Main Menu

Continuity errors

Started by Janglur Swifteye, August 18, 2011, 09:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Janglur Swifteye on August 21, 2011, 04:45:27 AM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 19, 2011, 02:45:26 AM
Quote from: Janglur Swifteye on August 18, 2011, 09:48:53 PM
Has anyone noticed that baby Buffle (Loamhedge), the shrewbabe, is a mousebabe at the end of the book? Does anyone have anymore examples like these?

Ha' dae ye ken tha' there waznae both a zhrew an' a mouze by the name of Buffle?

'Cause they talk in the same way, so it ccan't be two different babes, because buffle had that unique style of talking.

Accordin' tae yer argument then, it cannae be two different beastz who happen tae both have "that unique style of talking" common tae Northlanderz, zimply becauze there cannae be two creaturez with the zame name an' accent.

It may nay be probable, but tiz nay impozzible.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Griffen

truly speaking, Mr. Jacques made up hundreds of new names, and amazing story lines... so the fact that he messed up a few times doesn't amaze me, but when i read the books sometimes it i funny to notice the mix up lol

Skyblade

Redwall actually has very few errors considering what a long series it is, and compared to some other books.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 24, 2011, 06:15:12 PM
I was reading Rakkety Tam the other day, and at one point it called Didjety a shrewwife, even though she is a vole...
I winced whenever I heard that in the audiobook.

Anyone notice how Abbot Thibb is a squirrel in the beginning of The Rogue Crew but is referred to as a mouse by the end of the book?
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

MatthiasMan

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on June 20, 2012, 10:47:21 AM
Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 24, 2011, 06:15:12 PM
I was reading Rakkety Tam the other day, and at one point it called Didjety a shrewwife, even though she is a vole...
I winced whenever I heard that in the audiobook.

Anyone notice how Abbot Thibb is a squirrel in the beginning of The Rogue Crew but is referred to as a mouse by the end of the book?
I knew I wasn't crazy!

TaggHero

Actually, I registered here to ask about or discuss a continuity error.  I am currently reading The Sable Quean for the first time, which I am thoroughly enjoying as I always do with the Redwall series, but I am having trouble reconciling what happens when Skipper and Soogum go to question Globby. 

At the end of the chapter, it says he sees them coming into the Abbey and then it leaves it at that and goes on like Jacques does to follow the other travelers.  However, the next time we see the Redwallers, Skipp's out in the woodlands and Soogum is out with the others, looking up at the attic window where Globby's hiding as if they had no idea he had escaped and whatnot.

I went back and reread it a couple of times in order to make sure I wasn't reading things incorrectly, and I've tried to come up with reasons why Skipper and Soogum would simply go about their business after going to interrogate Globby.  After all, had they gone to talk to him, they would have found him missing, which means they would probably go looking for him and find him, am I right?  I highly doubt a warrior like Skipper would let a vermin run around Redwall unchecked.  Nevertheless, where I am at so far (Globby has just died), Skipper and Soogum seemed to not notice he was gone at all.  Do they address this later or anything?
There is no valid reason why people should walk the streets in fear and concern the way they have to.  I consider it part of my life's work to remedy the situation.

WildDoogyPlumm

In High Rhulain, Cuthbert thinks he's taking an otter named Tilly to Green Isle, but once when he's addressing the Patrol he refers to her as "Lady Tiria."
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Matthias720

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on July 02, 2012, 11:28:24 AM
In High Rhulain, Cuthbert thinks he's taking an otter named Tilly to Green Isle, but once when he's addressing the Patrol he refers to her as "Lady Tiria."
Well you have to keep in mind that Cuthbert isn't all there. He most likely already knows Tiria's name, but says Tilly for the sake of his "character" as a sea-otter captain.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 02, 2012, 12:58:13 PM
Well you have to keep in mind that Cuthbert isn't all there. He most likely already knows Tiria's name, but says Tilly for the sake of his "character" as a sea-otter captain.
No, he misheard Log-a-Log and thought he'd said "Tilly".  Even when he's an LP Major, he still calls Tiria "Tilly".

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 02, 2012, 12:58:13 PM
Yeah, he probably found out her real name when she corrected him, but pretended not to care.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

in Mattimeo, I think Cynthia switches from being a vole to a mouse a few times
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Leatho Shellhound

well the tapestry is in most books but two books (the Legend of luke and Mariel of Redwall)  tell a different story of how Martin in the tapestry was made.

In the Legend of luke it was a picture of luke's father.....in Mariel of Redwall they (the redwallers) make Martin.....I know that because Dandin chose the color of his face.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

In Loamhege, the two weasle brothers that were in Baddred's gang were said to be Ferrets at one point in the book.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on July 04, 2012, 07:24:18 PM
In Loamhege, the two weasle brothers that were in Baddred's gang were said to be Ferrets at one point in the book.
Really? I've never noticed that before.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Felldoh154

How do you guys catch all this  :o
I have read All the books at least once and many more than once and I never caught any of these!