News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Holiday

Started by martins#1fan, July 07, 2011, 06:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is it?

Christmas
18 (72%)
Easter
7 (28%)
Independence Day
6 (24%)
Halloween
0 (0%)
Thanksgiving
7 (28%)
St. Valintines Day
1 (4%)
St. Patricks Day
2 (8%)
New Years
3 (12%)
SuperBowl Sunday
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: July 05, 2012, 06:30:20 PM

UNKN0WN

I dressed as a ninja (black attire and mask)  8)

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

UNKN0WN

Rainshadow

I made a topic where we can continue this discussion.  And another holiday I like is Thanksgiving, because I get to see my whole family.  Plus the turkey and the pickles.  Those are good too.  Oh, and the pies.  Yeaaahhh.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

My favorites are Christmas and Easter!

Redwallfan7

Christmas! It's awesome to celebrate Jesus Christ!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dreamer

~Dreamer~

Redwaller

Dreamer

~Dreamer~

Rainshadow

Triple amen!  :D  I also like Christmas because, again, I get to see a bunch of my family.  I don't get to see them often (only on holidays, pretty much), so it's great to see them.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tam and Martin

I like Christmas 'cause you get to see alot of family. Thanksgiving I like because of the food!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 07, 2012, 03:40:05 AM
  Triple amen!  :D  I also like Christmas because, again, I get to see a bunch of my family.  I don't get to see them often (only on holidays, pretty much), so it's great to see them.
I also like it for the cookies! Especially gingerbread  :)

Ungatt Trunn

My Birthday is just two days after St. Patricks day (in other words, my birthday is tomorrow!), but I think Christmas is the best holiday.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Tam and Martin on December 07, 2012, 10:59:47 PM
I like Christmas 'cause you get to see alot of family. Thanksgiving I like because of the food!

Yes! Christmas because I LOVE seeing the looks on my familys face's when they what I get them...Getting things is nice, don't get me wrong! But I like because of what I just said! Thanksgiving is nice, by my B-day is my second! Mainly because of the party! I know, I'm a weird Pre-teen, or 'tween'!

MeadowR

Unfortunately I cannot vote. However:

Christmas is the only holiday of those we really celebrate. More to the point, several of those aren't even really holidays here. I'm not a huge fan of Christmas now as I've got older and the magic has worn away, yet the traditional will remain of family, gifts, food!, etc. :)

Easter is a naughty excuse to eat more chocolate! :p We do try to have a nice walk on Easter Day, though.

St Patrick's Day is just an excuse for people to drink. To be fair, so to some, is New Years Eve/Day. Where's the special holiday in that? Why really would people latch on to this Saint more than others? Especially those not Irish! Although the original Patrick (or type of people of which Patrick was based off) was more likely from Britain than Ireland.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014