News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favourite Songs?

Started by Nightfire, October 11, 2011, 11:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 28, 2013, 08:39:45 AM
You should look up music created for Commodore 64 games / demos - that was the best computer of the 1980s and had a specific music chip (back in the days when the Windows PC could just about make a beep) that was well used by many people. It's amazing what some of the music creators managed to do with a computer that by today's standards had such a miniscule amount fo RAM memory! The later Commodore Amiga also had some excellent game music. :)
It's funny that you mention that.  My family actually owns a Commodore 64 (that still works!)  I'd grown up playing it, and then when I was about 10 I hadn't been playing with it as much so we put it away in the basement.  I brought it out last summer, and now as a computer major and gamer I'm very interested in it again.
I started playing the Tetris game we had on it; never had really done it before for some reason.  That one in particular has pretty cool music.  It's not Korobeniki like you always hear on Tetris nowadays - it's an original, 26-minute-long track.  I just listened to it one day at work this week.

This video has that music.  It doesn't sound exactly the same as hearing it on the actual computer, but at least it doesn't have weird filtering like most of the other videos recorded on an emulator do.

KitrallStreamrippler

I always have too many favorites, but right now I really like "Through The Fire And Flames" by Dragonforce. It is excellent.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Tam and Martin

There are so many songs I can't decide ;)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Maudie

My absolute favorite song is "Happy Together" sung by the Nylons. Josh Groban's "Remember When It Rained" is a close second, as is "Wunderkind" from the Disney Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe soundtrack.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Mask on July 09, 2013, 03:00:42 AM
My absolute favorite song is "Happy Together" sung by the Nylons. Josh Groban's "Remember When It Rained" is a close second, as is "Wunderkind" from the Disney Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe soundtrack.
I like Wunderkind. Have you heard Can't take it in? That's another great one from the soundtrack.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

SPSF kodachorm otter7486