News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Never-Ending Labyrinth At The Bottom Of The Cellars

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, October 31, 2018, 01:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

Brizingr is just a fire spell. Laws of physics dictate that unless it is being sustained by magic, it needs something to burn.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Actually...

Have you even read the Inheritance Cycle?
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

So you don't fully understand the magic system. And before you say you've watched the film (if you have), the film is absolutely terrible.

Verdauga

I'm not going to claim that I know the magic system. But magic, as a rule, can only suspend laws of physics; it can't outright defy them.

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Quote from: Verdauga on November 11, 2019, 08:23:43 PM
I'm not going to claim that I know the magic system. But magic, as a rule, can only suspend laws of physics; it can't outright defy them.
I should have said negate , instead of defy.

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Booklover on November 11, 2019, 08:21:19 PM
So you don't fully understand the magic system. And before you say you've watched the film (if you have), the film is absolutely terrible.

Geez, yeah, that movie is terrible.  Brisingr isn't a spell, it's a word that for all intents and purposes is fire.  Magic in-universe is powered by the caster, it doesn't necessarily need any other fuel source.  Of course, it would be a lot easier on the caster if there was something to actually light on fire, so they wouldn't have to keep burning their own energy to keep it going.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Verdauga on November 11, 2019, 08:29:01 PM
Hence my original question: what is a werelight?
And once we figure out what that is, should we start a fire? *Shivers* I'm gettin' cold listening to ya'll debating.  ;D

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

'It can be used in many different ways - lighting a lamp, as a weapon (e.g. a fireball), or as light itself (e.g. a werelight). It may even be used for cooking, as mentioned in Eldest.' That's à quote from the wiki.

So as long as I have enough energy, it works. And because I know about a certain thing, I shouldn't run out of energy if I don't mind something happening. And if I want, I can say 'Brisingr, iet tauthr'. Fire, follow me.

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Verdauga on November 11, 2019, 07:57:01 PM
It'll take me a bit to figure out the plot (I'll actually need a reason to be looking for them) but I think I can tie this in with some other ideas I've had for an RP.

So...*Walks back into main cavern* how are you guys doing?

Hey, if you start an RP, I'll join in for sure  :D
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

We're getting into spoiler territory here, so I won't explain why I won't run out of energy. Or I'll just get a witchlight, that should sort out the energy problem.

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Booklover on November 11, 2019, 08:34:56 PM
We're getting into spoiler territory here, so I won't explain why I won't run out of energy. Or I'll just get a witchlight, that should sort out the energy problem.
*Checks Booklover for
Spoiler
dragon souls
[close]
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Kade Rivok on November 11, 2019, 08:33:15 PM
Quote from: Verdauga on November 11, 2019, 07:57:01 PM
It'll take me a bit to figure out the plot (I'll actually need a reason to be looking for them) but I think I can tie this in with some other ideas I've had for an RP.

So...*Walks back into main cavern* how are you guys doing?

Hey, if you start an RP, I'll join in for sure  :D
I hope he makes one. That'd be fun.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!