News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Here we are RP

Started by The Skarzs, July 10, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

OOC: Okay, I'll try to keep them closer to reality. Thanks!

BIC: Skarzs walked back to the table after thanking the Abbess. "Good news, guys: We can stay. I mean, not that I think we wouldn't be allowed to, but. . . Hey, where'd Cress go?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn finished nibbling on her last piece of bread when Skarzs walked over, and she blinked. "I didn't think us not staying was a possible thing. Um, she took her and Jukka's dishes and headed that way." The squirrel nodded her head as an indication. "She said something about kitchen duty? Anyway, what now?" Now that Corn's bottomless pit of a stomach had been appeased, she was quite curious about the Abbey and the grounds. She'd always wondered how big everything was and where everything was. Besides, there was a little niggling thought in the back of her head that maybe shouldn't be discussed around the Redwallers.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka gave an awkward chuckle at Dan's words as she peered over at Skarzs.  Luckily, before she had to decide whether to go over there or not, Skarzs returned and announced that they could stay.

"Anyway, what now?" Corn inquired.

"I just wanna explore," Jukka said excitedly, getting to her feet - no, her footpaws.  (Was she ever going to get used to this?)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

"Same here," Skarzs said in agreement. "I want to see the. . . Well, everything. Though, I think this could almost ruin my imagination of the place."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn stood up as well, smiling. "Well, knowing what it actually looks like is better than imagining it! To me, anyway." She reached over to gently poke Dann, "You comin'?"

Dannflower Reguba

Dann nodded his head at Skarz's return, but couldn't find a space to squeeze in a question about the interactions the cougar had just had. Exploration seemed to be the name of the game now, not that he had any objection to that, as he was curious himself. At the same time, he also wished to find an opportunity to pose some questions himself. His head was just coming out of the clouds when Corn poked him at which point he fell over without a word.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

"My gosh, are you alright?" cried Skarzs, grasping Dan under his arms and pulling him up. Did he pass out? Corn couldn't have hit him hard enough to knock him over. "What happened?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn gave an alarmed squeak, her eyes wide as Dann toppled over. It took a moment for her brain to compute and she started giggling, having to sit back down. "Oh goodness, I didn't think you'd actually..." She trailed off into another fit of laughter. "I'm sorry, you didn't hit anything did you?" She grinned at Dann before catching sight of Skarzs's completely confused and concerned expression and almost started giggling like a maniac again.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka gasped and took a step back, looking between her friends in confusion.  Corn was giggling crazily.

"Uh, what just happened?" she asked.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dannflower Reguba

Dann could feel Skarz lifting him, and couldn't hold a quiet snort, but once Corn figured out what had happened, he lost it as well. After a brief period of wheezy laughter, he attempted to calm himself to explain the goings on to their companions.... through assorted chortles that is, "Well you see, Corn has this nasty habit of poking me on Discord all the time. As it were, I developed three primary reactions, falling over, dying, and ceasing to exist altogether. Given that two of these reactions are less than ideal for the moment, I instinctively just fell over the instant she made contact with me." He had seen several of the other Lunch goers' attention drawn by the odd behavior, but he was reasonably sure that nobeast had heard his explanation, and wasn't particularly bothered by such a reputation if such were the case.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Corn's head snapped around to stare at the older squirrel, "Oi! Nasty habit, indeed!" She reached over to swat at him, only to lose her balance and slide off the bench. She leaned her head back against the seat and started shaking with muffled laughter - They were already causing a bit of a scene, didn't need to make it bigger. She wordlessly held her paws out for help to stand up, continuing to laugh.

The Skarzs

Skarzs had looked at Corn when she laughed with his face scrunched up in an expression somewhere between confusion and exasperation. Obviously he was out of the loop on something. He pulled Dan all the way up as he explained himself, only to step over to help Corn back on her feet. "Pickin' up the drunks," he muttered, then spoke aloud. "Dan, that's probably the silliest thing I've ever heard you doing. Still, seriously? It's not like we need to make ourselves look more. . . Out of place." He felt hot under his collar.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Dann ultimately found Skarz's exasperation to be more humorous than anything else, "How many times have I told all of you that I'm as...... ridiculous, as everyone else? I just never felt welcome in the Cellars, so you never saw it come out." He let his first statement sink in before continuing, checking for eavesdroppers despite the fact that interest in their group seemed to have dwindled, "Aside from that, why should we stop being ourselves?" He paused again to look everybeast from the group in the eyes, "We may not be able to speak too openly of the outside at the moment, but what's to stop us from maintaining our personalities? Our in-jokes? The characteristics that make us... us. I dunno 'bout the rest of you, but I've no intention to allow my insertion into another world to force me to act uptight all the time, especially since that would look way weirder in the long run than if I acted a little strangely from time to time.... Take that mouse over there, sneaking various items onto who I can only guess is the Cellarhog's spikes... Is that rational or serious? What about the otter that spiked somebeast else's drink with hotroot of all things! Judging by the victim's reaction anyway... All this to say that I really think we'll be far more out of place if our actions are too robotic.... Besides, we'll likely never get an opportunity to explore, visit, and live inside this world ever again... Why not live it up when there's an opportunity?" Dann took a break to breathe and take a long sip from his cup, now filled with water. After releasing a relieving sigh, he simply smiled.

The Skarzs

Skarzs stared at Dan and scratched his ear. He didn't know him at all, apparently. "Well, whatever the case, I'm gonna at least try to keep my dignity. I suppose I act a bit differently in real life. . . No squishing." He smiled wryly. "Anyhow, let's go explore."

OOC: Did you still want to ask some questions, Dan? You could ask as we all walk.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka just stood there, listening with a confused half-smile on her face while Dann and Skarzs were talking.  She raised an eyebrow when Dann said he'd never felt welcome in the Cellars.  Didn't know that one.  Wonder why?

Even though Dann had just behaved pretty inexplicably, she realized he had an excitingly good point.  This was an amazing opportunity to reinvent herself in a new world and have crazy fun adventures for as long as this lasted!  Maybe she could even train and become an actual warrior!  How crazy flipping awesome would that be?

"Yes!" she exclaimed in response to Dann, and decided to fist pump even though that wasn't really a thing she normally did.  Then she followed Skarzs out of Cavern Hole.

(OOC:  This RP just got unexpectedly... I wanna say meta?  I am pleased. ;D

Also, kinda PP'd there at the end.  That okay?)