News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Annoying Parts in Redwall

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 05, 2012, 04:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Slings on the inside, rapiers on the outide doing a spinning motion, outcast of redwall I think.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

I think they did something similar in Mattimeo too. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on April 13, 2012, 07:45:28 AM
I need to debate. ;D
I like to debate or argue (Where's Dippler to lecture you on the difference when you need him?).
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on April 13, 2012, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on April 13, 2012, 07:45:28 AM
I need to debate. ;D
I like to debate or argue (Where's Dippler to lecture you on the difference when you need him?).
HAHAHA!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwall rules

I hate it when a good creature gets killed but it gives the book a good twist
Yah, go and boil your beak, General Pongo!!!

Said by someone from the book Mattimeo

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Redwall rules on April 13, 2012, 03:54:31 PM
I hate it when a good creature gets killed but it gives the book a good twist
Yea... a twist in FATE!

William

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on February 05, 2012, 04:54:08 AM
Well, Redwall fans, what parts in Redwall books really annoy you?
For me, I hate when Lord Brocktree wanted to move on straight away, and he said a badger Lord carries 200 votes and his sword carries 100. If someone had stood up to him, what was he going to do, whip their head off?
Also, I hate it when Salixa ticks off Rangval the Rogue when he starts talking about food. Rangval was helping them, what with Owch Mansions and the rest, and they reward him by ticking him off. I hate characters who do that, but more than ever, I hate characters who do it reasonably. :P :P
I understand that some of the more sensible members might not like this topic, because people are bound to grouse about parts they don't like, and I'm not going to get annoyed if you say so, but I saw no reason not to start it 'cos it has to do with Redwall and there's no topic about it already made. :)

Well, to be perfectly honest, think that is really the point. The quest is serious and its leader is equally serious, really he had little other choice as it would have set a bad precedent.

I cannot really think of a bit that annoys me althouh I don't like the mixed-species characters.

Bluefire

For me, reading the very detailed food scenes when I'm hungry is annoying.

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Dannflower Reguba

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

This is about annoying parts, not sad parts, guys. For me, the only annoying part about Rose dying was that fans are GUARANTEED to moan about it. ;D
I'm not a hipster.

White One6193

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on February 06, 2012, 05:29:05 AM
I do not think it is fair for someone who is bigger to exert their authority over people. There is always a nice way of asking. :)

Yes, BUUUUUT..... Sometimes the little guy is too stupid and in love with his own voice to listen to reason. Sometimes you have to use reason AND a little roaring. Brian was suffered through the Blitz when he was a kid. He found out what happens when stupid idiots don't listen to have have someone "bigger" or "stronger" telling them to stop.

As to Rose:

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on June 13, 2012, 01:09:02 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on June 12, 2012, 11:31:27 PM
Quote from: AbbotAlf0805 on June 12, 2012, 11:03:53 PM
When Rose died!!!!

I second the motion!  ;D

Motion carried!

I call for a vote!

"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Tiria Wildlough

Rose dying wasn't annoying, it was sad.
I'm not a hipster.