News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Let the Games Begin!

Started by Sebias of Redwall, May 17, 2020, 07:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

@Announcer: "War. Terrible war. Widows... Orphans... a motherless child... This was the uprising that rocked our land.
13 Districts rebelled against the country that fed them... loved them... protected them...
Brother turned on brother until nothing remained.
And then came the peace... Hard fought... Sorely won. A people rose up from the ashes. And a new era was born.
But freedom has a cost... When the traitors were defeated, we swore as a nation we would never know this treason again...
And so it was decreed that each year, the various districts of Panem would offer up in tribute one young man and woman, to fight to the death in a pageant of honor, courage and sacrifice.
The lone victor, bathed in riches, would serve as a reminder of our generosity and our forgiveness.
This is how we remember our past.
This is how we safeguard our future."
*Drops mic* Now that that's over with...

*Pulls out piece of paper* Our first lucky choice... @Booklover, please come up to the stand. Before I continue selecting, do we have any volunteers?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

Booklover

*begins walking up to the stand*
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Sebias of Redwall

@Announcer: Welcome, darling. You are lucky to have been chosen for this honor. Now... *Pulls out another paper* ...since no one else has volunteered, we shall keep drawing until we have enough. @Captain Wortshire. @Scott McLamok. @shisteer of nothing much. @Sebias of Redwall. Come up to the stand.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

Captain Wortshire

[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Sebias of Redwall

*Sebias tries to slink into the thick of the crowd, but is grabbed by a pair of guards and hauled roughly up to the stand*

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on May 17, 2020, 09:26:09 PM
hi?
@Announcer: Welcome, you dear thing. Welcome to your chance of glory. Any volunteers? Anyone?

Scott McLamok

"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Scott McLamok on May 17, 2020, 10:12:18 PM
OKay....
@Announcer: "Ah, welcome, dear child. Please come up to the stand. You are about to have the honor of fighting for your very life in an arena. If you survive, you shall bring glory and honor to yourself. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!" *@Announcer peers out into the crowd* "Any more? If not, we shall bring the few brave souls we have and prepare them while we wait for the next volunteers."

shisteer of nothing much

*tries my best to blend in with the crowd*
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Shadow of Korriban

*Herman cannot blend in with the crowd*  *Herman is overweight*
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

*Platoon of guards snatches Teer from the crowd* *The guards grab Herman and Russa for good measure*

@Announcer: "Now, we have enough for now. The first batch will come with us and train for the Upcoming Games. May the odds be ever in your favor." *The guards shuffle the beasts into a train, and the journey begins*

@Announcer: "Feel free to visit with each other." *Flashes a grin* "It's not like you'll be killing each other in a few day sor anything. Or wait..."

Captain Wortshire

*fixes hood, than starts walking away somewhere, and begins to whistle*
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Sebias of Redwall

(I'm afraid they already snatched ya up, Wort.  :laugh:)

Verdauga

When I first saw this topic title, I thought of this.

Spoiler
[close]
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)