News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The New BWAS

Started by Kade Rivok, February 20, 2020, 05:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kade Rivok

Ok, I got the smiley face.  Everything else, not so much.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

As in you don't understand or your computer can't load it?
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Kade Rivok

I CAN'T READ WHAT YOU ARE SAYING EB, TYPE LOUDER
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

Kade Rivok

STILL CAN'T QUITE MAKE IT OUT.  TYPE LOUDER PLEASE.  SLOWER TOO, IF YOU CAN MANAGE IT.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

And until we meet again,

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

:laugh: You made me laugh irl.

And until we meet again,

Kade Rivok

Mm.  Glad to be of assistance.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

And until we meet again,

Grond

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on April 10, 2020, 11:25:06 PM
Don't be silly, you can absolutely have a meaningful relationship with someone who does not share your views, or even has opposing views, without compromising your standards. My best friend in high school (who I still keep in touch with) was a very liberal atheist, while I am very much the opposite. I never minimized my faith or commitment to my ideals in order to gratify him; what made us friends was that we both had a strong interest in political subjects and were willing to hold a civic discourse about those subjects. Did that relationship change me? It did. Not in that it reduced my faith, or caused me to suddenly embrace liberal political views, but it did cause me to reconsider me views on certain points because during our discussion I realized that some of my arguments were incomplete, insufficient, or simply invalid. And likewise with him. In political thought, this is called the "marketplace of ideas," and is the theory that strongly backs freedom of speech: whenever two ideas are presented, it will be visible which one is truer; the more ideas presented, the faster the truth can be reached. That relationship strengthened me and made me a more faithful and more thoughtful person (and I believe it did the same for my friend), because it caused me to think through and validate my own beliefs, and that is the value of it.

My point is not that homeschoolers are not capable of having such experiences, obviously they are. It is that they do not have such experiences, due to the nature of the program.

Now I must say that what I speak is a generalization, and in no case absolute. I'm not saying that public schooling is worse or better than homeschooling, only pointing out a specific advantage which I feel that I derived from attending a public school. And that advantage may not necessarily apply in all cases, either; obviously there are some public schools no one would wish their child to attend, and other public schools which are small or homogenous enough that they don't produce said experience.

Kinda related to the subject at hand but cool to see you on here Wylder... i quite liked some of the discussions and debates we had on here precisely for that reason you outlined above- it broadened my view on certain topics ie religion.

Sebias of Redwall

(Reading these last few pages was kinda fun.  ^-^)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

@Grond Good to see you around! I hope you've been doing well in this crazy wonderful place we call the Earth. I too appreciated our discussions- I find there are few enough people willing to really discuss the difficult subjects, and I always enjoy being able to do so.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Sebias of Redwall

Aye. Glad you came back, Grond.  :)

Quote from: Kade Rivok on April 11, 2020, 03:03:38 AM
I CAN'T READ WHAT YOU ARE SAYING EB, TYPE LOUDER
Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on April 11, 2020, 03:06:10 AM
LIKE THIS?
Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on April 11, 2020, 03:57:01 AM
:laugh: You made me laugh irl.
*Is tempted to put this in the funny posts collection*
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱