Bullying: Your Views

Started by Trigoma, March 03, 2012, 05:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is bulling...

Mean and should be dealt with?
Neccesary for maturing?
Force bullys to play zelda?

Trigoma

So in my first hour class (called advisory. Totally pointless hour) we are discussing bullying and the effects it has had on people. What are your views about bullying? Please share freely! If you have any bully stories,  RL or online, please share!

Mod Edit: Topic typo. ;)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Skipper

it is pointless, bullies should really look into getting a life because there most likely going to end up getting paid little and living on the streets or something. I'd face a bully anyday after i had some shrimp'n'hotroot soup ;)

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Skipper on March 03, 2012, 07:04:21 AM
it is pointless, bullies should really look into getting a life because there most likely going to end up getting paid little and living on the streets or something. I'd face a bully anyday after i had some shrimp'n'hotroot soup ;)
Right on i am dealing with a jerk right know but she does know how to make you feel horrible then she pretends to be your friend it's sickening!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Ceteruler

As Skipper said, bullies should get a life.
Thankfully, there are no bullies at my school per se.

redwallgurl

there are so many crazy things happening in our school like fights mainly in my class. anyway all you nned is a group of friends around you and your pretty much safe. i can tell you one time my friend was out in the hall after gmy and she was getting water and the other team was out there too. thye started picking on my friend and being really easily provoked shefought them and won but got introuble. It wasn't her fault but the same team tried it on me and a couple others.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Captain Tammo

It's a bigger problem than most think. Have any of you guys seen "To Save A Life" ??? It's an amazing movie (yes professionally done. It's an actual RECENT movie) about bullying and standing up to it. I think it's on channel 1010 for those who have time Warner
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Bragoon

I'm going to stay out of this.  It's much too complicated an issue to be solved by any one rule or explanation.  Just remember kids, be good parents and your kid will turn out better.

I will point out that the public school system in the U.S.A. is terribly flawed in many ways, and it's totally frozen when it comes to first judicial, then penal actions. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Nightfire

Quote from: Captain Tammo on March 03, 2012, 04:21:00 PM
It's a bigger problem than most think. Have any of you guys seen "To Save A Life" ??? It's an amazing movie (yes professionally done. It's an actual RECENT movie) about bullying and standing up to it. I think it's on channel 1010 for those who have time Warner

That is an incredible movie, Tammo, and my family owns it. I hate bullying, but, to be honest, when you look into it, then you usually find out that the bully is someone who is either bullied at home, or they are cowards who are insecure about themselves, so they put others down to make themselves feel better.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

Yep. The only bully I ever encountered was a troll on Fanfiction.net.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Hah, I remember the troll. Mooba, he was called, right? I've been out of the troll war for a while, though, due to my busy schedule. Did you guys ever manage to erase him from FF.net?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

KaiTheDog

I can respect the people who think one bully is a real pain in the tucas, because I was bullied...
...By an entire school bus full of kids for sitting next to a kid who happened to be my neighbor. And again later on during eighth grade for reasons I cannot explain why other than the fact that I did not talk or make friends to anyone at all during eighth grade.
It's wrecked me so bad that I am, two years after the fact, still terrified to sit in the back rows of a school bus, and my bus driver decided to assign seats one fine day and, of course, I got to sit in seat eleven on a thirteen row bus. But it's surprisingly nice back there, except for the day I pulled a lollypop stick out of my hair and the one kid who tried (and luckily failed) to get high.

Quote from: Nightfire on March 07, 2012, 07:25:27 PM
Hah, I remember the troll. Mooba, he was called, right? I've been out of the troll war for a while, though, due to my busy schedule. Did you guys ever manage to erase him from FF.net?

We never got rid of him, actually, but he was inactive for a very long time, and he just recently felt like coming back to spam again :/

Lutra

Well, I think this poll is a bit one-sided, as you don't mature from being bullied, and playing Zelda is certainly amusing.  I never did understand why bullying occurs, and even now, long out of high school, and a teacher of high-school aged teens, I still don't get where and or why it does, except that it is never tolerated.  Many who are bullied, suffer as a result from a lack of self-esteem and mental image.  Nobody has a right to feel like that.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Primrosewarrior

There is this kid on my street that I have to keep an eye on. he's 8, and likes to beat up my little sister when my brother and I aren't around. And he scares my friends little brother into histerics.

Søren

There was never a bully that botherd me.  But there was one kid that thought that he could beat me up or something.  Little did he know that I could whip him.  But I diden't so don't think that I'm mean, cause I'm not.
Bullying is bad

I'm retired from the forum

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This