News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Delete the Cellars

Started by Mara the Wolf, April 02, 2021, 09:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

The only American way to treat tea.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach... *Quietly floatz in ze air*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Rillbrook the Wanderer

*Pours tea for everyone that wants some*
*Also offers coffee from Verd's Fishy Cafe*

Ally046

Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Verdauga

Since Masika has decided to support the overlords, should this topic be renamed "Delete the Cellars"?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Mara the Wolf

Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

*Zetz Masika'z 'air on fire tae zee if it vill change 'er moind, zen hovlz*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Mara the Wolf

*Kicks and claws HIAG as she breaks free and dives into the nearby pond*

You wanna know torture, HIAG? Watch every. Single. Alpha & Omega movie. Or every single Care Bears movie. Or A Troll in Central Park.
Fursonas:

Flib Bigboat

This is weird. What is with you and traumatic movies, Masika?
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Rillbrook the Wanderer

The Alpha & Omega's first movie wasn't that bad

Mara the Wolf

Bambi, The Lion King, and The Land Before Time are classics considered traumatic because they feature death in a family movie, to varying degrees of grief (Bambi has birds singing "gay little spring songs" (when the movie was made, "gay" meant, "carefree, happy") and virtually no grief after the mother's death. The Lion King features a kid begging with their parent's corpse to wake up and spends years thinking he's responsible for his father's death. The Land Before Time not only has a kid watch his mother die, he also saw a chunk of her flesh be torn out of her back and was hunted down by his mother's killer (not to mention the death isn't immediately followed by a happy song like Disney does, but instead shows realistic grief)).

All Dogs Go to Heaven has the main character killed off twice and nightmarish depictions of Hell.

I had all 4 of these movies growing up, and I loved them.

The ones I recommended to HIAG are tortuous because they're stupid (Alpha & Omega), they're meant for babies (Care Bears and A Troll in Central Park), or they're franchises that keep spawning awful sequels that the only joy derived from them is watching Internet reviewers suffer (Alpha & Omega for Bobsheaux and Care Bears for Nostalgia Critic (the second isn't worth it, as footage from the Care Bears movies makes your eyes vomit))
Fursonas:

Flib Bigboat

Now you hate me for accidentally making you mad again. And I don't care.
(Also, is there a movie about the tale of King Rhitta and the Spiral Castle? If there is, I will never watch another movie again.)
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

I do not hate you, I simply explained things for you.
Fursonas:

Flib Bigboat

You ought to know by now, me and explanations never understand each other.
Long live the RRR!