News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

"A Jailed Verdauga"

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, December 09, 2019, 03:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booklover

*sighs* Long Earth, anybody? When you teleport, the iron doesn't teleport with you. And it is the iron, attached in a vital place, for example near the heart, keeping you from dying. As for respawning (which isn't even a word, according to the dotted red line now below it), I explained about that earlier. You chose to do something which killed you, so you can't now say you what to be alive. Besides, you died, which should mean there's a funeral, even if later on you respawned.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

1. I do not use the long earth magic system. As previously stated I use my own.
2. Using that logic, "buckyballs" isn't a word either.
3. you decided that it (teleporting) would kill me, which suggests an arbitrary effect system. Thusly, I can be alive by merely wanting to be alive.
4. I've died and respawned before, without a funeral, so the point is moot.
5. Going back to your first point, the iron (which must be enchanted at this point) must be bridging an artery or vein in order for its removal to damage me. Otherwise, teleporting is more precise than any surgery, and it would have the same benefits that removing shrapnel and bullets from people has.
6. Lastly, if you did surgically insert a plate of ferrum into me, you were more likely to kill me in the surgery than my teleportation would.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

1. Not magic. 'Stepping'
2. Buckyballs does count, for me.
3. I told you that it would, and I've explained why. I didn't just decide, so if you want to be alive, then give a good way to respawn that isn't just you choosing to.
4. See above. And if you don't want a funeral, then okay. Saves on the sausage rolls.
5. I never said the iron was enchanted. Please read Long Earth to see that the surgery can be that precise.
6. See above.

Verdauga

I'm gonna go in reverse order.

6. I don't quite care what it's called, because I use magic
5. If buckyballs counts for you, then respawn counts for me.
4. You did, however, decide that I am using that magic system. Erroneously, but you did.
3.*Starts sobbing.* But I don' Wanna funeral!!!*stops.*
2. If the iron is not enchanted, then, as I am not using the magic system you think I am, the iron plate would actually teleport with me. Even the most precise surgeries have complications.
1. I can heal. Magically.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Long Earth doesn't have a magic system.

Kade Rivok

Also,

Quote from: Booklover on December 23, 2019, 05:13:25 PM
3. I told you that it would, and I've explained why. I didn't just decide, so if you want to be alive, then give a good way to respawn that isn't just you choosing to.

Technically, you didn't explain anything until after the fact.  You just made the declaration...

Quote from: Booklover on December 23, 2019, 10:08:11 AM
Um... you can't leave. And teleporting won't work, because I know ways to stop you teleporting. So if you teleport, you die.

So yes, you actually did just decided that it would kill him, and then later said that you somehow surgically implanted iron in him.

Not that it really matters.  These sorts of debates are kinda pointless because, since we have as much power as we want to on here, it basically just turns into...

"Oh yeah, well I killed you with my magic"
"Nuh uh, my magic stops your magic"
"Nuh uh"
"Uh huh"
"Nuh uh"
"Uh huh"
Et cetera ad infinitum  ;D

(And if teleportation isn't magic, then I don't know what is.  Even if in universe they call it "stepping" or whatever, magic is just a catch-all term for that kind of tomfoolery)
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Quote from: Kade Rivok on December 23, 2019, 05:30:56 PM
(And if teleportation isn't magic, then I don't know what is.  Even if in universe they call it "stepping" or whatever, magic is just a catch-all term for that kind of tomfoolery)
Exactly. Magic system is a term used to explain the mechanics of any supernatural happenings not produced by technology.

So in the end, how about you don't set up a funeral topic.

Booklover

'Stepping' isn't teleportation.

Kade Rivok

We were talking about teleportation, and you said the below.

Quote from: Booklover on December 23, 2019, 05:13:25 PM
1. Not magic. 'Stepping'

Not that it matters, since that point is neither here nor there.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Stepping isn't teleportation, because you don't move in space (in some circumstances, with soft places and stepping 'north', but usually, not). It is when you go to a parallel universe.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Quote from: Verdauga on December 13, 2019, 06:14:46 PM
Quote from: Booklover on December 13, 2019, 05:49:19 PM
Quote from: Verdauga on December 12, 2019, 02:01:07 AM
He's trying not to show his admiration for my grandness.
You posted? It's a miracle!
It's also probably the only time I'll post in that topic.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

The teleportation argument was just to get Verdauga to post *winks*.

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: Verdauga on December 23, 2019, 03:23:40 PM
*Sighs.*

Nooo, this is a forum. I have infinite lives, and can choose whether or not I die.
Hmm, yes though you are dead in this topic. *Begins to cremate Verdauga*
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!