Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

@James Gryphon: Ever going to take down the old news bar?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

James Gryphon

@Sagetip: Which one is the "old" one? ;) The one on the front page, or the one above the buttons?
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Above the buttons. It seems a little obsolete.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

James Gryphon

Well, only on the front page. Everywhere else, there's no other news function that I can see.
« Subject to editing »

Maudie

Is there a master post of all possible awards somewhere?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Cornflower MM

Is the new Recent Posts thing down at the bottom temporary? Not a fan.

Maudie

Is there any way to see whether a poll that you've created is locked or unlocked?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

James Gryphon

Quote from: Peony on January 08, 2017, 03:30:40 PM
Is the new Recent Posts thing down at the bottom temporary? Not a fan.
I thought we'd try it out and see what the reaction's like.

Quote from: Maudie on January 09, 2017, 08:31:43 PM
Is there any way to see whether a poll that you've created is locked or unlocked?
It's unfortunately pretty subtle, but if you look at the poll icon on the top left (to the left of where it says "Poll" on the topic page), there's a lock on it when the poll is locked.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Is there a theme that doesn't use the original RAF buttons? I like the Loamhedge ones better. :p

Maudie

It looks like on they're on Core, but some other parts of the forum don't work on Core. Like mentions.

Edit: Nevermind! They work, you just don't see them at the top of the page.

Ashleg

Yo Jams, how easy would it be to make customizable profiles?
If you don't know what I mean I can show you what I mean.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Groddil on January 10, 2017, 09:13:55 PM
Is there a theme that doesn't use the original RAF buttons? I like the Loamhedge ones better. :p
Can't win for losing sometimes. ;)

The fallback theme is up and probably will be for quite some time, but it's worth noting that I don't have plans at this point to actively develop it, meaning it probably won't get future theme updates (though for some people that might be a feature). I intend to try to make sure it remains compatible with new mods and things that show up, but it's not something I plan to spend a lot of time on; the trouble of maintaining two Core-based themes is exactly why I merged the themes together and started the thing with the theme styles a few months ago.

In the long run, of course, I would like to get a theme that's good for mobile devices, so when that comes up you'll have the option of choosing it over the default theme if you want to.

Quote from: Ashleg on January 16, 2017, 05:13:04 PM
Yo Jams, how easy would it be to make customizable profiles?
If you don't know what I mean I can show you what I mean.
I'm afraid I'll need you to elaborate on this a bit more.
« Subject to editing »

Rosie Willowwater

How do you make your profile picture a gif?

Ashleg

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on January 27, 2017, 06:24:50 PM
How do you make your profile picture a gif?

You upload the gif like any other profile picture. It's exactly the same.

((I used to always have gifs as my profile picture)).

Kitsune

@James Gryphon: There used to be a thing where you could ignore PMs from specific people. I can't seem to find it, is it still a thing?