News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebantu the Kararehe

Spoiler Alert: If you have not read The Return of the King, do not read this quote.
Spoiler
  "Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!"
  A cold voice answered: "Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."
  A sword rang as it was drawn. "Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may."
  "Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
  The Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel. "But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him."
[close]
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Sebias of Redwall

"Don't walk in front of me... I may not follow
Don't walk behind me... I may not lead
Walk beside me... just be my friend"
― Albert Camus

"Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."
― C.S. Lewis

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."
― Mark Twain

"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you."
― Elbert Hubbard

"I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light."
― Helen Keller

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

—John Rogers

Merida_of_redwall

I am black hole of snacks. I am a snack hole.

Barry Allen Justice league

Barry Allen:Right, right, but we mean bring him back in like a 'yay,he's back! way not in like a Pet Sematary scenario

Thanquol

"I'm a survivor, Black Lung. A survivor. That's all there is, living and dying."

-Micah Bell

Sebias of Redwall

"Always try to learn from other people's mistakes, not your own- it is much cheaper that way!" ~Donald Trump

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Hickory

Quote from: Thanquol on May 03, 2020, 06:12:10 AM
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

—John Rogers
I wish this were less true. Ayn Rand's works go beyond making a bad name for political fiction – it actually spreads a bad political philosophy and contributes to the creation of teenagers who think themselves more politically wise than they are.

-----

"It appears that the devastation we brought upon ourselves was complete. Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory were atomized as well. When a soul leaves the body, it has nowhere to go and must remain here in the Metro. A harsh, yet not undeserved atonement for our sins, wouldn't you agree?"

–Khan, Metro 2033
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Sebias of Redwall

"Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us." ― Brian Jacques, Taggerung.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Captain Wortshire

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage. You may be destined to become the hero of legend...but your current power would disgrace the proud green of the hero's tunic you wear. You must use your courage to seek power...and find it you must. Only then will you become the hero for whom this world despairs." - The Hero's Shade, Twilight Princess.
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Sebias of Redwall

"Pieces, as with people, are expendable. No one is irreplaceable." ~Viggo Grimborn, HTTYD: Race to the Edge.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets.

"In the end, these... civilized people. When the chips are down, they'll eat each other. Ya see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Thanquol

"Them elves ain't that scary. Deyz just stunties who'z a bit taller."

-Grom the Paunch

Sebias of Redwall

"Nothing is easy, but who wants nothing?" -Donald Trump.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"We see that which was and thus we know your secrets. We see that which shall be and thus we know your fate. The now is trivial to us- we know the day we perish is not this day."

—Kairos Fateweaver

Captain Wortshire

"We have nothing if not belief." - Reepicheep, Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]