News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lego: (non Redwall)

Started by Griffen, July 02, 2012, 05:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what should we build first? (give me ideas so i can add them)

ship (water)
8 (28.6%)
ship (air)
5 (17.9%)
ship (space)
12 (42.9%)
car
1 (3.6%)
city
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

I was simply responding to Rock.  ::)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

But he didn't say anything about Halo...

Hickory

Read the fineprint.

(on rock's post)

Of course, fine print should always be read, especially should you be considering purchasing an item that is large in size and in price, such as an automobile, or of high specialty or importance, like a weapon. Fine print is important, however boring. You will suffer through. It is inevitable.

Jetthebinturong

I did read the fineprint but I didn't register the Halo part I guess.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 06, 2015, 07:23:45 PM
I found a company called Sheng Yuan (Based in China) That makes there own minifigures based off of various LEGO brands. For example, I got a set of 4 LEGO knights/archers, 1 LEGO knight captain sorta guy, A LEGO medieval knight jouster that comes with a lance, The LEGO King, And a LEGO Horse for about $6.50.  Even though they make the Legos themselves the quality is exactly the same in my opinion.

Sorry for my bad medieval usage.. I'm quickly typing this since I'm in the middle of playing Halo.

They're not LEGO, they're knockoffs. You don't support the LEGO company by buying any of these, but you support their rivals.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

CaptainRocktree

I've given enough money to LEGO to last a lifetime... Yes these are knock-offs, But they are exactly the same. And they are not rivals with LEGO. They sell in places such as Malaysia where LEGO's are either really expensive or don't exist.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 07, 2015, 03:41:03 AM
I've given enough money to LEGO to last a lifetime... Yes these are knock-offs, But they are exactly the same. And they are not rivals with LEGO. They sell in places such as Malaysia where LEGO's are either really expensive or don't exist.

Yes they are. They fill the gap where LEGO can't be bought/ afforded, and thus are direct competition. But Kre-o and Megabloks are what's most likely to cause LEGO a massive headache.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

I have little knoledge of the timeline but building block toys are not original to the Lego company. Everyone knows that.