News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Here we are RP

Started by The Skarzs, July 10, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

"Or kept secret out of respect for their safety," Skarzs suggested. He looked back at the closed door, where inside Andrew was fighting for his survival. He said a quick prayer silently that he would recover quickly. "Well then. . . I guess we can't do much more right now."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka just nodded in reply to Dan.

To be honest, she had forgotten a lot of details about the Redwallers' knowledge of Noonvale - she'd kinda thought the story had never reached the Abbey.  Anyway, it didn't matter, given that no one really seemed to know about Noonvale now.

Andrew's feverish mumblings played again in her brain.  Noonvale needed help, and the Abbess and a few others had heard him.  Would the Redwallers maybe send a group of healers?  Would Andrew be able to tell them where to go to find the village?  It was hidden pretty well, after all.

"You think they'll try and help Noonvale?" she said aloud.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dannflower Reguba

"If they have a means to, you can be almost certain they will. The question is, at this point in time, what do they know about it, and how does this all relate to us?" Dann leaned against the wall while contemplating some of the other questions he had whilst waiting for the others to chime in. He was curious to know if there were any remnants of Marshank, or if the cliffs had been re-inhabited after Martin's tribe had left them. There were so many possibilities, and a sore lack of answers at the moment.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

Skarzs thought silently for a little while. If they were meant to help, then they couldn't just stand by idle. He needed to find out if they could help.
  "Maybe we could go to the gatehouse. We could find out what point in time this is (it's at least after Mattimeo, because the sword is out in the open), and maybe get ahead of the game."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn shrugged, "That certainly couldn't hurt, as long as they don't mind us poking around in there and I don't see why they would. Let's go!" She pushed off the wall she'd been leaning against and headed for the stairs, not waiting to see if the others were following. It's just like we're in one of the books, all puzzles and researching and adventures. Wonder how that's gonna go? Hopefully no armies show up. She thought to herself with a quiet laugh.

Dannflower Reguba

Dann, lost in his own thoughts, heard Skarz like a far off voice, only fully realizing what was meant as Corn began to leave. She almost escaped before he blurted out an alternative plan, "Whoa, hold up!.. Why don't we just ask somebeast around if they've heard about the otters of the Rogue Crew? It's the last book in the series, and if they haven't then we can just keep asking about different characters until they recognize one? I feel like it'd be a lot faster than trying to rustle through transcripts that are likely organized in a way that we're unfamiliar yet.... Honestly, we could also just ask about recent important events, say within the last fifty years or so."

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

"Years, or seasons?" asked Skarzs, half-jokingly. "That's probably a better idea, even if it's a glorified 'What year is it?'"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Yeah, exactly..." Jukka said in response to Dan, trailing off as she thought about this.  What if the Redwallers really knew nothing at all about Noonvale's location and Andrew was too sick to be of any help?

Maybe this was the whole reason they'd been brought here.

She perked up when Skarzs said they should check the Gatehouse.  "Alright!  I've been wanting to poke around in there!"  She began to follow Corn down the stairs, but then stopped ane turned around when Dan said something.  "Hm, yeah, that could work too.  Let's find somebody to ask."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Skarzs nodded, following after Corn and Jukka.
  He picked his way down the stairs, taking them two at a time, but also trying not to run over the squirrel and ferret in front of him. The steps were not quite ideal for someone his size.
  When they reached the bottom of the stairs, he stopped to consider where to go.  "The Abbey recorder might be the best bet. Other people might not know, or have gotten, the whole story, if you know what I mean."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Maybe the recorder is in the Gatehouse?" Jukka suggested.

The Skarzs

"Sounds like a good place to start." Skarzs walked through Cavern Hole, taking long strides and going the distance quickly. The tables were all cleared from breakfast, and were ready for the midday meal. He imagined how full it would be again, with all the various sizes and shapes of people. Most of the creatures would not even know about Andrew and the news he brought for some time, though word tended to travel quickly in Redwall. Local gossip and all.

OOC: We can pretty much just skip over to the gatehouse.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Upon reaching the Gatehouse, Jukka paused, wondering if they should just barge in.  She knocked to be polite, but when nobody answered, she pushed the door open.

Rows and rows of bookshelves met her gaze.  She waltzed over and grabbed a heavy book laden with dust off a shelf and cracked it open.  The text was written in spidery, complicated cursive and she squinted, trying to make it out.  "Looks like this is a record of some season called 'Summer of the Weeping Willows'?  This is so cool!"

The Skarzs

"That season doesn't sound familiar. Wonder when it was."
  Skarzs looked over an open tome, the pages only half-filled with words. An inkwell and quill were off to one side, the quill still wet with ink. The cougar skimmed over the words, talking about recent events. Upcoming feasts, the new season (spring), various little things that caught the recorder's attention. . . "Hey, looks like we made it into the records!" exclaimed Skarzs. He read aloud from the book. "'Yesterday, we had some visitors. It's nothing unusual, here at Redwall, to have travellers come to our door- After all, we welcome all who come in peace to our Abbey! But these particular travellers were nothing like any of us had seen in our lifetimes; and I wouldn't consider myself young anymore! Their accent is strange, rough, as if they learned our tongue by someone who didn't know how to pronounce the letter R, among other things. There were four: Two were squirrels- one having white fur, quite unusual. The other two were a ferret, who seems polite enough, very nice as vermin go, I suppose, and the second is a giant cat of all things!' Hah! ' Drakken is a bit wary of the two, and is keeping an eye on them.' I think we knew that. . . 'They also had with them a mouse named Andrew, who they had apparently saved from a small band of vermin on the road. He was brought to the infirmary for his wounds. . .' It just goes on about some other boring stuff, like how his biscuit was stale or something. Huh. Kind of smudged."
  He straightened, and looked around at the gatehouse, which was cluttered with ages upon ages of recordings and maps and all manner of things. "I actually thought the Abbess would have come in here, to look for some information on Noonvale. Guess not."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

"This recorder's fast, but considering the mention of the biscuit, sounds like they're probably old as well. This morning too, so they're likely close at hand right now, did he go to the bathroom or something?... Unusual, heh heh." Dann gently brushed his hand over the surfaces of a few of the newer looking books before sliding his fingers around a much more aged scroll, feeling the texture and gauging the integrity before picking it up, "I hope this goes without saying, but be careful what you touch. None of us knows how they make their paper, and subsequently, how well it survives stress... And it seems a little soon for the Abbess to have time to come down here doesn't it? I'm sure the leader of the Abbey has a lot of stuff to do in a day."

The Skarzs

"Well, she did leave in a hurry. Not sure if other things would take priority." Skarzs gently brushed dust off some paper. "She probably went to consult with the abbey elders, which probably included the recorder. After that. . . I dunno. Maybe we'll see them in a bit. Do you guys see any seasons we might recognize?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.