News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Scooby Doo

Started by The Witessss, January 30, 2019, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

The Witessss

Ya got it all wrong. Bribed, sure. Slaves, no. I think in the end they enjoy it
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

MeadowR

The live-action film I liked at the time, but nowadays have felt it pretty lacking. Bit too '00s teen-movie-ish and I don't know why Scooby looks so unlike the cartoon Scooby as he does. Not even close to the right colour... (I know they wanted to make him realistic, but, come on). Eh... It's not terrible. :D It's okay. I think the sequel was okay, too, and quite nice they featured villains (sort of) from the old cartoons. Haven't seen any other Scooby films... or maybe I did see a cartoon one once.

Also: back when the film came out I bought a whole magazine about Scooby Doo, which I still have, so I can astound and amaze you with some Scooby Doo facts sometime; I'm sure you'll love me to do so.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Witessss

I would be cool to learn some stuff about Scoob I don't know. I think the live action was kind of dark, I mean, they had real demons and had Shaggy saying several references to marawana..

Hickory

Quote from: The Witessss on February 12, 2019, 07:55:36 PM
I would be cool to learn some stuff about Scoob I don't know. I think the live action was kind of dark, I mean, they had real demons and had Shaggy saying several references to marawana..
To note: it's spelt marijuana. Also, the "Shaggy is a stoner" joke has probably been around for a fair amount of time, and any references made to it in a kid's movie will probably go over the child's head, unless they are 1.) not actually a child, or 2.) have a disturbing knowledge of adult jokes.

As far as dark content goes, I feel like references to demons and such are, in and of themselves, nothing to worry about ("malicious spirits" are a pretty standard plot device in more than a couple genres). The real concern is how they are portrayed – I think that the live-action movie shows them in such a way that won't be disturbing to kids, and that is perfectly acceptable.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Witessss

The fact that Shaggy attracts ghosts has been around for a long time, and I can get where they come from when they have real ghosts,. But I thought I was really lame that they put references to Marijuana in it. I especially disliked the way they made Scrappy evil ( not that I even like d him in the first place) and the movies and live action don't have the same class or character. 😖

The Grey Coincidence

Quote from: The Witessss on February 13, 2019, 01:36:36 PM
The fact that Shaggy attracts ghosts has been around for a long time, and I can get where they come from when they have real ghosts,. But I thought I was really lame that they put references to Marijuana in it. I especially disliked the way they made Scrappy evil ( not that I even like d him in the first place) and the movies and live action don't have the same class or character. 😖
Yes. And the fart jokes were some of the worst in the (hopefully not too long but I'm not exactly an expert) history of fart jokes.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

The Shadow of Korriban

I once saw a slight bit of one of the Scooby Doo movies, and well... Let's just stop there. :P
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Tungro

Quote from: Sheev Palpatine on February 13, 2019, 10:48:06 PM
I once saw a slight bit of one of the Scooby Doo movies, and well... Let's just stop there.

Very true

The Witessss

i think they also had a poor choice with the actors  :P

The Shadow of Korriban

And a terribly done CG Scoob. :-|

The Witessss

it was bad, to say the least...  :P :P it made a mockery of our loving and adorable original Scoobs... i don't even think Hanna-Barbera was part of that production. Sad.