Saddest Redwall Book

Started by Tiria Wildlough, December 06, 2011, 02:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

I'm glad to see someone agrees with me! ;)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

@Delthion. Well, just got mah hands on Pearls of Lutra and reading it right now. I actually started crying with joy in the library when I found they had Redwall books.  :P I find that the seagulls stealing the marchpane balls from the cake mistaking them to be the Tears of All Oceans hilarious. :D

EDIT: Just finished, just a little bit disappointed that there was no HUGE battle at the end.  :-\ Well, its still fantastic.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ungatt Trunn

I'm honestly going to say Martin The Warrior: there are other Redwall books that are sad, but having your loved one die in a battle that you could have prevented her from "attending"... now that's just dipressinh :'(

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Skarzs

I think that book was meant to be dramatic and be a tragedy, and Brian did a good job portraying it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: The Skarzs on December 17, 2014, 04:26:54 AM
I think that book was meant to be dramatic and be a tragedy, and Brian did a good job portraying it.
Agreed. I don't think Shakespear could have done any better at  a tragedy drama...

The Skarzs

Um. . . yyyyes he could. :P There are four great tragedians: Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides, and Shakespeare. They formed tragedy.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: The Skarzs on December 17, 2014, 04:49:34 AM
Um. . . yyyyes he could. :P There are four great tragedians: Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides, and Shakespeare. They formed tragedy.
I've read some Shakespeare... they were great in the sense of stories, but I really didn't find them sad. But Martin The Warrior really almost brought me to tears... but that's just my opinion. ;)

Søren

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 17, 2014, 04:51:11 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on December 17, 2014, 04:49:34 AM
I've read some Shakespeare... they were great in the sense of stories, but I really didn't find them sad. But Martin The Warrior really almost brought me to tears... but that's just my opinion. ;)
Martin the Warrior was a book with a sad ending. It wasn't a tragedy though. Practicaly everyone has to die in a real tragedy.

I'm retired from the forum

BrookSkimmer

I always cry when Abbot Mortimer dies in Redwall.  :(

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on December 17, 2014, 11:08:37 PM
I always cry when Abbot Mortimer dies in Redwall.  :(
Wait, Brook? Your here??? Not trying to be creepy or anything, but I haven't seen you in a LONG time...

The Skarzs

She's been supervising the tournament, so yeah. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

I think Martin the Warrior was the saddest Redwall book. Sooooo sad! :'(
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Sebias of Redwall

Loamhedge.  :'( Though Rose's death was pretty sad in the tv series.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Either Mattimeo or Outcast of Redwall.

Mattimeo's general atmosphere was misery and despair. Things would start to come right, then something would happen and destroy their hope again. (And Warbeak dying made me cry)

Outcast of Redwall had some very happy parts that seemed to make Sunflash's past all the more terrible. His friendship with Skarlath was beautiful and the end to that friendship was heartbreaking.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

Mattimeo was pretty much depressing the whole way through.
Martin the Warrior was also SO sad! Slavery, death just an all around depressing. God that book was such a downer but still so good.
The Bellmaker and Taggerung weren't very sad but Finbarr and Cregga's deaths were the only deaths to make me cry in redwall.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me