does not take her last vows just an idea i've had for a little while 
Er, what vows would those be?  Marriage? 

I think she's talking about the final vows you make before entering a convent. In the first Redwall book, the abbey was an order of brothers and sisters, but as the series went on, that aspect was lost.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

It wasn't lost, except that it doesn't specifically say that they took vows and all that.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

mattimouse20

the mice are old news. Bring in the badgers!
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Skipper

i think badgers would have been an odd choice, i prefer the hares and squirrels as the redwall warriors

BadgerLordFiredrake

Quote from: Dotti on September 27, 2011, 02:39:38 AM
Quote from: Janglur Swifteye on September 25, 2011, 10:42:18 PM
Also, I think it would be cool to have a champion/abbot
Hmm, an interesting idea, but I think it might be rather impractical.  The Abbot has to think of all of the ocupants of Redwall since he is responsible for them.  As champion AND abbot, his death would be completely devastating to Redwall.  It probably wouldn't be wise to have both positions filled by one beast.  However, it's a cool idea!

What about Arven?
baby turtle forever

Blademaster

Hmmm a mole who speaks perfect english. (Is that to much to ask.) ;D
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Bragoon

Blademaster, in The Bellmaker there was a mole who could.  I can't recall his name, since I don't actually own the Bellmaker at present. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

mattimouse20

otters. there like the wild,outback,lousiana types. always livin on the edge!
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Bragoon

A shrew would be interesting.  Finally a case in which Martin's sword is big for a character instead of small.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

I think it would have been interesting to read.

ilovemariel

how 'bout an adopted vermin (a sable!), It's already been done, but I think Brian Jaques should have given 'em another chance, deep down I'm sure there's no evil!
Old stories told by travellers, Great songs that bards have sung, Of Mossflower summers, faded, gone, When Redwall's stones were young. Great Hall fires on winter nights,
The legends, who remembers,Battles, banquets, comrades, quests,Recalled midst glowing embers.Draw close now, little woodlander

Melody

Quote from: ilovemariel on January 18, 2012, 11:29:52 AM
how 'bout an adopted vermin (a sable!), It's already been done, but I think Brian Jaques should have given 'em another chance, deep down I'm sure there's no evil!

Yes like Veil, he just needed love.

Bragoon

Mr. Jacques said Veil was either good or evil, but he left it up to the reader to decide.  Personally, I think he wouldn't have found a place at Redwall, he was too impulsive, which then would make him unfit to be a Redwall Warrior.