News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

You've been ambushed! [Boss Hayes Event]

Started by Boss Hayes, March 15, 2020, 08:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Fortunately, the custard(?) seems to do the trick with half of the monitors. Unfortunately, there are five more, plus the big monitor at the back, who are still very much bent on your destruction. Spears lowered, they charge. They're looking for blood!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Kreg

"HEY!" Kreg yelled at the lizards, still armed "Look over here!" Kreg said while charging at the monitors with his frying pan up for guard and his kitchen knife ready.
You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer gathered up the spears of the six lizards who were moaning on the floor, trying to get the awful taste of the aloe mixture out of their mouths and cradle their stomachs at the same time. Spinning neatly, the Taniwha tossed a spear to each of her comrades before standing ready, facing the charging lizards with grim silence. She really hoped her friends knew what way up to hold a spear and she inwardly thanked adrenaline, noting that her wound was still bleeding quite badly. She was the forum monster. Nobeast would be allowed to usurp her position.
Judging the time was right, Teer lowered her spear and neatly deflected the spear point that was aiming for her chest, taking the opportunity to repoiste. Fencing was a different kind of sport but it had its similarities, and the taniwha knew how to use them to her best advantage.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Cornflower MM

The large monitor lizard still hadn't noticed Corn, and sh was almost close enough to be slashed in the face with his spear. Honestly, who let him be in charge? He's gonna put his own eye out, or slice his foot off. She thought crossly, glaring at his foot. She'd been surprised to see two keys dangling, not just the one, and that made her job that much harder. At any rate, she wasn't going to be able to carry out her original plan.

She looked around for a weapon she could use just in time for Teer to have thrown one in her general direction and she silently thanked her stars. She wasn't sure if the boss lizard had seen, though, so she froze, hoping to go as unnoticed as possible.

OOC: Dunno if that was part of your plan, Teer, but I'm taking the opportunity XD

Kreg

Kreg blocked the spear Teer tossed to him, in fear of it being an monitor attacking him. The spear drops to the ground almost stabbing Kreg in the foot. Kreg in an intense battle with one of the monitors gets grappled to the floor. Kreg holds up his frying pan trying to block the attacks. "I-I can't die now! I'm too young to die!" Kreg thought to himself. Worrying that this is his last chance at life he makes a last resort. His frying pan was severely damaged by now so he smashes it on the head of the monitor shattering it. He thought if it would break soon it might as well be him who breaks it.

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer knocked one lizard to the side and pushed through the line, stabbing out at anything scaly, catching one lizard on the backside and sending him flying to reveal Kreg, who had just smashed hs frying pan on the same lizard's head. Smiling, the taniwha picked the fallen spear up and passed it to Kreg, helping the young beast to his footpaws.
"I gave you the spear for a reason, silly chook."
Turning to face the backs of the vermin line, Teer started fighting again, laying about with the shaft of her spear as much as with the point. She was used to using a taiha, which was basically the same shape and balance as a spear shaft. This fight was a good opportunity to practice her skills.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Booklover nodded her thanks as Teer tossed her a spear. She'd managed to stay out of the action so far, but now was time to act. She charged forward, using her momentum to knock one of the remaining monitor's spears away, and stabbed at it.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

lass of something much

With a small whimper Lass rejoined the fray ignoring wounds for now, she slashed at the vermin, trying to deflect as many blows as possible, with this new weapon.
"Man, I really need to get some practise in..."
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Tammo

@Cornflower MM was totally unnoticed by the giant lizard... BUT... In its flailing about, and with just the right arc of its spear butt, and with strange coincidental timing, the butt of the lizard's spear came stinging into Corn's cheek. Not hard enough to really hurt, but it would definitely leave a red mark like a heavy slap.

The lizard had not been expecting this. It was too busy hissing at the other monitors who were still hovering around the custard(?) in the corner. The big lizard's spear dropped to the floor. Stunned for the smallest moment, I stared at Corn in a beat of dumb silence.

In the corner, the custard(?) was starting to run out. One by one, the monitors - now with full stomachs - gave belches (which sounded more like strangled hisses) and started reaching for their arms again. The hisses almost sounded like they were saying, "that was delicious. Welp, back to work... For Boss Hayes!!!"
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Kreg

"Thanks." Kreg said while Teer handed him a spear.  Kreg was getting up from his previous predicament and noticed... the giant lizard dropped his spear! In a frenzy Kreg threw his kitchen knife to the ground and grabbed the spear. Now with the lizard unarmed he might be able to be taken on. "But how will I fight now?" he thought "I can't fight with two spears." He put the extra spear behind him on a wall and did whatever he could to keep the giant lizard away from it.

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Kade Rivok

Kade, the large Otterbadger, appeared on the scene.  Taking things in with a quick glance, it looked like there were two sets of lizards being handled in very different ways.  On one side was Teer and Kreg (and maybe others, hard to tell at this point) fighting a group, and on the other was another group focusing on custard and Verdauga (and maybe others, hard to tell at this point).  He noticed in the back, though, Cornflower seemed to be in a bit of trouble as a large lizard, possibly the leader, seemed to hover over her.  Deciding quickly, he silently dashed past the two groups of preoccupied lizards and barreled straight for who he assumed to be the leader, intending to tackle him and bring him to the floor.  Kade only hoped that the lizard would be too surprised to be able to call out for help.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Captain Tammo

The big lizard was blindsided by Kade's tackle. Any air that would have been used to hiss an alarm was knocked out of its chest with an empty "fwugh!" less audible than the noise of the two bodies hitting the floor. The big lizard struggled, but it was clear it had been beaten... unless?

Trying to catch it's breath, the big lizard struggled to let out a hiss to its cohorts.

Verdauga

Feeling like he had blinked and missed a lot of action, Verdauga dodged the spear tossed to him by Shisteer. grabbing it with his off-hand, he started chopping at the lizards with Thomasbane and stabbing them with the spear.
"For Redwall!"
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

Gaining an advantageous position on top of the lizard leader, Kade attempted to put his left forearm across the vermin's throat and press him hard against the floor.  With his other paw, he began raining blows on the creature's head, muttering, "Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep."
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Cornflower MM

Corn stared back at the lizard, hardly daring to blink. "Uh, hi?" She offered with a weak smile. She raised a paw in a small wave, still down on the floor. His spear had dropped to the floor within her reach and she tried to gauge the timing, whether or not she should go for it first.

It was then that Kade appeared, and Corn took advantage of the distraction to scramble to her paws, grabbing the spear in the process. She had no idea how to use it, and awkwardly held it, spearhead aimed at the mess of Kade and monitor lizard, trying to keep an eye on the other lizards.