News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The seed has awakened.

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, February 14, 2020, 12:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kade Rivok

Hmmm.  Well, works for me!

*Waves his enchanted fork with purpose and, in a flash of blue light, the tied up Nerek is banished back to her body.*

Aaaaaand done!  Glad to have you back in control of your body again.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Thanks. I'll give you a tour of my brain as soon as I've freed all Nerek's slaves.

*clicks fingers twice. Thirty eight slaves appear, standing to attention. Shakes head sadly* This may take a while. *door opens and another slave rushes in, cowering with fear*

"I'm so sorry, Lady! Please don't punish me, I can explain.

*bands down and lifts slave gently to his paws* No need to apologise. Do you know where my office is? Go and get all the slave files. *slaves bows quickly and hurries out.

Yes, Lady. Right away.

Now we just need to wait for him to get back.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Indeed.  So, what was Nerek's deal, anyway?  What happened to her, and why was she so intent on... well, whatever she was intent on doing?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

lass of something much

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on March 07, 2020, 06:44:21 AM
Lass, you're not supposed to be able to hear my private telepathic conversations. But no, I'm not a robot so, unless another one of our siblings is a robot, you haven't lived with a robot all your life. (And even if the inside of my brain does resemble a really cool, high tech robot, it wouldn't have done that all your life because I made all those adjustments myself and it only happened a couple of years ago)
Teer, I am stuck in your head...
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

I don't really know. She was inside my brain but I don't know her motivations anymore than other beasts do. I suppose she might have been evil from the start, though why, I don't know. A beast that's been created purely to battle and conquer would have to have some driving force so, for her, it could have been hate or something.

*slave returns, carrying large folder*

Here, Lady.

Thank you. What's your name?

Oh. I think it was Cedric Ruddermoss, Lady.

Ah, from Holt Morgan, yes?

I... I was originally part of that family, yes. Now I am simply slave number fourteen. I have no name and no identity anymore.

*picks slave up and meets his gaze, seeing the sadness, misery and bitterness in his dark hazel eyes* That's not true, Cedric. Don't you ever say such a thing again. You have a name and an identity. Don't ever let a beast tell you otherwise. Now, give me a paw with these files. How are they ordered and what does each one mean?

Yes Lady, of course. The information for each slave is held together, see. So this one paper is all the information for slave three and these four pieces of paper stapled together is the information for slave two.

Oh, I see. In that case, Lopeza, come over here.

*a thin squirrelmaid steps forward, trying to hide her shaking paws* Ye-yes, Lady? (By the way, that will be the font for any slave but Cedric)

*frowns, studying paper* This doesn't say where you're from. Do you have anywhere to go after this?

Um... yes. I'll go back to doing the washing, unless you have another job for me, of course.

No, no, no! Stay there. *goes out of room and returns with notepad and pen, then quickly writes a certificate of freedom* I have no idea where to find a printer in this place. Please go photo-copy this, Cedric. I want thirty-nine copies.

Of course, Lady. *hurries out of room, returning a few minutes later with copied documents*

Thank you, Cedric. Now, Lopeza, *writes name on one of the documents and signs it* take this and get back in line. Krinn, you're next. By the way, Cedric, I heard mention of something called the chair and somebeast said you all had a smaller version on you constantly. What's that all about?

*flinches at the very word, avoiding the Taniwha's gaze* Lady, are you feeling alright? You seem to be doing things and saying things that go directly against what you've said and done in the past.

I'm fine. Answer my question.

Lady, I'd rather no-, of course. The chair is, as its name suggests, a chair. With straps that hold a beast in place and... and when you turn it on, needles come out and inject acid into the bloodstream.

*closes eyes and rests head in paws* I'm sorry, Cedric. I'm sorry everybeast. Where is this smaller version?

*frowns in confusion but slowly lifts sleeve, revealing a thick band* That's it. We all have one around the left wrist.

*studies band, then reaches out and grabs it, heart breaking at Cedric's instinctive flinch* I'm not going to hurt you. Hold your arm out.

*obeys, terrified*

*closes eyes and concentrates on band, feeling the magic used to put it in place and experimenting with it, first shutting down the needle functions and then using pure willpower to expand it enough to slide over the burly otter's paw* I'm not sure how many times I can do that before I use up my energy. I can probably free about ten of you at a time. Lopeza, come back over here and pull your sleeve up.

Lady, what has happened? I swear you are not the same beast who dragged me into slavery so many seasons ago.

*smiles at Cedric, glad to hear the note of hopelessness gone from his voice* I may tell you later. You can go into that antechamber if you want some privacy. *deactivates Lopeza's band and, after stretching it, pulls it off* And now you, young lady, are properly free. Don't go rushing off home yet, I want to have a word with you later on. Maybe just take a seat and I'll get Puawai and her team to look after you soon. Krinn, come here. *removes Krinn's band, hands him certificate of freedom and moves on to the next beast*

*knock on door is heard and half a dozen Hoiho enter, led by a soft, motherly looking penguin wearing a white apron and bearing a tray full of food. She looks around briefly, spots freed slaves and hurries over to them*

My, you're a pretty beast, aren't you now? A good wash and some nice clothes and you'll turn the eye of any young male you come across, so you will. Now, first things first, have something to eat, dearie. I've got some fresh salad here, an assorted vege pastie and some cake for pudding. Now where has that Cedric feller got to? A nice strong beast like that needs plenty of food, so he does. Krinn dearie, come over here and have something to eat. What a handsome beast you are! Maybe you'll make a good match for Lozepa here. Not before you've eaten though, mind. I won't allow beasts to get distracted with things even as wonderful as marriage when they're half starving, no sir! Teer, dearie, where has Cedric got to. I won't have him go hungry, no I won't! Emma, take a tray of food to him and then maybe go back to the kitchens and get some more. Goodness me, these are hungry beasts, so they are!

*chuckles at Puawai's monologue, giving Lorde Ashwytee a broad wink as his band slides off* Oh, I think he went to find his long lost wife. He should be fine.

Nobeast's going wife-hunting on an empty stomach if I have anything to say about it! Goodness me, Teer, how could you allow such a thing? He could drop dead from hunger in the middle of nowhere, so he could! Why, the little rascal!

I was joking, Puawai. He went into that storage room or whatever it is for some privacy.

Well, a good thing too! Why, I'd tan his hide if I caught him sneaking away on an empty stomach, so I would!

*Krinn grinned around a mouthful of pastie, the filling dripping down his chin* There are two things I know about Cedric. The first is that he wouldn't sneak away if he knew there was food to be had and the second is that, if he did, you wouldn't catch him.

*grins broadly* He sounds like the sort of beast I'd like to be friends with.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Teer looks like she's alright now.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

I suppose so... I assumed you knew more about her than that.

*Is aware of the above going on (and A LOT is going on :P) and notices Teer's energy draining as she frees the slaves from the magical bond.*

These slaves are from all over.  Just how long had Nerek been in control?  And do you need me to supply you with energy to help get those bands off of them?  I've got plenty of it, plus I've got my enchanted fork and magical spoon to help as well.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

lass of something much

um...did I come up with magic spoon thing? I think I did...and if not, who did?
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

lass of something much

I just remember thinking; next he'l have a magic spoon! also Teer's home! (irl)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

One-Eye the wildcat

Should I launch my nukes at this thread? I think I should...
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ebantu the Kararehe

(I suggest you don't, One Eye. :))
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

lass of something much

how would t-*thinks better of it*
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

*finishes freeing another slave and sends her over to Puawai, smiling tiredly*

I don't think she was in control for too long, though she wasn't secured before she took over so it's possible that she was preparing things long before she revealed her plans. I was a bit busy for a while and couldn't come in The Cellars, but that wouldn't have stopped her from doing things behind the scenes.

There you are, go get some food. Ah... XanderSomething, your turn.

Yeah, a bit of added energy would be appreciated. It's easier now that I know what needs to happen but it's still rather draining and I feel like freeing all thirty-nine slaves is going to take forever.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!