News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Here we are RP

Started by The Skarzs, July 10, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Dann sat quietly, allowing everyone else to voice their thoughts. Figuring out their chronological position was something that had skipped his mind, but would be crucial in their decision making should things go as crazily as could be expected from a surprise Redwall adventure. He smiled at Corn's comment before pointing toward the staircase, "Silly goose, it's up the stairs, just before the dorms."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

Skarzs headed to the stairs, trusting the others to come with. He composed in his head on how the conversation would go as he walked, but then, he realized that he would want to ask where Andrew came from, and that was something he couldn't predict. Maybe he wasn't even from a place he knew about from the books.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka followed the cougar up the stairs, eager to find out more about Andrew.  He'd obviously had a rough time of it the other day.  Wonder where he's from...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

With a bounce in her step Corn followed her companions, wrinkling her nose at the stairs. Much to her happiness she reached the top without any clumsiness and spotted a door that was open. She peered in to find the inside of the Infirmary and she grinned, turning around to wave the others over.

The Skarzs

Skarzs looked over the heads of his friends, seeing Andrew laying on a bed with a crutch near at paw. Most of the other beds were empty. A hedgehog in a habit was busy nearby, but headed back to Andrew with a damp cloth, bathing his head.
  Skarzs smiled at the sight, and took a step in, but stopped. The gears in his mind turned, and he wondered why Andrew would need to have his his head cooled, like he had a fever. If his wound was infected, maybe that could happen, but Skarzs didn't think that was likely.
  ". . . How are you feeling, Andrew?" Skarzs said.
  Andrew turned to the sound of his voice, and Skarzs grew alarmed. The mouse's face was drawn, thin, and his eyes were dull. Even his fur looked like it had taken on a poorly hue.
  "Please don't come closer!" said the infirmary sister, turning to them. "He's got a sickness of some kind, and we aren't sure what."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka took a step back, alarmed.  The last thing she wanted after falling into another world was to get some strange disease.  Andrew looked terrible, and she felt bad for him.  She gave him a look she hoped conveyed her sympathy.

"Alright," she said in reply to the infirmary sister.  "How long has he been like this?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

"Since last night." The hedgehog sighed. "I think I know what it is, but I'm just hoping I'm wrong."
  Skarzs thought of any of the diseases that happened in the books, and only came up with one. "Dryditch Fever?"
  The sister looked at him, her face drawn with worry.
  "Ab-Abbess. . ." stammered Andrew. "Got to tell her!"
  "She's coming, dearie! You just lie still."
  Skarzs looked at his friends. Was this what they were supposed to help with?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Dryditch fever..." Jukka murmured, mind racing to try and recall all the details she could about the disease.  It had been ages since she'd read Salamandastron, but she knew the disease was deadly and could only be cured by the flowers of Icetor or something.  And now Andrew had brought it to Redwall!

"It's pretty contagious, isn't it?" she said, both to her friends and the hedgehog sister.  She gave her friends an alarmed look and backed away from the sick mouse to stand just inside the infirmary doorway.  This was not how she had pictured things going.  And no way was she about to let herself fall victim to some dreadful malady.

Dannflower Reguba

Dann followed up in the back of the group, scooting through the doorway to sit down on a bed just inside the door as the conversation started. The speaking had hardly begun before everything about their current situation took a vicious nosedive. The very premise of Dryditch wasn't particularly enjoyable as a thought, but there was too much haste being made in the assumptions. He turned to his friends and spoke in toned-down voice to avoid the attention of the hedgehog, "Yo guys, cool your jets, we don't know for sure yet, and beside that, she knows what Dryditch is, which means we're at least post-Salamandastron. Now assuming it is, Andrew's already dead to rights, and honestly the infirmary keeper over there is as well. Question is, what do we do?..... Oh, and what's the.. Hold on." Dann turned to throw a question at the hedgehog, "Do you perchance know how long Dryditch fever takes to infect and become symptomatic?" He turned back to the group, "Some of us have made contact with him, we don't know the transmission method of Dryditch, and they don't know how viruses and bacteria work yet, much less what they are.... Long and short of it being that there is a possibility that some of us already have it."

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Corn had gone to stand close to Andrew's bedside and scurried back quickly when Skarzs mentioned Dryditch Fever. She bit her lip, I bandaged his leg and helped him up the path with Jukka, Dryditch is extremely contagious, did I get infected? As her thoughts whirred she'd inched further from Andrew. She bumped into the bed Dann was sitting on right after his mini lecture and almost jumped a foot into the air, moving away to sit a bed or two away. "I think Skarzs is the least likely to have contracted it, followed by Dann, then Jukka, then me, but that's only going off of who's had the most contact with Andrew, and we could have spread it among ourselves and..." Corn trailed off before she finished saying "the rest of the Abbey," with a glance at the Infirmary sister. She didn't want to cause a panic, and when the frightened Sister made eye contact she smiled reassuringly at her, trying to provide comfort.

The Skarzs

The sister shook her head at Dan's question, and interrupting any other thoughts Skarzs was having. "I don't know for sure. . . Thank seasons it hasn't come here in my lifetime. An' while I hope it isn't going to come to that, dearie, I believe that weapon the poor mouse was hurt with had some sort o' poison on the blade. If I showed you his leg, you'd see what I mean. But it's affecting the rest of him, and it will take time to heal."
  Abbess Lessia pushed her way in, followed closely by an infirmary assistant, and she went straight to Andrew's side. "I'm here, Andrew. What can I do?"
  The mouse's eyes wandered around the room, not seeing the Abbess, but knowing she was there. "Noonvale!" he croaked. "We need help at Noonvale! Our healers are gone. . . Sickness. . . No knowledge. . . Must go to Redwall, must get help! Please, I hope I can make it. . . Please don't be too late. They need me, them, help!"
  He started shivering, and the two infirmary sisters tended to him. The Abbess backed away, leaving them to their work, while she considered what Andrew had said.
  Skarzs himself felt a little foolish having thought of the worst possible thing that could happen to Andrew, but he was more interested in the mention of Noonvale. So that's where Andrew was from. And they needed help.

OOC: Let me know if I need to add more to this.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka blinked.  "Oh, so he doesn't have dryditch fever, he's just poisoned?"  Wow, that sounded insensitive...  "Um, I mean, so he's wounded, not, like, ill with a sickness?"

Dannflower Reguba

"Given the current information that we have, that seems more than likely. He strikes me as more actively ill than those..... that caught dryditch... Though I imagine that Noonvale is now the bigger deal, nice to know it survived this long... Wait, do the Redwallers know about Noonvale? I thought Martin brought that information to his grave right?" Dann looked between his friends for confirmation, "Or am I just crazy?"

The Skarzs

The Hedghog and her helper ushered them all out and shut the door, the Abbess rushing off to consult the elders about the best course of action.
  "Remember the preface to Martin the Warrior?" Skarzs said. "The descendant of Brome came and told that story. She's the one who brought that rose to grow on the wall. They told the whole story. . . I think. Unless Jacques didn't intend that everything that was written was said, if you know what I mean."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Yeah, during Martin the Warrior they found out but other than that there's no other mention of Noonvale. Ever. And there's plenty of stories set after that one, if I recall correctly," Corn mentioned, shifting her weight with a shrug. "Guess it got lost to history until now?"